Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Albans City FC V Billericay Town FC FA Cup

Brightside Bloke

GOAL 1-0 Saints Nwokeji

Saints 1-0 Billericay HT

GOAL Saints 2-0 FRENDO

Saints 2-0 Billericay Town FT

Saints Team, Bastock Hall Wharton Martin Chappell Marwa Comley Watters Osubu Nwokeji Frendo

Subs, Taylor Henry Kaloczi Bailey Georgiou Coulton Graham

No other info available at this time.

We were well beaten today I'm afraid.

Disappointing team selection for me today. When we won three on the bounce we had Junior and Evans playing out wide but neither of them got a start today. We also keep conceding from the same areas but continue with same personnel there! Some would say bizarre. ; )

St Albans looked a pretty good side to me but maybe today just shows where we sit as a Club right now which I must admit I found a bit dispiriting.

Hopefully we'll get back to quick and slick next week . COYB!

I think jl nailed it. Well beaten. We only had 2 shots, 1 on target, and on another day we could have been beaten by 7.

How we can play 4-3-3 with no wingers is a mystery to me. We seem to have lost the winning fomula, by making unneccessary changes.

Again, the guys up front want to do too much on their own...pass it!! It might appear frustrating when passes go astray, but this is the better approach. Mistakes will be made, but we have to do better in the final third.

There will always be games that we will lose. That's the game. But sometimes it's the manner of the defeat that hurts more than the defeat itself. And for me, today was one of those days.

I must have watched a different game then.

I don't disagree that the best side won but I was still optimistic at half time. We spent a lot of time on the offensive in the first half and had a number of half chances. Apart from a well taken goal, I didn't think they did a lot better before the break. A perfectly placed free kick killed the game and their excellent centre back pairing controlled the rest. As we chased the game, we were exposed more at the back, that's what happens and I find it somewhat over exaggerating to suggest we'd concede a shed load.

I thought Joe Benjamin worked very hard for an hour, and Callum Dunne impresses me with his overall work rate in an urn glamorous role.

Dissapointed but I have no complaints... We were beaten by the better team on the day.

Still, nice to go back to St. Albans and see that b*gger all has changed in the 9 years since we were last there...

Still miles better than New Lodge.

Agree with JL.

We are at our best when we pack the team with pace and go for the win. Today we did neither and got what we deserved. It was such a disappointing way to go out of the cup.

I thought St Albans were a good side all round, lots of quality and very good defensibly,  But 7  ???....no way.

I understand the Comments but not the criticism. 

Its so easy to be right after the event, I think some would have been quick to criticise  team selection at  Hendon had we lost, but we didn't.

It's our club and it hurts, but that's our lot,  we have been here before and no doubt will be again.

Don't kick your own team when its down?

COYB

St Albans fan view here.

The first half was very even, 2-2 would have reflected some of the half chances created.

But the second half the Saints came racing out of the blocks and you did appear to be on the back foot.

Way to narrow and our wide men had space and were getting behind you too easily.

In the end it could have been 4 or 5, but that scoreline would not have been truly reflective.

Our season start has been dissapointing so we are hoping to kick on from that performance.

To me your team looked a lot better than some of the outfits that turn up at Clarence Park, perhaps lacking in a bit of confidence and cohesion.

But good luck, nice set of fans that made the journey, and let's hope we meet in higher leagues in the future.

I can't lay blame on the team for yesterdays performance, I just question the manaegements team selection.

We were wrong to once again change a winning team and no pace on the park was evident to all. I also don't understand why the management team took so long to make any changes when those on the park were failing to make any impact.

If I had to criticise the team I would say, did they not realise this was the FA cup, a chance to live the dream for a game or two? I don't recall a crunching tackle or an inspiring run, surely there should have been some desire out there.

You dont lay blame with the team then go on to er blame them.

It was disappointing to go out but not unexpected. An easy game Saturday to get back to winning ways :)

How many changes did we make from the Hendon win ?

Let me be a little cleared for you then as you seem to believe that blame has the same meaning as criticise.

I don't blame the team for the result as I personally believe that the management team selection was our downfall.

If I had any criticism of the team it would be the lack of drive or passion shown on the pitch.

We played with all three strikers on the field with Benjamin and Robinson outwide and Stappleton down the middle, no pace what so ever.

You are saying the players didn't realise the importance of the FA Cup, they didn't tackle, make inspiring runs, they showed no desire, a lack of drive and passion but you don't blame them ?

Thanks for clearing that up Patriot.

There was just one change from the side that beat Hendon with Benjamin coming in for Evans. Benjamin no pace ? Really ?

Archived