Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What "IF"

epicrebel

What IF

You had an extra £250 a week to pay on playing squad,     NOT who would you bring in, but what sort of player would you bring in?

Forward ,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.  Midfielder ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,. Defender ???

Tall ect  ......................... attacking/defending ect..............wingback/sweeper ect ???

What IF

You had an extra £250 a week to pay on playing squad,     NOT who would you bring in, but what sort of player would you bring in?

Forward ,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.  Midfielder ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,. Defender ???

Tall ect  ......................... attacking/defending ect..............wingback/sweeper ect ???

The trouble is, naming one type of player wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if your players don't fit well together[in the formation we play]. That's why I wouldn't add a midfield playmaker yet. 

For me currently it would have to be another big speedy forward, as Charlie Mpi is leaving and what with Ed Smith injury ridden. It only leaves us with two midgets in Lee Barney and Scott Harris up front. So we are short of numbers there.  

The trouble is, naming one type of player wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if your players don't fit well together[in the formation we play]. That's why I wouldn't add a midfield playmaker yet. 

For me currently it would have to be another big speedy forward, as Charlie Mpi is leaving and what with Ed Smith injury ridden. It only leaves us with two midgets in Lee Barney and Scott Harris up front. So we are short of numbers there.  

Good point but we don't know for sure yet if Ed Smith has picked up another injury.

Certainly agree that we will miss Charlie's speed and work rate.

None of the above as it would be a waste of money.

One player will not make the difference this season as we are too far off the top 5 to make the play offs.

The other side of it is there are fans who are unemployed or working who do not get that sort of money to last on a week, and the club is paying that to someone for a couple of hours a week on top of what they earn in their main job.

I would rather see us invest it in the youth setup where there are players of the future who play for the enjoyment, not an old has been who is just lining their pockets.

Definitely a centre midfielder for me, I thought Declan Benjamin managed to help us control matches and it was reflected in the results (four wins in his five appearances!).

Getting players like DB are hard to come by. The best ones are always in demand and usually on contract.

As I said previously a striker is more urgent than the midfield in my book. However, that very much depends on Ed Smith, as if he can keep fit, we probably won't get another striker. 

Although from my view I think we should still go and get another one anyway. Even if it is taking a chance on someone with potential or someone that's been around the block in non league football but currently playing at a lower level. 

With Charlie Mpi leaving,meaning a big hole in the team to fill, will Bakes and Unders just try and paper over the cracks for this season with Paul Coyne, Jake Parsons and Ed Smith?  Or do we need more than that?

What do others think?

Getting players like DB are hard to come by. The best ones are always in demand and usually on contract.

As I said previously a striker is more urgent than the midfield in my book. However, that very much depends on Ed Smith, as if he can keep fit, we probably won't get another striker. 

Although from my view I think we should still go and get another one anyway. Even if it is taking a chance on someone with potential or someone that's been around the block in non league football but currently playing at a lower level. 

With Charlie Mpi leaving,meaning a big hole in the team to fill, will Bakes and Unders just try and paper over the cracks for this season with Paul Coyne, Jake Parsons and Ed Smith?  Or do we need more than that?

What do others think?

Speaking of Jake Parsons, he was supposed to be involved with Ascot last weekend but I don't think it happened. Personally I don't think Jake will be involved with the first team this season.

Also I see Paul Coyne played for Ascot last night and came off injured after 35 minutes.

Jake played 115 minutes last night for Ascot, which was miles more than we thought he would do, Coyney came off with a slight groin strain after 35 minutes which is very unfortunate, however you do tend to get little niggles when you have not played for so long, and then throw yourself right back into it.

Jake played 115 minutes last night for Ascot, which was miles more than we thought he would do, Coyney came off with a slight groin strain after 35 minutes which is very unfortunate, however you do tend to get little niggles when you have not played for so long, and then throw yourself right back into it.

I looked at Ascots match report from last night and it must have got the names mixed up as it mentioned Ryan Parsons.

Still, it's great news on Jake if he did 115 minutes without any problems. 

Archived