Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26th April Matches

E & E Rich

For what it's worth, I thought Hanworth were very good and on that basis, Ash have nothing to fear as Horley won't TOUCH them. In fact, if Horley lose by one goal on Tuesday they will need a two goal win v Mole Valley and Ash will be safe. If I were Horley I'd be worried about losing to Hanworth by three or four and making their job near impossible on the final day.

If Hanworth were beaten on Tuesday though, it would leave Ash in serious trouble as I'm sure both teams, knowing that a 0-0 draw will keep them both up will hardly venture outside the centre circle. For the neutrals, the perfect result on Tuesday will be a single goal win for Hanworth.

You didn't get much of this right!!

Fair comment!

I'd be interested to see what differences there were between the two line ups, but seeing as both Mole Valley and Horley are closer to me, then it's not all bad, and while I sympathise with Ash, they did get a reprieve last season, so maybe it was coming.

Fair comment!

I'd be interested to see what differences there were between the two line ups, but seeing as both Mole Valley and Horley are closer to me, then it's not all bad, and while I sympathise with Ash, they did get a reprieve last season, so maybe it was coming.

Our team consisted of the same players that have played for the last couple of months that have done a great job.

Mole valleys I believe had a couple that hadn't played for months for mole valley as they play for Farnborough and ive got to say the 2 forwards page and burton were excellent, the best pairing up fron ive seen all season.

Burton has played for us for the last 3 months mate. Between Page and Burton they have played in excess of 25 league games between them so it's not like we found them up the pub on Friday night and asked if they fancied a game :)

To be honest smudge cant recall any.

Some photo's for you, courtesy of the Advertiser Group:-

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/pictures/PHOTOS-Mole-Valley-SCR-v-Horley-Town/pictures-21058636-detail/pictures.html

Burton has played for us for the last 3 months mate. Between Page and Burton they have played in excess of 25 league games between them so it's not like we founder them up the pub on Friday night and asked if they fancied a game :)

Wasnt saying that mate. If you had them 2 for 40 games together you would be in the top 6. So it did make a difference.

well done mole valley and horley i do feel gutted for ash but don't want to have to say `i told you so' think if they are not careful then they could end up in a lot of trouble,every club has to make some pretty horrible decisions,cove did it to me after just 4 games and as peeved as i was at the time look at them now,real football people make real football decisions,remember nobody is bigger than the club whoever they are

well done mole valley and horley i do feel gutted for ash but don't want to have to say `i told you so' think if they are not careful then they could end up in a lot of trouble,every club has to make some pretty horrible decisions,cove did it to me after just 4 games and as peeved as i was at the time look at them now,real football people make real football decisions,remember nobody is bigger than the club whoever they are

so you have said 'told you so'....& now we could end up in alot off trouble if not careful

so what would you do then if you was on the club committee?

doesnt effect me anyway as i have nothing to do with the running off the club (just wondering what the soloution you have for them)......well it might effect me, may get told im not wanted at the agm as i am a very dodgy groundsman lol

Ash will get promoted back up next year for sure,so I see no worries there.Why are you not on the Committee,is it by personal choice,or have they never asked?

been on it for several yrs...just not now.....just say....difference of opinions....but take nothing away from from todays committee they are doing an excellent job keeping the club alive

well Gareth where would you like me to start,personally i think the club has lost its id and has become a sort of an updated old farnborians,the club wether it recognises it or not is in a very frail position,and before any fool wants to start spouting off a load of sh1te about the running of the club i am merely talking football and feck all else,my insight into what would happen has been spot on its not in hinsight i warned you all this would come to fruition,yet you see me as some sort of trouble maker when all i was doing was warning you all i was in fact trying to help not hinder,this club was massive locally and i was always part of it wether on the pitch or off it,i don't know anybody down there anymore apart from a couple of you,recruitment would be top of my agenda if i was the chairman (whom i don't even know)i would also change the attitude down there it is awful some people have a real affliction when it comes to being freindly,the football team needs funding and sponsorship at all times i personally don't beleive in paying players but if that is what it takes to reverse what has happened then Ash as a senior football club needs to generate the cash for the manager,its so easy to sit on a committee and not be proactive,why bother ?you see i do still care about this club it is in my blood.

And you are doing an excellent job maintaining the pitch,with the limited resources you have,hope you at least got CLUBMAN OF THE YEAR for your efforts.

there are more people at the club who have done alot more work that havent been appreciated & should be rewarded

Ash was always a club that was disliked but then no one likes a club that's wins regularly. There were a few characters at the club that knew how to get under the skin of opponents which always worked in ash's favour. Those people have now left the club.

Listen you can all pick up on one part of my opinion and belittle it if you want i don't give a feck,Gareth asked me what i would do and i've told him, end of,what ash don't need to do is carry on in the same way cos it hasn't worked,IMO.(i've been right so far).

Personally it was a sad moment to have seen Ash Utd go down, although my team is Horley Town FC now I lived in Aldershot and in Ash for twenty years until 1987 when I moved to the Gatwick area and lots of my old friends played for Ash, but I'm afraid it seems that Ash has not moved with the times and tried to attract the young people of today, but I'm sure they will come back to be the great club they once were. 

Ash was always a club that was disliked but then no one likes a club that's wins regularly. There were a few characters at the club that knew how to get under the skin of opponents which always worked in ash's favour. Those people have now left the club.

So speaks mr. popular 2014,your right in what you say though jonno nobody likes winners in this country we love people who are crap at what they do (not just football) we are to patronising,we certainly don't like people who are not afraid to tell the truth,i also have some more bad news for you Ash is still disliked by a lot of people/players so where has that come from if you say all those people have left?

It comes from people obviously not seeing how things have changed in recent times down at Ash Utd. Not all peoples experiences will be joyous ones when visiting Ash.