Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 9th April Match Thread

Wish i could but still got baggie to finish & several cup finals before i can

We requested, and were turned down for hosting any SFA cup final this season because of concerns re parking spaces. :ph34r:  

Went to Molesey for U18 final and....no parking spaces and a sub-standard pitch (played on the previous evening by MFC 1st XI and not re-marked)!

Today, the under 12 final was played at Meadow Sports (a club I don't know) where pitch looked like a local rec.

South Park, Redhill and Ash all allocated various finals by SCFA this season and, with due respect, not the best surfaces.

You may (or not) discuss.

We requested, and were turned down for hosting any SFA cup final this season because of concerns re parking spaces. :ph34r:

Went to Molesey for U18 final and....no parking spaces and a sub-standard pitch (played on the previous evening by MFC 1st XI and not re-marked)!

Today, the under 12 final was played at Meadow Sports (a club I don't know) where pitch looked like a local rec.

South Park, Redhill and Ash all allocated various finals by SCFA this season and, with due respect, not the best surfaces.

You may (or not) discuss.

I totally agree with you chris as those 3 pitches do struggle when wet as well. I know there are alot better pitches than the ash pitch as I've always said ashs. itsnt that good & for a good final i honestly believe they should be played on grassed pitches not patchwork ones like Ash's. The plus side for Ash holding a cup final is plenty of parking in the ground or around the ground, plus clubhouse isnt too bad.

If rother is meaning poor boys having to play finals at Ash, its only one boys game, most are mens final & most teams play on a park pitch so it wont effect them playing at ash as its like a park pitch.

I also think having several well placed people at the club who are in the know, does help..

Me personlly would like to be doing like colliers on the pitch asp, but i do also know the club needs cup finals to pay for the end of season work, so its really a no brainer

Slightly belatedly, our match report from the 4-1 win over Badshot Lea is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-48.html

A very comfortable day at the office with a slight wobble at the start of the second half.

'Weeble's wobble but they don't fall down'  !!

Edited by Big J R