Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Steps 1-4 2014/15 Season

Lucky South Park off to Guernsey again :)

BTK's ;)

Got to feel for Fleet Town as well.  Only local teams have either been relegated or moved.

There will probably be some appeals I would imagine.   I notice that Cray Wanderers have been placed in Ryman North which will probably be a blow to them; not just in terms of travel but also the loss of a whole range of local derbies.   However, if it isn't them it would be someone else and it isn't an easy task.

Based on the latest allocations, and assuming that there are no changes through appeal, the latest updates I have seen show Ashford, Chertsey and Guildford all coming in to the CCL with Wembley going to SML and Croydon going to Kent and all three of our relegated clubs going down.

Not sure how official this is, and it certainly isn't FA sanctioned, but worth a look at the allocations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApThHwWP3onIdFFJVUd4VGp1dzB4dVM0MVpTQnZQdmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

i would say ashford and guildford are extremely unlucky not to get their reprieves. in any other season the club resigning would be placed as the bottom team. Seems strange that the northern leagues still go by them rules but southern leagues dont?? Please correct me if im wrong

maybe so but if you finish in a relegation spot you should expect to go down.  It has been a discussion point on here for years and the consensus was promote more rather than reprive

no i absolutely take that point but are you deserving to be promoted by default? have you earned your place? im not naiive enough to think that offered promotion your going to turn it down in most circumstances but the rules need clearing up and put in a  black or white situation. God knows how many times corinthian casuals have got off on a technicality. 

Why does it take 4/5 weeks for Step 5 Allocations to be allotted? It is not rocket science.How can clubs like Wembley and Croydon plan,if they are moved across.

Likewise what guarantee will Guildford have,that if promoted from the CCL,they will not be shafted back to S.W League,will they turn it down?,or have another wasted season.

Why does it take 4/5 weeks for Step 5 Allocations to be allotted? It is not rocket science.How can clubs like Wembley and Croydon plan,if they are moved across.

Likewise what guarantee will Guildford have,that if promoted from the CCL,they will not be shafted back to S.W League,will they turn it down?,or have another wasted season.

A very good point, Peter !

the FA are a law unto themselves. just goes to show that sitting in an office at FA HQ means you have NO understanding of how non league football works and how detrimental their decisions are. We ALL on this forum could have done a better job with clubs allocation then them fatcats

i would say ashford and guildford are extremely unlucky not to get their reprieves. in any other season the club resigning would be placed as the bottom team. Seems strange that the northern leagues still go by them rules but southern leagues dont?? Please correct me if im wrong

The FA have been true to their word and even handed (unusual I know ;) ). Looks like teams resigning during the season but finishing their fixtures are placed 2nd bottom unless their playing record would have placed them bottom anyway. In the Northern League Wakefield finished bottom despite resigning, 2nd bottom Ossett Albion were reprieved due to Cammell Laird resigning. Exactly the same in the Southern League - Guildford finished bottom but Thatcham resigned & reprieved 2nd bottom Fleet. Ashford & Chertsey both finished in relegation positions with no further resignations in that division, hence no reprieve.

the FA are a law unto themselves. just goes to show that sitting in an office at FA HQ means you have NO understanding of how non league football works and how detrimental their decisions are. We ALL on this forum could have done a better job with clubs allocation then them fatcats

Non League i - the FA Committee that decide these issues aren't HQ based - they are County FA people who will have vast knowledge of the game. Surrey's member is Ray Lewis - a prominent referee in his day and in charge of the match at Hillsborough which had such tragic consequences. I think it fair to say this Committee will have a thorough understanding of how the non-league football works - far more than us amateurs. Committee members as follows - list courtesy of VP.

Keith Brown (Northern Premier League) 

Barry Chaplin (West Riding FA) 

Keith Compton (Derbyshire FA) 

Chris Davey (Devon FA) 

Mark Frost (Huntingdonshire FA) 

Mervyn Leggett (Worcestershire FA) 

Ray Lewis (Surrey FA) 

Nick Robinson (Isthmian League) 

Andy Shaw (Football Conference & Altrincham FC) 

John Suddards (East Riding FA) 

Ken Turner (Southern League) 

John Ward (Hampshire FA) 

+ 1 co-opted Member from a step 5/6 league who's un-named in the FA handbook.