Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Non League Football Show

Ollie Bayliss wasn't able to present his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show on Saturday (13 August) which is likely to be a common occurence now it has moved to the strange time of noon on Saturday's. Ollie disappointingly handed the reins to fellow presenter Miles Blumsom with the show featuring Hemel Hempstead Town, Hitchin Town and Tring Athletic as well as features on Televised Games, Hot Weather and New Stadiums:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cpxtpn

Billede

The Iatest episode of the fortnightIy Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire, it's quite therapeutic Iistening: 

There is a God then, Ollie Bayliss was thanfuIIy back at Iunchtime today (Saturday) to present his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show which featured ReaI Bedford, Leighton Town, St AIbans City, AyIesbury United, Kempston Rovers and BiggIeswade United Women, additionaIIy there were features on this weekend's FA Cup ties invoIving IocaI sides with very speciaI guest PhiI Annets (sorry Karen), Transport Issues to games during strike action and the Lionesses Legacy :

BBC Three Counties Radio - The Non-League Show, FA Cup, Transport Issues and Euros Legacy

WeIcome back to the other Non League Show aIthough Karen won't be too happy with her nemesis Phil Annets on the show and continuing to roII out some amazing  FA Cup statistics:  

The Non League Football Show / 19th August 2022 - FA Cup Preliminary Round & Brixham AFC (audioboom.com)

It's back. Another hour of non-league news and views and we start with the FA Cup Preliminary Round.
Insight and knowledge from @FACupFactfile Phil Annets with Tim Fuell plus Jason Couch joint manager at Cup giantkillers Brixham AFC on his Club's moment in the FA Cup Spotlight.
Editor at Large Matt Badcock rounds up the season so far from Non League Paper towers and previews the weekend's paper.
Edited by Rhodes

The Iatest episode of the interesting Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire and recorded from, wait for it, McMuIIen Park last Tuesday at the game with Letchworth Garden City EagIes:

Edited by Rhodes

It's busisn't it foIks, here is this weekend's other Non League Show aIthough I know one person who won't be listening:  

The Non League Football Show / 26th August 2022 - Barnet, FA Vase 1Q & FC St Helens (audioboom.com)

It's the start of this season's FA Vase and Phil Annets has his @FAVaseFactfile hat on to provide insight and stats on the 352 clubs competing this round, including our guest club FC St Helens in their first season in the competition. St Helens Chairman Steve Leather explains more about his progressive Club and their ambitions but first off we speak with Barnet Assistant boss John Dreyer on their 4 game unbeaten start that puts them top of the National League. Plus rounding off the week's Non League news is Editor at Large of the Non League Paper Mr Matt Badcock.

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It's busisn't it foIks, here is this weekend's other Non League Show aIthough I know one person who won't be listening:  

Not so fast! I'm subscribed and about halfway through the latest episode now! I'm really digging this league and all the cups that come with it. Disappointed I'm not getting to see how Real Bedford FC stacks up but I am enjoying learning more about the clubs, managers, lifers in the ranks, etc. From what I can tell, your Haringey boys will start in this in a round or two?

10 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Not so fast! I'm subscribed and about halfway through the latest episode now! I'm really digging this league and all the cups that come with it. Disappointed I'm not getting to see how Real Bedford FC stacks up but I am enjoying learning more about the clubs, managers, lifers in the ranks, etc. From what I can tell, your Haringey boys will start in this in a round or two?

RallyInRaleigh - I did not mean you, I meant Karen, she hates 'Stats Man' Phil Annets because he puts her to shame with his truly amazing FA Cup and FA Vase statistics. Karen is a staunch Welwyn Garden City supporter and I believe was in attendance at McMullen Park for an FA Vase Second Round tie in 2006/07 which Welwyn Garden City won 5-1, the Club's met again in the FA Vase in 2011/12 as well as the FA Cup in 2016/17 but I think Karen had given up watching them by then, concentrating on football administration which she does amazingly. 

