Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 3 Kingstonian 2

A very entertaining game I felt.

Billericay started very well and put Kingstonian under pressure from the off, they took their chances and made Kingstonian pay.  They did score two very weak goals, the first Joe Hart would have been proud of and the second from everyone standing still.

I'm not convinced the red card was warranted, neither were those standing around me.  The yellow card for descent was spot on and a stupid booking at that.

I think Craig needs a lot of credit for changing the teams system of play to work better with the players in the squad.  It has really paid off.

Even with ten men Kingstonian looked a good side.  Once they settled down in the second half, after Town's third goal, they kept the ball well and still looked a threat.

Roll on Tuesday night.

Great result for us today.

I thought we played very well first half and could have been further ahead but we missed a couple of chances and the referee was incredibly poor. That said we were well worth our lead and it was great to see us back to our high tempo style. Totally deserved red for a very bad two-footed challenge - I'm really surprised some people didn't think it was a red.

I don't think we knew whether to stick or twist in the second half but scored again when their keeper who had made some great saves made a mistake. I think we ran out of gas a bit at the end but over the course of the 90 we were well worth the win.

Hopefully we can keep it going. Should be an entertaining game against the Urchins Tuesday as they are also going very well at the moment. COYB!

thought the red card was as clear cut as you'll ever see, why do players feel they can fly into tackles with both feet off the ground and not get sent off?

much improved performance and I thought the scoreline flattered Ks.

starting to look up rather than down now

Agreed, an enjoyable game and we could have been out of sight by halftime. We do look good going forward at pace and it keeps the pressure off the defence - still think we could do with a decent tall centre half.

I was some way from the red card but at distance it  looked like the lad gave the ref every option to pull out the red. If you dive in at pace  you always risk that outcome. The Kingstonian supporters near me were moaning that our player dived but the red was for dangerous play not the outcome.  COYB

Sounds like I was looking at the tackle from the wrong angle then.

Town are well worth the entrance fee at the moment and with two local derbies coming up we could be in for a treat!

Thought we were superb in the first half and the game should've been over. They couldn't cope with our pace, energy or Joe Benjamin! Absolute nailed on red card, Junior is lucky he still has his leg intact. The third goal sort of killed it as a contest but it wouldn't be a Billericay game if we didn't have some of go at throwing it away! Perfect response to last week and a follow up performance at Enfield next Saturday is needed. COYB

An excellent first 65 minutes from us and could arguably have been 4 or 5 up by that point. From that point Kingstonian had to come at us and I thought we defended really well. Halle & Rodgers are such a fantastic pairing at the moment that I fear any injuries/suspensions.

I think yesterday proved that when we pack the team with pace & power the best teams in the league will struggle to cope. Long may it continue!

I agree for the first 70 minutes we were awesome and it would be very tough for any team in this division to live with us when we play like that. Keep it going fellas.

That was truly a belter.  We looked so much better with some pace on the field, and credit to the new boy (Issac Layne) who marked his first appearance with a goal.  He'd signalled his intent early on, so it was good to see him finally bury one.

Billy's boo-boo wasn't great, but then I suspect a keeper of his ability won't make that or any mistakes again for some time.  He's saved (no pun!) us enough times already this season.  He also seems to give the travelling fans a few things to mutter about too.  Nothing wrong with that!!

I thought the substitutions were timed well, and were the right ones - it all really came together in this one.  I thought the red card (which was a red all day long for me - higher leg at knee level!!) actually livened up the K's, but yet we still managed to keep them under control.  OK, it was a little squeaky in the bum department with a couple of minutes to go, but always thought we were going to get through this one.  I'll take a one goal win in every game if that's what it takes, 3-2, 5-4 - if they're all like that you'll be getting your money's worth out of £10.

Great stuff - more of this please.  MOM for me:  Joe Benjamin.

Roll on Tuesday.

Archived