Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup v Amber's

Sweetnicker

As i said,i really hope its a positive move for Cheshunt FC and its long suffering supporters .You deserve some good times.I've also got no reason to doubt the motives of your owner at all..What i will say is that the cost of clearing off debts may be very good value if it gives him access to a massive piece of real estate in a prime location.A piece of real estate that would not be allowed to be developed without a football club being on the site.And anyway,if you get a nice new ground out of it,so what if he makes a load of money as well? could be a win ,win.We'll wait and see.

This is different ST Broxbourne council have always stated that there has to be a football stadium there otherwise they would never agree to it. I have seen the plans that were submitted to them myself and it will also benefit the local community.

As LS has stated previously, I hope for your sakes it turns out to be what you want. Being a disenfranchised Blackpool supporter, I know only too well what wealthy benefactors are capable of ! Thankfully, I started watching Town home and away 4 seasons ago and the whole setup and structure at Enfield has reinvigorated my interest in football. Non league is where it's at for me !

So if he agrees to build a new stadium for cheshunt fc at the back of all the new flats,he may get planning for this prime site?

Expect the ground to be last thing built (and may well be scaled down)..Have you considered who you will ground share with whilst ll this is happening,because building these properties will extend the time greatly till the site can be re-occupied.

Edited by lovely stuff

Suddenly a supporters trust run club seems eminently sensible.Anyone else notice the resemblance of all this at Cheshunt to what happened to EFC.We had enticing plans and models shown to us of how our new stadium would look,and detailed plans submitted.It was just  a smoke screen to sell the ground for flats,and every promise and plan was broken.

Edited by lovely stuff

This was the first ETFC game I have seen this season.

Hopefully the various comings and goings have settled down and both the squad and starting 11 will "pick themselves". I think what struck me on Tuesday night was how similar the team is to last year's. Once we've sorted out the attack, plus remembering how to win away from home, we will start to climb the table sooner rather than later. So:

1) the attack. For me, the times Dernell has been given a chance, he has done well. Most forum readers will have seen him play far more than me, but I've seen him play half a dozen times now and he is a goal scorer. I think the starting 11 looks stronger with Ottaway up front, but the one thing missing from his game is goals. He is not a natural goal scorer. Bobby also is a goal scorer but if we're looking for the next Corey Whiteley, look no further than Dernell. He is quick, has good control, turns well and has quite a shot. I also liked the look of "Tony" but can't judge after a 20 minute cameo at a tiring Cheshunt defence.

2) winning away from home. We have a solid defence and Billy Crook is very impressive in midfield. I think it's in the mind as much as anything. It wasn't so long ago that we couldn't buy a win at Brimsdown but seemed to win away all the time so I'm confident it will change. Maybe Brad needs to change the team's mindset ..... He'll have a plan.

Talking of Brad, I was surprised he picked himself on Tuesday. There's no doubt he is a leader but it seemed to me to undermine other "leaders" on the pitch e.g. Kirby and Crook. Let Kirby lead on the pitch - he knows what he is doing and can make sure the team stays set up the way Brad wants them set up. Too many cooks etc.

Anyway, on to Saturday. Looking forward to seeing the young guy on loan from Reading - hopefully if he is good and wants to gain experience, his loan will be extended.

Yes we've had a poor start but when I look at the squad, it's perfectly capable of going on a good run and climbing the table - sooner rather than later once the ball starts to run for us in the final third and we bang in some goals.

Lastly, I read this chain with interest, especially the development plans for Cheshunt FC. As a former Enfield FC supporter, I share people's nervousness and I hope for the loyal Cheshust supporters' sake that the proposed development works out. Having said that, the development company is family run, is local and has a solid track record - something Lazarou didn't have. Let's hope Broxbourne council make the caveats that go with planning permission iron clad so the football club doesn't get taken advantage of.

Not gone quiet LS had to go out then been to work all day, all i can say is  along with others i am confident that it will benefit the football club as well as the local community. A lot of work has been done on the 3g pitch and the pitches behind it for the youth set up which is a big part of Cheshunt FC. Obviously i don't know all the in's and out's being just a supporter  but i trust the owners and Broxbourne council to do the right thing. Can't really say too much more on the matter (nothing to do with the 'big cheese'), i reckon this thread is pretty much exhausted and we will always have our own opinons on the matter so lets just wait and see.

Edited by Sweetnicker