Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ashford Town(Middx) v Enfield Town - 05.04.16

Tally Ho

Same team had it been the final? Of course not.

LS. the reserves/ under 21s/ youth have their own cup competitions.

So do Premier league reserve and youth teams,but most clubs still choose at least one cup competition in which to rest the first team and put out a mostly second string team. (ie..Carling Cup)..Maybe the middx charity cup could be our 'carling cup'..Although the manager normally still turns up even when he plays the second string. ;)

So do Premier league reserve and youth teams,but most clubs still choose at least one cup competition in which to rest the first team and put out a mostly second string team. (ie..Carling Cup)..Maybe the middx charity cup could be our 'carling cup'..Although the manager normally still turns up even when he plays the second string. ;)

But ETFC is in the Ryman League.

To be fair, to paraphrase BQ he did say in the after match video, he was going to give some of " the lads a run out " who don't always get an opportunity.

If they had won I doubt if there would have been so much discussion.

That said it does not stop me sympathising with the frustration and disappointment of those who gave their time to go to the match.

I'm coming into this with the benefit of hindsight so I'll sound more intelligent than my usual extremely high levels.

Firstly the manager has a very important responsibility, getting the results which keep us interested, he is certainly doing that for the second season running.

Whether people agree or not we are well and truly in with a shout of a Play Off spot and yesterday's 4-0 thumping of Merstham has not only gained us 3pts but also heaped pressure on our rivals goal difference stakes.

The decision - 'resting of players' therefore has been justified by the result IMO.

Corey and Alfred picked up injuries yesterday , what if they got injured Tuesday and couldn't play V Merstham and we'd lost? Hyperthetical but moans and groans come to mind.

In the meantime Ricky Jordan De Cruz all got good minutes and we saw the credentials of the younger players in a first team match albeit under the new and very able U21 manager.

The only area is question is to communicate the team selection intentions to supporters so they can choose whether to travel.