Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

promotion

Dalts

Broadfields United also applied for promotion from the Middlesex League. Neither of those would be clear-cut CCL teams though - they could also be put into the Spartan South Midlands. That's where Dragons have been placed on the spreadsheet above but then that's not official so who knows?

Edited by VPCTFC

Not forgetting our Great Pals at Guernsey FC,who could get promotion from the Ryman 1 South via the Play Offs.

Lastly all the best to my good friends at Whyteleafe FC,hoping you get promoted from the Kent League tomoz,nice to see your Forum buzzing again.

Yes duncs as far as I'm aware 3 go up and 3 down its logical.and I'm sure it wouldn't be on our twitter if it wasn't sure.

yes i have been told mate so well done lets just hope its to ccl prem and not some league where you have to travel to far.

Be taking another pint of you Kronos next season.be good to see you mate

Look forward to it mate.  You may take another pint of me but what happened last time :)

Beat us twice mate.  And look where the 2 clubs are this season :)

So providing you are not binned for an influx of Prem players perhaps we can have a pint on the 2 matches next year :)

Also heard a rumour about Horsley coming into Division One, but got this from an unreliable source so wondered what VP's view was on this as he knows the supply clubs much better than I do.

Just to add to your confusion, Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers were rushing to get an application in for CCL Div 1 groundsharing on Whyteleafe's spanking new 3G. Of course, the FA might say, hey that's Kent Invicta country...

Horsley not coming into CCL 1 although they had a ground grade check in december , the new rule stating that planning permission for lights has to be passed before you apply to Div 1 so there was no way there was time to get this in and done before the deadline at end of december. They would like to get the small amount of work needed plus planning for lights etc passed in time for application next season as long as they are in the challenging pack so are trying to get everything needed in place.  NPL may have applied which i heard they have, but i thought you couldn't use a ground share to get promoted unless like in Epsom Athletic case you had in already in place the season you apply .Or what is stopping any top four team from the intermediate league applying then go & agree a groundshare on a already graded ground and thats it they are in, without making any effort to get there own ground done, i dont think its that easy !!. As i believe Battersea Ironsides have thought about trying to groundshare next season to get in the CCL 1 and even though are in with a chance of title this season know thats the route to go. By the way NPL, Battersea, Abbey are certainly teams that could do ok in div 1, i am sure of that in my opinion if they could get the ground grading sorted.Also have to say after watching Spelthorne a number of times this season they are real credit to the  league also what they have done since leaving the Intermediate league is incredible in such a short time they deserve it with the hard work put in over there by all involved. 

Groundsharing is a waste of a Clubs resources,many have tried but without your own Clubhouse,and the revenue that would bring in you might as well not bother.Many Clubs have tried this route,cannot think of one that has suceeded at Step 6 in CCL.

Groundsharing is a waste of a Clubs resources,many have tried but without your own Clubhouse,and the revenue that would bring in you might as well not bother.Many Clubs have tried this route,cannot think of one that has suceeded at Step 6 in CCL.

What about those that have succeeded above Step 6? Cray Wanderers, Kingstonian etc.

I tend to agree though. If that's the way they want to go it's down to them - it's just revenue to host clubs both in terms of rent and bar takings. Happy days.

To make it worthwhile they really need a plan to get their own grounds as Maidstone did and Horsham and Canterbury City (for example) are working towards. Cray Wanderers have been trying too.

Are they really successes Lee?

Kingstonian had their own ground then had to sell it when they ran out of money. They surely can't be doing as well as if they were owning the ground.

Likewise for Cray, I'm sure that Bromley don't give anything away. Certainly Epsom don't get that at Chipstead.

The only share that has worked financially as far as I can see is Erith & Belvedere at Welling United and of course that isn't a typical ground share!

We all have different measures of success but they seem to have survived OK for a very long time (I realise Cray have foundered somewhat this season). Kingstonian dropped from a Conference club to a Ryman 1 club and now have levelled off as a pretty solid Ryman Premier club. It's not ideal by any means and everyone would prefer to have their own ground. It's tangible part of their identity. I honestly don't know how (or why) you carry on without something on the horizon.