Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution - 2020/2021

17 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

How did I mislead you, I never said which club. Park View was never mentioned by me. I knew it was Broxbourne but I was unable to contact the club to see if I could release this info

Come on Karen, we all know it was you, it definitely wasn’t me, so no need to scroll up and check!

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

How did I mislead you, I never said which club. Park View was never mentioned by me. I knew it was Broxbourne but I was unable to contact the club to see if I could release this info

Like I said you threw us a bait and let us fight over it, you gave the impression it was Park View as who else could it have been with their track record of pulling out of Leagues after only a short time, as it turned out it happened to be FC Broxbourne Borough

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Like I said you threw us a bait and let us fight over it, you gave the impression it was Park View as who else could it have been with their track record of pulling out of Leagues after only a short time, as it turned out it happened to be FC Broxbourne Borough

Had you done some basic detective work you would know that Park View have already completed their affiliation for next season unlike FC Broxbourne Borough.

You were thrown some bait, went fishing and caught a tin can.

It would appear that "the uncertainty surrounding COVID 19 and other factors" was the reason for FC Broxbourne Borough's disappointing decision not to enter a team in the SSML next season:

FC Broxbourne Borough won’t be entering a team into the Spartan Division 1 next season.
The Step 6 side says that the “uncertainty surrounding COVID 19 and other factors” have led to the decision.
The Hertfordshire side were 9th in the Spartan Div 1 when results were expunged.

• 2 weeks later...

An extract from the Minutes of last Saturday's SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM):

New Constitution

The Chairman said he thought the constitution would remain largely the same, but there was a possibility of the odd lateral movement.

Just for interest here is the Northern Counties East League Constitution for their Premier Division (Step 5) and Division One (Step 6) which remains unchanged from last season, I gather the FA just nod through each Constitution put in front of them by the respective League however I'm not entirely sure what the above statement made at the SSML AGM last week is supposed to mean whereby 'but there was a possibility of the odd lateral movement':

BilledeBillede

Edited by Rhodes

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

however I'm not entirely sure what the above statement made at the SSML AGM last week is supposed to mean whereby 'but there was a possibility of the odd lateral movement':

Quite simple really one SSML club has stated a ground share with a club outside the SSML borders

Karen - Thanks for that, I'm assuming it refers to Brimsdown groundsharing at Ilford's Cricklefield Stadium but that doesn't mean Brimsdown will be leaving the SSML does it, I'm just wondering why it was mentioned at all considering very little else, if anything, was covered at the AGM last week and it only took 46 minutes to complete, nobody is any the wiser about anything really.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 17:11, Rhodes said:

An extract from the Minutes of last Saturday's SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM):

New Constitution

The Chairman said he thought the constitution would remain largely the same, but there was a possibility of the odd lateral movement.

Watch this space later today (Tuesday) as I gather the FA Leagues Committee are meeting, they will be making the all important decisions on League allocations for non league below Step 2, promotion isn’t allowed but sideways movement and voluntary relegation will be considered.

Not good news by the sounds of it, the North West Counties Football League, at Steps 5 and 6 level, have reported that starting the season on 1 September, or shortly afterwards, is most unlikely due to the requirement to implement numerous new guidelines and the lack of resources to do so,  the League believe it is unrealistic for all Leagues to start together as Steps 1-4  have far more resources than those below:

Billede

In addition to FC Broxbourne Borough, Brimsdown have now left the SSML for the Eastern Counties League Division One and will be groundsharing with Tilbury FC:

Billede

I have it on good authority that Non League allocations for Steps 3-7 will be approved and published shortly so watch this space for details, the regulations state that no promotions can take place however vacancies can be filled at the discretion of the Leagues Committee and voluntary relegations will also be considered, perhaps Karen can elaborate for us and whether FC Broxbourne Borough and Brimsdown are going to be replaced in Division One:

EdTwqYeXYAAZvgK.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

Allocations for Steps 5 and 6 released

PREMIER DIVISION (21)

Arlesey Town

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

Baldock Town

Biggleswade United

Broadfields United

Colney Heath

Crawley Green

Dunstable Town

Edgware Town

Eynesbury Rovers

Harefield United

Harpenden Town

Leighton Town

Leverstock Green

London Colney

Newport Pagnell Town

North Greenford United

Oxhey Jets

Potton United

Tring Athletic

Wembley

DIVISION ONE (18)

Amersham Town

Ampthill Town

Bedford

Buckingham Athletic

Enfield Borough

Hackney Wick (subject to ground share agreement)

Hillingdon Borough

Langford

London Lions

London Tigers

Milton Keynes Irish FC

New Salamis

Park View

Rayners Lane

Shefford Town & Campton

Stotfold

St Panteleimon

Winslow United

53 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Allocations for Steps 5 and 6 released

Hackney Wick (subject to ground share agreement)

Doesn’t a groundshare have to have been in effect for 12 months? What’s the situation here? Waiting on confirmation of extending an existing groundshare or a new one (I thought that wasn’t permitted??) 

Some interesting discussion over on another Forum about the various Constitutions receiving the FA's nod of approval this afternoon with the SSML receiving a mention, also see the link to the FA's formal confirmation of Club allocations across Steps 3-6 of the National League System (NLS) for the 2020/21 season:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fa-steps-5-6-meeting-plans-for-20-21-revealed.1704/page-10

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jul/21/national-league-system-club-allocations-steps-3-6-for-2020-21-season-210720

All the Step 5 allocations at a glance:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

All the Step 6 allocations at a glance:

Billede

Karen - Yes, Milton Keynes Robins, I hadn't spotted that but not surprised you did with your acute eye for detail. I expect you will be springing into action shortly won't you compiling the fixtures for the new season. 

12 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Doesn’t a groundshare have to have been in effect for 12 months? What’s the situation here? Waiting on confirmation of extending an existing groundshare or a new one (I thought that wasn’t permitted??) 

Club allocated based on approval for Ground Share pending at FA