Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congrats Kirbs

4wembleyfinals

Even though he is no longer with us it was still nice to hear Kirbs referred to as "the outstanding player of the match" by the BBC commentators a number of occasions. Also his after the match interview was far more articulate than most pro-stars on TV, even though he was obviously shattered.  It made me proud that he has been associated with our club.Given the chance, I for one, would welcome him back anytime. Well done Kirbs!!!

Seconded 4WF! Nothing to add to your comments other than that I have always been very disappointed that the powers that be at our club did not even deem it necessary to make an announcement that Mark had officially left the club after being on loan to Haringey. At the very least a 'Thank you' to him would have been nice. After all, he wasn't any old player - he was/is part of our history.

11 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Greater than Kevin Riley?

One of our better and most under-rated players of the time.

"Greatest ever player". Hm perhaps. I need to be reminded of a better player. I have thought of Lee Smith and Rudi Hall but they couldn't match Kirby. We have had some fine goalkeepers including Wright but also Andy Hall.

Obviously Hope would be in there and I like to think that there would be, in the future, Bricknell and Blackman.

Archived