Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are the British Goverment also collecting phone records?

I see today that the Guardian is reporting that the US Government is secretly collecting millions of phone records from US citizens. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22793851
 - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/jun/06/verizon-telephone-data-court-order via Verizon.

Do you think the UK government is also involved in similar spying on us?

---------------------------------

Full BBC article.....

The US National Security Agency is collecting the telephone records of tens of millions of Americans, according to the Guardian newspaper.

The British paper published what it said was a secret court order directing the Verizon company to hand over electronic data on all its customers on an "ongoing daily basis".

Civil liberties groups said the details of the report were "stunning".

The US government and Verizon have not commented on the report.

The US Center for Constitutional Rights said it appears to be "the broadest surveillance order to ever have been issued".

The document published by the Guardian was signed by Judge Roger Vinson of the secret Intelligence Surveillance Court on 25 April and lasts until 19 July.

It requires Verizon - one of the largest phone companies in the US - to disclose to the NSA the details of all calls it processes, both domestic and international.

The data includes telephone numbers, calling card numbers, International Mobile Subscriber Identity numbers (IMSI), International Mobile station Equipment Identity number (IMEI) as well as the time and duration.

The contents of the call, nor the names, addresses or financial information of the callers are not required.

The order also contains a gagging order, requiring that "no person shall disclose to any other person that the FBI or NSA has sought or obtained tangible things under this Order".

The Guardian said the document "shows for the first time that under the Obama administration the communication records of millions of US citizens are being collected indiscriminately and in bulk - regardless of whether they are suspected of any wrongdoing".

The paper said the NSA, the White House and the Department of Justice had all declined to comment. A spokesman for Verizon, Ed McFadden, told the Associated Press the company had no comment.

The White House was heavily criticised last month for gathering the phone records of journalists at the Associated Press.

The story prompted both questions from both Republicans and Democrats in Washington about how the White House was balancing the need for national security with privacy rights.

I am fairly sure that our government or the EU is already doing this.

Wasn't it introduced by the Labour government to record phone calls, mobile calls and emails?

Didn't they scrap the proposed legislation?

I see today that the Guardian is reporting that the US Government is secretly collecting millions of phone records from US citizens. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22793851

- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/jun/06/verizon-telephone-data-court-order via Verizon.

Do you think the UK government is also involved in similar spying on us?

Yep.

its terrible isn't it-I put some photos of myself on Facebook,really private,personal photos that's why I put them on a social media site with a billion members, I now cant find the photos I think the CIA have stolen them. I also put on facebook what I have for breakfast the government are probably monitoring this information,the government are no doubt listening to my phone conversations as im such a important person.

They've been doing this for years.

Brian Gerrish (UK Column) first mentioned this about three years ago in a video about Common Purpose.

....... and don't forget the variuous  'secret'  listening centres that monitor mobile phone calls and texts.

Stunned that this is news to some of you. Said "Some of You" need to catch yourselves on:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Menwith_Hill

I can only guess that Basil's Facebook Photos are being photoshopped into evidence that The Basildon Massive's possession and plans to use Weapons of Mental Destruction are at an advanced stage.

Wow!!!!

I hope our intelligence services are snooping on people.

One would hope they are snooping on the right people although recent events would suggest they are not snooping enough and my mate ernie from dagenham Easts arrest on Thursday night for possession of 3 bags of grade a green was just unlucky to get busted rather than the intelligence service picking up on his famous quote of "1 for the geezer,15 pound all the way",which would of no doubt had the security services busting a limb for the pull if heard

I don't mind in the least that our government takes the necessary steps to prevent its citizenry being murdered by sundry terrorists. If you've got nothing to hide then obviously you will be of absolutely no interest to the authorities while quietly going about your little life enjoying the peace that you want, pay for and deserve. If you are a criminal or murdering scum intent on going against that peace then I hope you get caught by the knackers and strung up by them.

I don't mind in the least that our government takes the necessary steps to prevent its citizenry being murdered by sundry terrorists. If you've got nothing to hide then obviously you will be of absolutely no interest to the authorities while quietly going about your little life enjoying the peace that you want, pay for and deserve. If you are a criminal or murdering scum intent on going against that peace then I hope you get caught by the knackers and strung up by them.

I couldn't agree more !!

Archived