Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26th April Matches

Our team consisted of the same players that have played for the last couple of months that have done a great job.

Mole valleys I believe had a couple that hadn't played for months for mole valley as they play for Farnborough and ive got to say the 2 forwards page and burton were excellent, the best pairing up fron ive seen all season.

Sorry I meant the two Hanworth Villa line ups v Epsom on 26th April and v Horley on 29th April.

I'm intrigued by Smudge's comments that Ash will bounce back immediately.

As we all know the top half a dozen or so clubs in Division One are all solid and Mole Valley apart, very few clubs have come back from relegation so why are you so certain?

Ash used to be a big club at this level, but in addition to the transfer of clubs from the Ryman League we have also seen ambitious clubs rising Bedfont Green, North Greenford, South Park etc. As a result, they have been pushed down the pecking order somewhat by arguably bigger clubs.

I don't know anything about the workings of Ash United so cannot comment on any organisational issues there may or may not be, but it looks from the outside in as though they are just the victims of football economics.

Ash impressed me the only time I saw them this season,that is the reason why,I think they will bounce straight back.

They had many 1 goal defeats during the season as well,however if there is mass exodus of players,they may go the way of others before them and struggle.Bookham,Banstead,Dorking,being prime examples.However they may need to splash a bit of cash to attract players to play at Step 6.

I think you will find that although Ash thought by many to be a small Village has a large catchment area in Aldershot which sits right next to it, and does not have a small non league club in the area apart from Badshot Lea which is between Aldershot and Farnham so it does have a lot of potential if the right people are running the club I would not class it as a small club for that reason, Southpark have shown that you do not need big wages for players and can do it with local players which can show more spirit playing together.

I think you will find that although Ash thought by many to be a small Village has a large catchment area in Aldershot which sits right next to it, and does not have a small non league club in the area apart from Badshot Lea which is between Aldershot and Farnham so it does have a lot of potential if the right people are running the club I would not class it as a small club for that reason, Southpark have shown that you do not need big wages for players and can do it with local players which can show more spirit playing together.

Not forgetting Camberley, Westfield, Cove, Frimley and Alton all with in approx. 10 miles so if any of these teams are paying they are likely to get the pick of the crop.

I said local since when is 10 miles local, players that actually live in the area of Aldershot-Ash-Ash Vale-Tongham-Norh Camp.

I said local since when is 10 miles local, players that actually live in the area of Aldershot-Ash-Ash Vale-Tongham-Norh Camp.

Well all these teams have players that have played for Ash. 10 miles is nothing to travel for a game of football these days. If you want to play at this level you are going to have to put in more travel time because this is not a local Saturday/Sunday park league. Your team Horley when they travel to play the teams mentioned in an away game certainly do more than 10 Miles. Again I say if they are getting paid the money is a big incentive.

Your totally missing the point about ash having potential to be a big team it is not a small village stuck in the middle of nowhere as was suggested

Ash were a top side when Jamie Horton was boss. They had the likes of Tony Calvert, Matt Everard, Stuart Woodhouse, Sean Mitchell, etc. A good mixture of players who had been and done it at a higher level - or would do in Matt Everard's case - and younger local lads who were on their way up. They played a style that suited them and scored for fun. Before that they were a solid side and since then they've hit a slippery slope. The people in charge there have gone down a different route - probably because they have to for one reason or another - and while I understand Duncs frustrations, getting rid of Alan now would mean no team at all.

As an outsider looking in , I think the issue would be they used to have a budget and now they don't. Unfortunately, no money means you need to have even better player contacts, therefore Ash putting Alan in charge was a way of attracting more players.

The bottom line is they've been in decline for about ten years.

Some teams yes they need money but not all look at hanworth villa most players come from a small area in hanworth that's why they fight for each other and are hard to beat same as South Park, yes ash were a strong team once with players like Jamie Horton but they were all very local players

Edited by eye1