Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

promotion

Dalts

Spelly and Knaphill up. Eversley there all bar the shouting and Alton relegated yesterday. Looks like Ashford and Chertsey coming down to us with Guildford and Fleet (both already relegated) possibles too! Busy summer ahead for the FA steering committee!

Is it definite that 3 are getting promoted,I think the FA will have something to say about it,don't quote me but i thought teams from higher leagues were gonna be acommodated first or have I got it wrong ? 

You have got it wrong Duncs. Teams get promoted and relegated to a level these days, not a specific league. Once they know what level everyone's going to be at the FA allocate them into leagues. If the CCL Premier ends up with, say, 25 teams because of promotion and relegation then at least one and maybe even three will be sent to another league. The leagues are allowed up to 24 clubs in their divisions although 22 is the standard number the FA want at step 5. They can't, and won't deny a Division 1 team promotion based on what happens above.

Yes its all up in the air at the moment and i don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen to our clubs,Dalts can you confirm that you have been told you are going up or is it wishful thinking,don't get me wrong mate i think you and eversley should come into ccl prem, but knowing the way things twist and turn at this level i should be very cautious.

Is it definite that 3 are getting promoted,I think the FA will have something to say about it,don't quote me but i thought teams from higher leagues were gonna be acommodated first or have I got it wrong ?

I'm sure there will be some lateral movement out FROM the CCL.

Yes its all up in the air at the moment and i don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen to our clubs,Dalts can you confirm that you have been told you are going up or is it wishful thinking,don't get me wrong mate i think you and eversley should come into ccl prem, but knowing the way things twist and turn at this level i should be very cautious.

sorry Andy our posts must have crossed thanks mate

You have got it wrong Duncs. Teams get promoted and relegated to a level these days, not a specific league. Once they know what level everyone's going to be at the FA allocate them into leagues. If the CCL Premier ends up with, say, 25 teams because of promotion and relegation then at least one and maybe even three will be sent to another league. The leagues are allowed up to 24 clubs in their divisions although 22 is the standard number the FA want at step 5. They can't, and won't deny a Division 1 team promotion based on what happens above.

Quite right too!

The only problem with that Chris is that the league is struggling for numbers in Division One. This could make it worse. We don't know if Fleet Spurs still want to move across and whether or not the FA will allow them to. They applied last season and the FA told them 'not yet'.

NPL have applied to come up from the Surrey Elite but haven't got a suitable ground yet unless the groundshare they were looking into has been agreed.

I wonder if the league will again ask the clubs at the AGM whether or not we should accept a few reserve teams into Division One to keep numbers up. I know the clubs are, on the whole, against it but if the division continues to get smaller it will eventually fold completely.

Reserve teams won't be able to get promoted from Division One but they could block a promotion place or two so it's a tough choice.

Dug this out from TK's forum. This is just one person's guess on how it'll look next season based on the tables as they are right now. He's taken into account possible sideways moves. Doesn't take into account NPL's grading, South Kilburn's possible resignation and, without sounding like I want it to happen, you have to fear for Dorking's future.

Ash United Ashford Town (Middlesex) Badshot Lea Bedfont Sports Camberley Town Colliers Wood United Cove Dorking Wanderers Epsom & Ewell Eversley & California Farnham Town Frimley Green Guildford City Hanworth Villa Hartley Wintney Knaphill Mole Valley SCR Molesey Raynes Park Vale Spelthorne Sports Westfield (Surrey) Windsor

AFC Croydon Athletic Alton Town Banstead Athletic Bedfont & Feltham CB Hounslow United Chessington & Hook United Cobham Dorking Epsom Athletic Farleigh Rovers Fleet Spurs Horley Town NPL Sandhurst Town Sheerwater South Kilburn Staines Lammas Worcester Park

From http://bit.ly/1iZUYLD

So, if you hear anyone say 'I've heard Dorking Wanderers are moving across' this is where they've got it from.

Dug this out from TK's forum. This is just one person's guess on how it'll look next season based on the tables as they are right now. He's taken into account possible sideways moves. Doesn't take into account NPL's grading, South Kilburn's possible resignation and, without sounding like I want it to happen, you have to fear for Dorking's future.

Ash United Ashford Town (Middlesex) Badshot Lea Bedfont Sports Camberley Town Colliers Wood United Cove Dorking Wanderers Epsom & Ewell Eversley & California Farnham Town Frimley Green Guildford City Hanworth Villa Hartley Wintney Knaphill Mole Valley SCR Molesey Raynes Park Vale Spelthorne Sports Westfield (Surrey) Windsor

AFC Croydon Athletic Alton Town Banstead Athletic Bedfont & Feltham CB Hounslow United Chessington & Hook United Cobham Dorking Epsom Athletic Farleigh Rovers Fleet Spurs Horley Town NPL Sandhurst Town Sheerwater South Kilburn Staines Lammas Worcester Park

From http://bit.ly/1iZUYLD

So, if you hear anyone say 'I've heard Dorking Wanderers are moving across' this is where they've got it from.

As I live in Dorking and have a friendly 'office' in Dorking, I get to hear most of the gossip about local teams.

I'm pretty sure Dorking Wanderers would like to move across.  They thought about it last season buty it didn't happen.

Politically, I think there might be problems with the move,

Edited by Big J R

Kensington Dragons have also applied to join Div1

Could be interesting !

I've just checked out their web-site and they have a massive set-up right down to Ladies and youth.

Only down side, as far as I can see is, it looks like they play at Wormwood Scrubs, (NOT the prison).

Hell of a journey at the best of times.