Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Wingate & Finchley

seemgee

Well we are still hanging in there. I am surprised that there haven't been any comments yet.

I know that I probably sound like an old gramophone record but if only we could string some passes together we would not have to wait until the 90th minute to salvage a point. Even the " Online Official Twitter" commented on this today. This can be learnt on the training ground by repetition so as it becomes becomes instilled in your play.

The next few weeks could be the most important of our season. It would be a good to start the new year in the top two. This is not impossible so long as we can make good use of our games in hand. 

You could say that other results went our way today - or perhaps we missed an opportunity?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this Town side will score goals, but it will also concede. We are a commanding centre half (to play alongside Weatherstone) and perhaps a little more strength in midfield away from really challenging for promotion. No-one wants to face Bricknell and Faal at the moment.

Any news on when/if Potton and Taaffe will be back in contention?

We didn't play well. Even the players accept that. But what's different this season is that we keep going. Once we got our first I knew we'd get an equaliser (though I didn't think it would take until the 6th minute of added time!). This team won't come first, but we will be promoted via the play-offs.)

Well what I saw today was our team not giving up trying there hardest right to the end,ok it was not the best display of passing football they have produced this season but that had a lot to do with Wingate,they pressed hard gave us no time on the ball,they will be gutted to have drawn after going 2 up.

How many times last season did we lose and draw games we should have won.This season it's different we are hanging in there and getting a result.

Full credit to out guys pulling this one back whilst not playing at there best.

COYT

6 hours ago, 72wemblyfinal said:

Well what I saw today was our team not giving up trying there hardest right to the end,ok it was not the best display of passing football they have produced this season but that had a lot to do with Wingate,they pressed hard gave us no time on the ball,they will be gutted to have drawn after going 2 up.

How many times last season did we lose and draw games we should have won.This season it's different we are hanging in there and getting a result.

Full credit to out guys pulling this one back whilst not playing at there best.

COYT

Good to hear we battled to the final whistle to salvage a point, which could prove crucial come the end of the season. North London derby matches are never easy, particularly when one side is fighting to get away from the relegation zone. Also worth bearing in mind that that is our 4th match in 11 days, and we have chalked up 2 wins and 2 draws, including that seven goal thriller against Maldon & Tiptree. After this weekends results, we are 5th in the IPL table, 5 points behind pace-setters Horsham with two games in hand. A nice position to be in, and we are also through to the First Round Proper of the FA Trophy for the first time, so we are not doing badly are we folk?

I wasn't there on Saturday, but will be at Bognor on Tuesday evening, to see another battling never-say-die performance from our guys and, hopefully, some more away points.

COYT

Very disappointing, disjointed performance, but we got a result so not all bad - a number of players who have been excellent every time I've seen them this season had off days, and I'm sure they'll hold their hands up and admit the same. This was definitely an opportunity lost, and looked more like two teams fighting for survival, rather than two teams at opposite ends of the table. Credit to Wingate, who did cause us problems and worked hard but you'd like to think that we need to be picking up 3 points in games like these if we really are going to be in contention. Still not convinced the balance of the side is quite right, but that might improve when we get one or two players back from injury and have more options available.

Anyway, onwards and upwards - all about the next game and how we put things right.

Archived