Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues v Wingate & Finchley KO 19:45

W&F normally get a group (not a crowd) of between 80 & 120 at their games, So even our falling numbers will be a sight for them.

W&F are currently 19th in the league table just 4 places behind us at 15th

We have 3 games in hand over them 

For those that may have forgotten where we are.

Directions to New Lodge

http://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/club-information/locationdirections.html

Blues add strength and power to the squad... 6'5" Striker Geoff Mitchell joins on loan from Hayes and Yeading. Geoff is Expected to go straight into tonights squad.

W&F normally get a group (not a crowd) of between 80 & 120 at their games, So even our falling numbers will be a sight for them.

W&F are currently 19th in the league table just 4 places behind us at 15th

We have 3 games in hand over them 

For those that may have forgotten where we are.

Directions to New Lodge

http://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/club-information/locationdirections.html

Hmmm....

Tonight's attendance 183 - getting to the realms of a 'group' rather than a crowd.

We are thinking of getting a new flag similar to W&F's

"This is all we get at home" 

Still I'd rather have the 3 points thank you very much.

More of a 'gathering' these days! I need to check but we're possibly on course for a 17 year low in average attendances.

As for the game, the scoreline should've been far more convincing. If somebody was doing a 'Football Bloopers' video, they would've had plenty of footage from last night!

More of a 'gathering' these days! I need to check but we're possibly on course for a 17 year low in average attendances.

As for the game, the scoreline should've been far more convincing. If somebody was doing a 'Football Bloopers' video, they would've had plenty of footage from last night!

I'm glad to see the win raised your spirit.

I lost count on how many shots went everywhere but in the net, Nice that as supporters we are all finally laughing at it rather than moaning about it.

Looking forward to Thursday, Now that we have found the back of the net.

Well... I did have a laugh...mainly at the humour that was on display in the CS...

A win is a win and the guys will take away positives from the game to push on further on Thursday. At least we created the chances, something that has been lacking at home... So positive vibes here

A slightly improved Blues performance.  Too many shots hit the wood work in the first 45 (by wood work I mean the tree behind the goal) but the Blues kept pushing.  W&F's defending was based more on luck than judgment which seemed to work well for them.  Their chances were very limited, I only really remember them having a shot cleared off the line in the second half.

It was a pacey attacking performance.  The new fella was quick, lively and got in to good positions.  His first touch was good and he had an eye for a pass.  I could see him working well with either JB or RS in attack.

Despite the crowd not being the largest there was a pleasant atmosphere or cautious hope, and there was much laughter in the Cow Shed at one point in the second half.

It wasn't a greatly improved performance, W&F were quite poor for much of the game.  They had a few players that looked comfortable on the ball but they didn't put together a decent team performance.  They stepped up a bit after the penalty but Billericay defended well for most of the game.

This is a good building block for the Carshalton game on Thursday and hopefully they take another 3 points and then push on.

I won't be there on Thursday but I'm looking forward to the Bury Town game.

COYB!

Falling attendances are not unique to Town, as Eastside pointed out earlier.

However the Clubs and Authorities must become more flexible, Surely, when a live game is scheduled on  terrestial TV weeks in advance, why can't the Clubs play on a different evening ?  

After the winter we have had BP, I dont really think we can be selective as to when we play matches.

Lets just get them played, and build for next season.

Archived