Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I Wonder Why........

Big J R

...... this forum in in particular, and the whole web-site in general seems to be becoming quieter and quieter by he day.

E & E Rich and myself usually manage to find time to enjoy a Monday lunch-time pint or two at our Dorking local, and we discussed this, amongst other football related matters yesterday.

We came to the conclusion that maybe the more controversial posters seem to have drifted away, social media including tweets and the like might account for some disappearences, and in general, a lot of people are just losing interest in non-league football.  We are told that the gloom and doom of recession is rapidly leaving us, yet non-league gates haven't increased at all for quite a few seasons.

Another thing that Rich and I discussed at length was the Football Association, both local and national, but it's probably best that I don't expand further !!!!

Shame that Smudger seems to have wandererd away of late, but I do know he has had some personal family problems.  Maybe I'll give him a land-line call.

Comments, anybody ?

I think we've lost a lot of posters who were managers/players & would contribute to after match threads. A lot of them are still on the CCL circuit so not sure why that is. Oh for the glory days of endless threads about Dorking FC ;)

Smudge hasn't been on for ages, hope he's OK.

Think a lot of it is on Twitter these days, always plenty of opinions flying about on there, just abit easier i guess.

In saying that, if you see how many people look at each post I think the forum is alive and well!

Perhaps it's the constant rubbish spouted on here by people not good enough to manage who provide no input other than discuss how bad a manager is doing or how bad a club is being run (like Cove)

Obviously there is a plan here. Everyone knows about it. So why every week do they continue to discuss it likes its a shock?

For all their input its interesting that none of them are current managers. They certainly like talking about the past but right now none of them are.

Id have joined the forum months ago but I was bored with what I read every weekened.

If they think they can do better. Why arent they? (Awaits further bullsht about work commitments,personal reasons rather than facts that they arent good managers and no one wants them.

Got a busy day ahead of me today, including my local, but I'll give young Smudger a ring tonight or tomorrow.

.... and as to young Trevor's comment about the glory days of Dorking F.C. and the endless posts.  Probably best forgotten, mate !

Perhaps it's the constant rubbish spouted on here by people not good enough to manage who provide no input other than discuss how bad a manager is doing or how bad a club is being run (like Cove)

Obviously there is a plan here. Everyone knows about it. So why every week do they continue to discuss it likes its a shock?

For all their input its interesting that none of them are current managers. They certainly like talking about the past but right now none of them are.

Id have joined the forum months ago but I was bored with what I read every weekened.

If they think they can do better. Why arent they? (Awaits further bullsht about work commitments,personal reasons rather than facts that they arent good managers and no one wants them.

Well I for one have retired after a very sucessful management career which of course you will know all about as your club won many trophies in my time as Koo's assistant,your club like so many locally will find itself in CCL Div 1 if you carry on down the road you have taken,its great to talk about the past cos its the only way of gaining experience wether its good or bad it all helps to make good manager,now if you are really interested in Cove making a recovery (it may already be to late )get yourself an old boy who is battled hardened and been in a few punch ups not a kid who has been running junior football love from Duncs x x x

Yes succesfull in the past but not modern football. Wages have crept into these levels and alot of people talk about having books full of contacts, thats great but even they are being ripped up due to finances.

You like to believe it's easy, if it is surely you would still be doing it rather than trying to tell everyone how to?

You mention div 1 like its the worst thing that could happen. Why? We had higher attendances in div 1. We were more succesfull rather than trying to compete with the Guildfords of the world throwing Wages around like it grows on trees.

Im proud of Cove. Doing things the right way.

If not just yourself by the way,but any of you historical managers feel you could do better with no money whilst clubs around you offer players £100 just to play prem football. Please do.

You really are bitter and twisted,I help run Camberley under 11's and we are top of the league how much more modern do you want ?As i have said many many times it IS NOT easy but some people who put in CV's (Bullshit log) will make you and a lot of others believe they have what it takes to manage a senior mens team,you don't need money you need passionate players who have the respect of the manager,I was told by your own committee that going into Div 1 would be a disaster for Cove fc and that was 1 of the reasons they sacked me and Simon

Hang on. You're comparing under 11's with senior football? Interesting. Maybe you could bring a few in and see how they get on. Afterall it's just passionate footballers you need.

