Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ashford Town(Middx) v Enfield Town - 05.04.16

Tally Ho

Young team selected tonight.

Team: Leslie, Lockie, Gabriel, Omojula, Hursit, Da Cruz, Zola, Gabriel-Reiss, Bola, Shaban, Hatch.

Subs: Awoderu, Crichlow-Nobel, Samuels, Walker.

Is that the most changes ever from one game to the next? :o  Looks like we threw in the towel with regards to this cup before the start.Understandable considering fixtures coming up,but i think we should have made the supporters that travelled tonight  more aware that this would be a reserve fixture.

Is that the most changes ever from one game to the next? :o  Looks like we threw in the towel with regards to this cup before the start.Understandable considering fixtures coming up,but i think we should have made the supporters that travelled tonight  more aware that this would be a reserve fixture.

Totally agree on all points. That must be a first.

I've seen far worse performances from a full first team and Ashford Town hospitality was top notch.

Have to agree. What is the point of us reaching a Cup Semi Final if we don't intend to win the competition?

Maybe that's why we lost the quarter final.

Maybe we should treat the middlesex 'charity' cup as a reserve competition every season.Then put the first team out in all rounds of the  middlesex 'senior' cup?.That way everyone would know how we would be approaching the different competitions.Squad/youth players would get more chances to impress,and we would have a better chance of winning the Senior cup more often if the first team solely concentrated on that competition?

My only gripe is not being aware we weren't taking a first team there. Living near Cambridge, I have to pick and choose what games I make it to, and this was not very enjoyable.

In addition, I persuaded my 80 year old father in law and 9 year old daughter to come .. having witnessed that they are probably less likely to come to an Enfield game in the future.

Great to see Ricky back from injury though!

Exactly Andy who indeed sanctioned it,I bet we will never know.

It was a first team fixture 1/4 final of a cup and Ricky making his comeback after 6 months out with a very serious injury,so how do our management team react simple none of them showed up not even the Physio..

Very Poor i.m.o.

Listened to the manager talking after the grays game about the Ashford game and at no time did he say he would be fielding almost a team of under21 players.

I think this showed a total disregard to the competition and a total disregard to the fans that travelled to Ashford. 

But having said all that I am not blaming any of the players who pulled on the shirt Tuesday evening they gave there all.

Up The Town