Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yes? Or No?

Yes? Or No?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Steps 5 & 6 start on the 5th of September?

• Yes
    • No

What do you reckon?

?

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

I have always said October at the earliest 

They can't and won't start without supporters right?

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

I have always said October at the earliest 

So why are you locked away in a darkened room then doing the fixtures and aiming for a Saturday 5 September start if that's what you think, you are normally a very good judge and rarely wrong, if at all. If you are right then will the four domestic cup competitions still go ahead, the three divisional cups don't start until early to mid October anyway do they. 

1 minute ago, Rhodes said:

So why are you locked away in a darkened room then doing the fixtures 

You are so easy to nibble at the bait

This Southern Counties East Football League are also aiming at a Saturday 5 September start however, like the SSML, will only begin if supporters are allowed into games, if the FA are still dragging their feet regarding attendance by 22 August then the League will delay the season by one week and so on each week, I assume the SSML will do likewise. It can't be much fun being a fixture Secretary at the present time can it:

Billede

On 31/07/2020 at 20:28, Karen Browne said:

No fans, no competitive football

Yep I agree with that.

Just 5 weeks to KO?

I've heard tonight from Edgware Town owner Dan Manzi that the SSMFL had a meeting yesterday and it was agreed that they delay the season until October at the earliest. 

The FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round will take place behind closed doors. 

My take on it is that Non League won't start unless fans are back but that could be a long way off yet. 

Might be better to cancel the season indefinitely than have another null and void campaign. 

The season start date was discussed and the Chairman Pat Burns said he could not see a September start and he felt more like October at the earliest.

The date will be decided by the FA and not the SSML

9 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

The season start date was discussed and the Chairman Pat Burns said he could not see a September start and he felt more like October at the earliest.

The date will be decided by the FA and not the SSML

The FA are making it up as they go along, thier latter to clubs stating that now Step 7 Pre season friendlies must be played behind closed having allowed them last weekend causing some clubs to get over 100 is proof they're clueless. 

TBH I believe we'll have either another null and void season if it gets underway or we'll be in the midst of a full second wave by then October that it won't get started

Yes, the FA aren't doing themselves any favours are they, it's a desperately sad state of affairs:

The Football Association has sent out a stern reminder to Non-League clubs to keep fans away from their friendlies until coronavirus guidelines allow.

The FA wrote to competitions from Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System on Tuesday to remind them of their responsibilities after receiving reports that fans had been spotted at matches meant to be held behind closed doors.

The clarification that all pre-season games at Step 1 to 6 must be played behind closes doors to stay within the Government’s guidelines also saw the ruling extended to include Step 7 as clubs started to get their preparations underway.

The governing body also confirmed they’d resubmitted proposals to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport for spectators to be allowed at National League System fixtures as soon as it is feasible.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31277/non-league-on-naughty-step-after-fa-remind-clubs-to-keep-fans-away/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

33 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

The season start date was discussed and the Chairman Pat Burns said he could not see a September start and he felt more like October at the earliest. The date will be decided by the FA and not the SSML

Karen - So was that the view of all the 'blazers' then out of interest, if that is the case presumably all the County Cup competitions will be cancelled in addition to our four domestic cups and you will just pack in all the league fixtures until mid May, hopefully some of our Club's can do well in the FA Cup and FA Vase.

No one else gave an opinion.

To date Berks & Bucks have cancelled all County Cups, Middlesex have cancelled senior cups and as yet nothing from Beds FA or Herts FA

You can sit inside Pubs, Cafes and Restaurant's but you can't watch a non league footy match outside ?

10 hours ago, GRS67 said:

TBH I believe we'll have either another null and void season if it gets underway or we'll be in the midst of a full second wave by then October that it won't get started

Yep that could well happen if we have a second wave.

They are again locking down areas not because of a increase in deaths but a increase in infections.

We have the normal flu season every year which also kills and infects a hell of a lot of people.

What will be will be I guess.

17 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

No one else gave an opinion.

To date Berks & Bucks have cancelled all County Cups, Middlesex have cancelled senior cups and as yet nothing from Beds FA or Herts FA

I've today heard that County Cup finals and League Cup finals carried over from last season can be played in August.

My understanding was that only friendlies could be played in August.

It is make it up as you go along.

Archived