Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray Wanderers

WXEn8

Nice little trip across the water into deep sarf! See you all there :382:

Having started well last year, our season went downhill after the unfortunate FA Trophy exit (our luck changed after the misplaced Matt Johnson back pass). That makes tomorrow's game at Cray an important one. We need to bounce back (hopefully in style) and make sure history doesn't repeat itself.

And I am optimistic that it won't, now that Mo Faal is with us for a while longer. I have only seen him play twice but was very impressed both times. There is no question he can play at a higher level, so now the "he's off to Bolton" rumour has been parked for the time being, I hope he continues to show the enthusiasm, skill and hard work that I saw when I was back home. He is deceptively skilful with an excellent first touch. Either Alex Read or Billy Britnell will form a good partnership with him and the longer Mo chooses to stay with ETFC, the better a team we will be.

Andy Leese's update on the website is timely and positive. I agree with his comment re our defence. Jon Muleba has made a big difference there. Very solid, reliable player who partners Weatherstone well. With Nathan McDonald in goal and Sam Youngs and Ryan Blackman in midfield, the spine to the team is strong. I hope Weatherstone is fit for tomorrow's game.

I'll be Twitter-watching at work even more keenly than usual tomorrow - big game for us.

Agree with the above, BR10! I'm unusually excited by the attacking options currently (or soon to be) available for Town. Although do we think AL will be able to fit Mo, Billy and Alex into the same side?

I prefer the latest rumour r.e. Mo Faal - that he turned down Bolton in order to remain at a bigger club and fight for his place.

CC he must have seen a copy of Bolton's   bank statements and, as I said earlier,  he must have thought the grass is not always greener elsewhere. At least for the time being. I suppose it's better the devil you know. I don't begrudge him trying to do better but still feel sorry for the other youngsters still on the side line who are waiting for their chance.

Final Score

Cray Wanderers  3 -  5  Enfield Town

Phew! An eight-goal thriller. Wasn't expecting that score-line. Three very good away points against a very useful side who were promoted last season as the Bostik SE Division Champions. A tricky game, but Town were on top of it, and remain unbeaten away from home in the league this season. Unless I am mistaken, think this will move us up the Table to third (?). Well done to Andy and our team, and all the Town faithful who made it over to Bromley for this excellent showing. Let's hear your thoughts on the game.

Thanks LH for keeping us at home in the picture. Must have been a little hairy in the final 10 minutes. Pity we let 3 in but so long as we score more than the opposition, I will accept that.

Mo is certainly our talisman. I am sure there are plenty of Clubs, both EFL and National league ones watching him. Also good to see Charles back on the score sheet. Looking forward to seeing more detailed reports.

A little nearer home I see Ward-Cochrane put 3 past Bognor away from home. It's a pity we did not not persevere a little longer with him.

Good game of football to celebrate Non League Day though, in the inimitable phrase of Alan Hansen, some of the defending was 'woeful'. Andy was certainly tearing his hair out in that second half.

Cray seemed like a nice club and were good going forward - we just edged it on the day in what was a strange match on a very wet artificial surface.

How important Mo is to this side was there for all to see - welcomed back in a starting three with Ken Charles and new signing, Bobson Bawling, Mo broke free of the offside trap within minutes of the start of the match and for the first 10 minutes we looked like we could add more. Cray, to their credit, then got on top and pulled a goal back, whilst threatening more. When Mo scored another brilliant goal just before half time we were very much on the back foot.

All changed at the start of the 2nd half as Town raced to a 5-1 lead (one of Ken's goals being the pick of the bunch after good work from Bobson, I think) - and with 20 minutes still to go, a cricket score looked on the cards as everything our forwards touched turned to gold. But Cray turned it around again, pulling back to 5-3, and it really could have been 5 all by the end. Think we just about deserved the win.

We were on fire up front and Sam Youngs and Ryan Blackman worked their socks off in midfield. How we add Alex Read (who came on for the last 15 mins or so), Billy Bricknell and Roman Campbell to the mix is anybody's guess - I imagine we'll see a much changed side for the Northwood game on Tuesday. 

ETFC fans were amazing again - in the rain, congregating on all three sides of the ground that were open - an impressive stand behind one goal at what is Bromley's ground remained firmly closed. Surprised at the 600+ crowd announced though - I'd have thought 3 or 4 hundred looked closer to the mark! 

Well done to Andy and his management team who I must admit seem to be proving a few of us wrong this season - long may it continue. 3 points off the top with a game in hand! Suspect we may need an FA Trophy run too though to pay for those forwards....

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:39, littlehampton said:

Attendance at Cray this afternoon 621.
Score still 1-1

621? Really? Sounds like an accountant's attendance to me!

Great day out, Faal on fire (how long can we keep him I wonder?), great performance, great support as usual, good ground which (note to board) sold decent pies!!!

Archived