Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Youth Cup - 2020/21

Nice coverage from Sports Shots, hopefully one of their excellent photographers will be at Elmfields Gate this evening. Also can you imagine if the youngsters emulate Broxbourne Borough and reach the Fifth Round of the competition if they are already being featured on the BBC:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/11/03/fa-youth-cup-1r-winslow-united-host-historic-charlton-athletic-tie/

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Lets get ready to rumble. The Winslow United youngsters seem so down to earth, mature and level headed don't they, not molly coddled or spoon fed at all as no doubt the Charlton Athletic lads are:

Disappointing half time score from Elmfields Gate:

Billede

3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Disappointing half time score from Elmfields Gate:

Billede

I’d say that’s pretty good. Can’t help but feel the second half will be tougher, as I said before anything 6 and under would be more than respectable. 

An action shot, currently 4-0 to Charlton Athletic nearing the end

Billede

1 minute ago, Rhodes said:

An action shot, currently 4-0 to Charlton Athletic nearing the end

Billede

5-0. Absolutely no disgrace in that. See teams at our level beating each other by more on a regular basis. 

8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

5-0. Absolutely no disgrace in that. See teams at our level beating each other by more on a regular basis. 

Winslow Boy - Yes, I guess you're right, it was a great run anyway especially the wins over Baldock Town and Hitchin Town:

Billede

Charlton Athletic's match report and photographs, they now go on to meet 'local rivals' Gillingham at the Priestfield Stadium:  

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fa31bb789486/fa-youth-cup-report-winslow-united-0-charlton-5

On 05/11/2020 at 10:29, Daily Dose said:

A valiant effort! ????

Daily Dose, no pun intended I take it. Incidentally, I see that at present FA Youth Cup ties involving non-elite Club's cannot be played during lockdown so it's just as well Winslow United brought the Charlton Athletic tie forward to Wednesday otherwise they would have been left in limbo until after 2 December although I suppose they would have still been in the competition:

Billede

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Daily Dose, no pun intended I take it. Incidentally, I see that at present FA Youth Cup ties involving non-elite Club's cannot be played during lockdown so it's just as well Winslow United brought the Charlton Athletic tie forward to Wednesday otherwise they would have been left in limbo until after 2 December although I suppose they would have still been in the competition:

Billede

Tie was brought forward at Chartons request for this reason. Made perfect sense. 

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Tie was brought forward at Chartons request for this reason

Really, did Charlton say why they wanted to bring the tie forward to Wednesday

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Really, did Charlton say why they wanted to bring the tie forward to Wednesday

They asked either Tuesday or Wednesday. I would imagine it was due to the impending lockdown. Their team featured two lads who have played for the first team. 

On 13/10/2020 at 04:02, Rhodes said:

Newport Pagnell Town have been expelled from the competition and Hitchin Town re-instated due to player irregularities

See Newport Pagnell Town's charge sheet from the FA:

PARTICIPATING IN FIXTURES WHILST UNDER AN AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION 
Newport Pagnell Town FC, Spartan South Midlands Football League – Premier Division 

Newport Pagnell Town FC U18s v Hitchin Town 
U18s FA Youth Cup 
24 September 2020
Breach of FA Rule E12 - It is alleged that the Club failed to ensure that a Player associated with the Club complied with an automatic suspension.
Charge admitted – Paper Hearing requested. 

PARTICIPATING IN FIXTURES WHILST UNDER AN AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION 
Leo Hubbard, Player, Newport Pagnell Town FC
Newport Pagnell Town FC U18s v Hitchin Town 
U18s FA Youth Cup 
24 September 2020
Breach of FA Rule E10 - It is alleged that the Participant failed to comply with an automatic suspension by participating in the above fixture whilst suspended.
Charge admitted – Paper Hearing requested. 
https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/02/fa-charges---october-2020-021120

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Charlton Athletic went on to beat Gillingham in the Second Round of the Competition but only 9-8 on penalties following a 1-1 draw after extra time, the game was played at Chatham Town's Bauvill Stadium so even if Winslow United had got through they wouldn't have trod the hallowed Priestfield Stadium turf. There's nothing worse is there than a small Club getting through and drawing the likes of Arsenal or Tottenham away only to find that they are playing at Boreham Wood or Stevenage. Charlton will now entertain Sheffield United in the Third Round:

FA YOUTH CUP REPORT | Gillingham 1 Charlton 1 (AET Charlton win 9-8 on pens) | CAFC

CLUBS PLAYING HOME MATCHES AT ALTERNATIVE GROUNDS UP TO AND INCLUDING THE FIFTH ROUND PROPER
Arsenal - Boreham Wood
Burnley - Leyland, Lancashire F.A.
Cambridge City - Huntingdon Town
Charlton Athletic - Dartford
Leicester City - Holmes Park, Leicestershire & Rutland F.A.
Manchester United - Leigh Sports Village
Middlesbrough - Bishop Auckland
Northampton Town - Wellingborough Town
Oxford United - Thame United
Preston North End - Bamber Bridge
Shrewsbury Town - A.F.C. Telford United
Sunderland - Eppleton C.W.
Tottenham Hotspur - Stevenage
Watford - St. Albans City
West Ham United - Rush Green Training Ground

On 28/10/2020 at 22:37, Rhodes said:

I wonder whether Winslow United can emulate FC Broxbourne Borough from the 2016/17 campaign:

Wednesday 7 December 16
3rd Round
F.C. Broxbourne Borough 1 (Jack Hockney 118), Chester 0 (aet)
Attendance 454
F.C. Broxbourne Borough - Brandon Walsh, James Kelley(c), Christian Anuyagu, Issa Farouk (Yacine Reynolds 75), Joe Patrick, Lewis Dickenson, Frank Chandler (Jay Batchelor 65), George Quarrington-Carter, Garvey Tulloch-Jordan, Richard Oluwatoyin (Jack Hockney 80), Ali Bangura, Unused - Hardeep Singh (GK), Jack Price

I don't actually recall the crowd disturbances at Goffs Lane for the above tie, it sounded quite unsavoury:

Broxbourne Borough join Chester FC in condemning scenes which marred FA Youth Cup tie - Cheshire Live (cheshire-live.co.uk)