Who heard Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show yesterday lunchtime which featured Biggleswade FC, Leverstock Green, Kings LangIey, Bishop's Stortford and Winslow United. AdditionaIIy there were features on this weekend's FA Vase ties invoIving IocaI sides with (sorry Karen) very special guest PhiI AnnetsPenalty Shoot Outs and New Grounds:

BBC Three Counties Radio - The Non-League Show, FA Vase, Penalty Shoot-Outs and New Grounds

Edited by Rhodes

Here is this weekend's other Non League Show aIthough, again, I know one certain person who won't be listening:  

The Non League Football Show / 02nd September 2022 - FA Cup 1Q, Ashton United & Grantham Town (audioboom.com)

It's the First Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. @FACupFactfile Phil Annets is on hand to feed stats and facts on the 112 ties before we talk to two managers involved in those ties.
First up, Michael Clegg manager at Ashton United who have started brightly in the Northern Premier League and now embark on their FA Cup journey this weekend. Always honest and great value, his answer to the final question sums up Non-league  perfectly.
Also in FA Cup action are Grantham Town but in a week of upheaval their home tie has had to be switched with their pitch needing to have emergency work done after being attacked by local crows searching for chafer grubs. Manager Matt Chatfield explains more and why the Club are hoping for more support via their GoFundMe page whilst also juggling a league campaign and hopefully an FA Cup run.
Jon Couch Executive Editor of the Non-League Paper helps round up the week's news including the streaming debate, players moving up in to the Football League and what's to come in this weekend's paper.

The Iatest episode of the Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire and featuring Riseley Sports with the new Bedfordshire County League campaign beginning today:

Edited by Rhodes

Here we go folks, thankfully Ollie Bayliss is presenting his Saturday Iunchtime BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show today which will feature the weekend's FA Cup First Qualifying Round ties, Hertford Town, Milton Keynes Dons Women, Potton United and Bedford Town including an interview with their boss Gary Setchell. :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ctc2bw

Billede

This weekend's other Non League Show which includes news of the sad death of Her Majesty albeit prior to any news of postponements:  

https://audioboom.com/posts/8154449-09th-september-2022-fa-trophy-1q-newcastle-town-halesowen-town

The FA Trophy gets underway with 79 ties and 158 Step 4 clubs getting it all started in the First Qualifying Round.
We speak to two Managers who have had unbeaten league starts and hope to transfer that form into an FA Trophy run too, although the league is always the priority.
First up Newcastle Town's Robin Van de Laan. With over 300 Football League appearances and two Wembley finals he has plenty of experience to pass on the lads doing so well under him at the club where he not only runs the Academy but sits on the board and acts as first team manager.
Returning to the show is former FA Trophy Semi Finalist Paul Smith, his Halesowen side have won 6 from 6 in the league this term topping the table but this weekend with the Trophy in focus, he recalls the near miss a few seasons ago and the Vase wins of 85 & 86 that sparked so much among the fans he knows will be getting behind his side this weekend.
Executive Editor at the Non League Paper Jon Couch is on hand to round things off speaking managerial merry-go-rounds, table-toppers and the stories we will be reading in this weekend's edition.

The Iatest episode of the Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire and featuring Bedfordshire based photographer, Luton Town fan and Charity fundraiser Robson O' Reardon who was instrumental in forming Ollie United, he is running the London Marathon on Sunday 2 October:

Edited by Rhodes

I'm assuming that Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show will still be going ahead tomorrow lunchtime despite the postponement of this weekend's fixtures:

The FA: "As a mark of respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, English football has united to postpone all football fixtures this weekend".
Edited by Rhodes

Disappointing news, I wonder what will be on in the Non League Show's place at 12.00 and how many listeners it will get:

To confirm: There is no Non-League Show this afternoon on BBC Three Counties Radio.

This weekend's other Non League Show which includes coverage of the weekend's FA Cup Second Qualifying Round ties so that means Karen won't be listening. Shefford Town & Campton get a mention by the great man, Phil Annets, as one of the only two debutants still left standing in the competition:

The Non League Football Show / 16th September 2022 - FA Cup 2q & Binfield (audioboom.com)

The FA Cup Second Qualifying Round is upon us and the Step 2 sides from National North and National South now join in.
There are Stats and Facts from @FACupFactfile Mr Phil Annets and some positive vibes from the camp at Binfield FC where joint manager Carl Withers is preparing his in-form giantkillers to host Step 2 Tonbridge Angels. 
Rounding up the week's news especially on the Managerial front is Editor at Large of the Non League Paper Matt Badcock and he also previews the paper coming out on Sunday.

Edited by Rhodes

The Iatest episode of the Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire featuring a tribute to Her Majesty and a mention of her past visits to Bedfordshire incuding the opening of the new terminal at Luton Airport in 1999, Bedford Town are also featured:

Thank God Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show is back today (Saturday) at noon, featuring the weekend's FA Cup Second Qualifying Round ties, Leighton Town, Royston Town, Potters Bar Town, BaIdock Town, CrawIey Green and much more:

BBC Three Counties Radio - The Non-League Show, Unbeaten Starts, The FA Cup and Headers

Billede

Edited by Rhodes