Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player of the season so far

neotsnodder

1. Charlie Mpi

2. Lewis Putman

3. Mark Scott

Agree, John Boy.

What about Turkey's of the Season?

Three players who could do a good job for someone else but it just didn't happen for them this season with the Rebels .....

1.Gary McDonald

2.Adam Martin

3.Callum Webb

1. Mark Scott

2. Charlie Mpi

3. Lewis Putman

These three seem to be favoured by a number of members in varying order I chose Mark Scott because imo we would be at least six points down without some of his brilliant stops .

Not disputing that Mark Scott has been a great signing and has made some top saves but don't think you can look past the consistency of effort that Charlie Mpi  puts in every game.

' Puts ' and  Scotty worthy mentions but both are not as consistent as Charlie and to think he didn't even do a pre-season !  

Point taken about silly mistakes  I mentioned them myself a few weeks ago but Ive walked away from matches 2/3 times this season certain that without Marks input we would have lost 1 or 3 points We could be number of points and a number of places worse off than we are.

Edited by Irishadrian

1. Charlie Mpi -never gives less than 100% in every game and his goals have been a big part of giving us the points we have.

2. Guy Hollis - 1st name on the team sheet for me, had an excellent season so far.

3. Lewis Putman - started "ok" but since the move to the left wing he has been superb.

Honorable Mentions - Sean Fraser and Mark Scott.

Turkeys of the Season

1. Gary Mcdonald - one of the worse defenders we have had for a long time

2. Callum Webb - seemed to have difficulty identifying which colour was yellow.

3. Jamie Mcclurg - after being a star for the side in the central league never, ever good enough for the prem also seemed to have the same issue in identifying yellow.

Edited by SloughFlyer

Not disputing that Mark Scott has been a great signing and has made some top saves but don't think you can look past the consistency of effort that Charlie Mpi  puts in every game.

' Puts ' and  Scotty worthy mentions but both are not as consistent as Charlie and to think he didn't even do a pre-season !  

I can't think of any game that Putts hasn't been effective in. Either scoring or setting up goals for other players.

1. Mark Scott

2. Charlie Mpi

3. Lewis Putman

These three seem to be favoured by a number of members in varying order I chose Mark Scott because imo we would be at least six points down without some of his brilliant stops .

Irish, the point you make about Mark Scott could be valid for Putts or Charlie Mpi.

Without Charlie's goals where would we be?

Without Putts goals and his crosses to set up goals where would we be?

SloughFlyer, when I put up the title  ' Turkeys of the Season' it was supposed to be light-hearted, with a sense of  Christmas spirit and a touch of irony. I should have explained it better !

I just wasn't expecting character assassination ! 

I think you're being harsh with your analysis of the players. The reason why, is that Gary McDonald's record in non-league football speaks for itself and I think had we played him in a different role, he could have still been here now. 

Callum Webb is only young. Fresh out of Academy football when he joined Slough, he had trouble adapting to men's football, as it's far more physical and you don't get time on the ball.

He's got time on his side to improve his game, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Jamie McClurg's personal life must have had some bearing on his form and for me, I can't see how you draw the conclusion that he was so awful.

While I agree the Premier division is a much harder league to play in than the Central division, if Jamie hadn't his commitments off the field, we may of witnessed better from him, as for me he was one of our better players in the Central, and I thought we were a little hasty letting him go.

I see Struts will not be in the squad in the next two games due to injury and the end of his loan spell.

After he joined us his fitness got better due to game time and then the goals came just a shame that he has struggled again recently wish him the best with the op and he can then get fit again for next season.

A quality player when fully fit thanks for your contribution in the Slough colours and helping gain valuable points during your time with us.