Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 5 Borough 3

Richard Katemon

Cracking game of football today at the QEII Stadium between two teams both at their best when going forward. We have certainly been treated to some great games at the QEII this season and this was one of them.
And well done to supporters who worked on the pitch this week to ensure the game was never a doubt. 

It was certainly entertaining - but only because both sides decided to dispense with defences as a seasonal gesture of goodwill. 

I'd suggest that Haringey actually had more chances, but came up against a Town side which made the most of their opportunities. Of the 6 Town shots on target, 5 went in. It made for an entertaining afternoon, but it wasn't until the 90th minute that I felt Town might actually bag the points. Just imagine if the defence wasn't so porous and the midfield actually provided some protection...!

Agreed both defences looked very porous but this made for a highly entertaining game in pretty awful weather conditions. Credit to both sets of supporters who gave great support throughout the game. Once again it looks like the attendance took a hit from Spurs being at home. 

Highly enjoyable game between two evenly matched teams. The match report on the website is spot on, congrats to the reporter.

Blackman and Youngs both had excellent games in midfield, both tackling and passing well. We were shaky in defence but it seems to me that most teams in this league are stronger going forward than defending.

Mohammadu Faal bagged another two well taken goals but I was more impressed by Bricknell who worked his socks off, particularly in the second half. He fully deserved his goal and I think Faal's all round game has improved as a direct result of playing with, and learning from, Bricknell.

A closing word about the manager, who, in my opinion, gets far too much stick on this forum. To his credit, whenever the squad has needed reinforcing due to injuries, suspensions or poor form, he has brought somebody in. The new player looked useful, despite being absolutely flattened in the first half, and I won't be surprised if another centre-back comes in at some point, as we do lack cover there.

I'm looking forward to Potters Bar on New Year's Day - if we can get a win there, it will have been a good festive period!

Happy New Year to all!

21 hours ago, Richard Katemon said:

Cracking game of football today at the QEII Stadium between two teams both at their best when going forward. We have certainly been treated to some great games at the QEII this season and this was one of them.
And well done to supporters who worked on the pitch this week to ensure the game was never a doubt. 

Thanks for an excellent, very positive posting on yesterday's match Richard. I followed our progress from a 100-miles away, and it certainly sounded like an eight-goal Boxing Day thriller. Perhaps a bit too close for comfort at times, until we added our 4th and 5th goals, to clinch the win and three very useful points. Due credit to Andy and the boys for a great result!

Yes, and very well done to  everyone at the Club who helped ensure the match went ahead yesterday, after the dreadful weather over the past couple of weeks. Top draw supporters!

Hi,

New forum member here.

I lack the match analysis skills of some and tend to just go with the gut feeling of 'Did I enjoy it? Was it watchable? Was it worth the money? etc".

The answer is an emphatic yes. Of course it helps to see a win but :

Loadsa goals - and what good goals. A variety of scorers. Both defences were still finishing off their Xmas puds.
A game of 2 halves I thought. Felt we were threading the passes better in the build up after halftime. First half was just punt and hope.
A chance to see live football for an easily affordable price - Xmas jumpers for goalposts.
There's no VAR. The officials' mistakes are their own and long may they make them.

Really looking forward to Potters Bar on New Year' Day. W8 and 313 buses and a short walk - bish, bash, bosh, away win, job done. Hello new decade.

Archived