Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Leaders Debates.

Anyone watched our 'so-called' political party leaders in their television 'debates' ??

If they spent as much time trying to sort out this country as they do trying to score points of each other and generally slagging the opposing parties off, we might, just MIGHT have a decent country to live in.

I'm not going to watch any more of them as I've already decided exactly how my vote will be cast !

I watched it all the way through, but like Simon found most of it boring.

For me the star of the show was Nicola Sturgeon. Once again Ed Miliband proved the way he is portrayed by the right-wing gutter press is way off the mark, and he is really looking PM material now. Cameron looked smarmy and nervous, and small wonder he chickened out of a one to one with Miliband. Farage looked like the buffoon he is, and his remarks about HIV will cost UKIP dearly. Clegg performed well, but his betrayal on tuition fees will never be forgiven, or forgotten. The Welsh leader performed as well as she could but was out of her depth, and the Green Party leader has possibly the best policies but doesn't have the charisma of Caroline Lucas. 

IMO the largest party will be Labour who will probably form some sort of coalition with the far more progressive SNP. 

Heard Nicola Sturgeon performed really well. I think the way Ed Miliband stood up to Paxman in the other "debate" showed that he had more backbone than the public were lead to believe. I just got the impression when I started watching it that there were too many pre-rehearsed speeches and sound bites going around from the main parties for my liking. 

If Nicola Sturgeon gets involved in any coalition, she will only work for the Scots and try to scupper any English reforms.  In my view, she is more dangerous that Alex Salmond.

I can't see Farage and Ukip ever getting involved with a Labour minority to form a power base.

• 1 month later...

The Leaders Debates on tv prior to the election were really good value and I feel the reason why David Cameron romped home so comfortably, he came across as cool calm and collected and head and shoulders above the other beleaguered leaders apart from Nicola Sturgeon who, as Cup of Tea and Romford Boy said, performed exceptionally well and good luck to her, she seems to know her onions.

The Leaders Debates on tv prior to the election were really good value and I feel the reason why David Cameron romped home so comfortably, he came across as cool calm and collected and head and shoulders above the other beleaguered leaders apart from Nicola Sturgeon who, as Cup of Tea and Romford Boy said, performed exceptionally well and good luck to her, she seems to know her onions.

Quite so, to coin a phrase.

Lets just wait and see if we do ever get a referendum vote on Europe as promised.

Somehow, I really doubt it !

• 2 months later...

Have you been asleep for the last three months Chriskey?

A summer hibernator, perchance ?

:ph34r:

Archived