Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

First impressions

urchinman1961

I know you can't read to much into a pre season friendly but was good to see the give and go football several new players caught the eye in both halves I dare say there will be more coming and going of players before the season starts nice to see some ex Urchins in attendance 

Missed the first half. Glad to get the win but obviously it’s a meaningless result for both sides. Agree there were players there that looked interesting and this is the time to test players / formations etc and build up fitness for the players as well. Good pre season friendly, useful for us and Grays and thanks to Aveley for being good hosts. 

14 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Missed the first half. Glad to get the win but obviously it’s a meaningless result for both sides. Agree there were players there that looked interesting and this is the time to test players / formations etc and build up fitness for the players as well. Good pre season friendly, useful for us and Grays and thanks to Aveley for being good hosts. 

Tea as Fleet above has said the 1st half was by far the better half.

It was great to see Rickie back where he belongs in an Urchin shirt. 

Can't wait for the next game at Canvey COYU'S......

1 hour ago, blackballed said:

Tea as Fleet above has said the 1st half was by far the better half.

It was great to see Rickie back where he belongs in an Urchin shirt. 

Can't wait for the next game at Canvey COYU'S......

That’s encouraging BB 

First half was decent, playing it along the back with all the the new look defence all looking sound with the ball at their feet only thing lacking is a 16stone Akenfenwa to hold up the ball and win a few headers. Second half was a nothing half but with all those changes I didn't expect anything more. Dutton  Iooked confident on the ball and I'll look forward to seeing more of him this season. 

Good 1st half with some good performances with some new players looking good. Can’t comment on the goalie as he wasn’t really tested. Saw Nathan warming up, but he didn’t play which was a shame - I hope he’s not injured. Good to see Ricky back again he will be a real asset.

The key thing about the second half was Sonny’s performance which was more confident and assured, but we desperately need strikers. Two signings who between them can notch up the goals with young Stimson on the bench as a good sub when needed is my view.

Looking forward to the season. 

Archived