Passion is fine. But when players are being tapped up with monetry offers its hard for players to turn away.

I just feel we should be applauded for what we are doing rather than following other clubs.

I do hope one day a club asks you to be manager ( not an assistant, hardly something to shout about as you're just assisting rather than actually managing) just so you can prove your weekly rambles are correct and maybe take some of the other posters with you. Or support cove and our youngsters.

Hang on. You're comparing under 11's with senior football? Interesting. Maybe you could bring a few in and see how they get on. Afterall it's just passionate footballers you need.

Passion is fine. But when players are being tapped up with monetry offers its hard for players to turn away.

I just feel we should be applauded for what we are doing rather than following other clubs.

I do hope one day a club asks you to be manager ( not an assistant, hardly something to shout about as you're just assisting rather than actually managing) just so you can prove your weekly rambles are correct and maybe take some of the other posters with you. Or support cove and our youngsters.

oh dear how many players get 10pounds or less in this league far far more than anyone who gets 100,how many players you had tapped up at Cove this season,probably not many,my best role is as an asisstant nothing wrong with that i don't know what you are trying to say as I told your comittee i don't have the time to manage a team PROPERLY as i don't like doing things in half measures(just being honest),by having a conversation does not mean you have dragged your clubs name down in fact it shows you care and i think lots more of us should talk,you can also insult me as much as you like it really is water off a ducks back,I will just point to my CV (joking)i am proud of my record and thats all that matters to me.

Which part of i have retired do you not understand,im sure the assistant manager at Cove will be pleased with your opinion of assistants,its partly the reason why i have retired because some of the people who are running clubs in this area are fecking clueless and not real football people, look at where all our clubs are, apart from Hartley and Eversley(who by the way are managed and assisted by two very experienced men)youth teams didn't want to know us when we were evolving now we are giving to much away to them.1st team 1st team 1st team every time and not the other way round,rant over. Edited by duncs

I see the 'hand-bag' sale has re-started.

Great for this forum.  Keep the banter going folks, I say !

Edited by Big J R

Your right JR the handbag season has started and i for one have had enough of people who have never been in a dressing room let alone managed telling me that i wasted 15 years in management and don't know what i'm talking about,i have played in this league since i was 18 i represented the league team and finished as highest scorer on many ocassions i have won the league and many many cups as a player and a manager and a fecking ASISSTANT,i now go and watch football and guess what i still spend my money watching teams in this league even though some people who come on here think they know this league better than me,feck off and get real,everyone i meet at the grounds i go to have nothing but a good word to say to me and i will stand and chat to everyone even referees who hated me as a player,another rant over sorry.

Edited by duncs

Guys

Lets not rant and rave over niff naff and trivia, each club will decide the avenue that they want to go down.  Whether that is right or wrong its down to the chairman and the board of that club to make right decision.  I am 100% sure that cove will get it right in both the short and long term, sometime you have to take 1 step back in order to take 3 steps forward.  Some people just have to sit back and let it run its course.

Your right JR the handbag season has started and i for one have had enough of people who have never been in a dressing room let alone managed telling me that i wasted 15 years in management and don't know what i'm talking about,i have played in this league since i was 18 i represented the league team and finished as highest scorer on many ocassions i have won the league and many many cups as a player and a manager and a fecking ASISSTANT,i now go and watch football and guess what i still spend my money watching teams in this league even though some people who come on here think they know this league better than me,feck off and get real,everyone i meet at the grounds i go to have nothing but a good word to say to me and i will stand and chat to everyone even referees who hated me as a player,another rant over sorry.

Quite so, Duncs.  Banter is back, alive and well.  You rant as much as you want too.  At my age there is very little else left to do.  Let the 'yoof' take over.

Some of the 'pundits' on here are still watching their nappies dry on the washing line.

Apparently now, I'm 'scurrilous'.  I really must dig out my ancient school dictionary from years ago and find out exactly what I really am  !!

Duncs totally agree with all your comments regarding Management at CCL Level,seems a lot of CV's given by applicants for jobs,promise much(bull****)which is rarely backed up by results.Such a shame that they think past failure by applicants,will magically turn into future success for them.