Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Playoffs here we come

cup of tea

At this stage of the season, all that matters is the fact that we got the 3 points.

Tight first half with Waltham Abbey putting a lot of energy into the game. Second half we ended up increasing dominating the game but just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net until Elliot got his head to one of the excellent corners that were coming in. Fantastic team effort. We've reclaimed 3rd back from Thurrock and the other results apart from Brightlingsea (congratulations to them on becoming champions) went our way so we now can't be caught for 5th (1 win or even 2 draws will secure us 4th) and we are not that far away from Maldon who dropped points today.

Well done Hornchurch

Oh, and we've regained being the best supported away team in the league this season after Maldon were temporarily ahead of us because of that freak attendance against Heybridge.

Not sure if I've got my maths right here (far more intelligent people at the club who can work this out better than me) :-

If we don't lose on Saturday or get one win or even two draws (with our far better goal difference) - we're guaranteed 4th ahead of Phoenix Sports.

If we win all our remaining games or get two wins and a draw and overturn Thurrock's better goal difference then we're guaranteed 3rd ahead of Thurrock

We will need Maldon to slip up twice (e.g. 2 draws) or them to lose one and have a significant goal difference turnover (unlikely) and us win our remaining games to get 2nd (or Maldon lose all their remaining games and us win 1 and draw 1 etc..)

We have the toughest run in? What dates are the play offs likely too be around?

The Wednesday and Sunday straight after the Bowers game .. so 26th and 30th April.

Ryman South is Tuesday/Saturday;  Ryman Prem is Thursday/Monday.

The Wednesday and Sunday straight after the Bowers game .. so 26th and 30th April.

Ryman South is Tuesday/Saturday;  Ryman Prem is Thursday/Monday.

Can't make any of the normal league matches because of family (back to Liverpool Easter weekend and some stupid Thomas the Tank Engine thing on the last match).

Need to make sure nobody goes making any stupid plans for me on the above dates.

(or I might just be a glory hunter making excuses).

I'm not bothered about Premier League football anymore, I'd like to see City of Liverpool do well purely because of the set up they've got.  Hoping to get to see them over the weekend.

Before the Premier League became a complete circus, I followed Liverpool home, away and across Europe.  Lost all interest now though.

They'll do well under Klopp but it's not what I signed up to when I first went to Anfield in 1984.

Non league is better. Feel closer to the team who really appreciate your support. A few laughs, beer or two at half time. Great bunch here at the Urchins.

I know it's a bit early (well not really, next week).

Hopefully Wroxham will get a result and we'll be at home, but in all likelihood we're going to be away to Thurrock next Wednesday.

I'll be working from Ilford (or might make up an excuse to work from home), either way I'll have no trouble getting there.

I assume on the way back the busses to Hornchurch are still running?  Just a bit worried that it's the Lakeside bus and will only be running in shopping hours.

Archived