Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

I think we should have a thread on Edgware in their own right rather than a shared one with Wembley. It remains to be seen whether Edgware Town will be leaving the SSML at the end of the forthcoming season however hopefully not as they have been a valued member of the League since their return from obscurity in 2014/15, their roller coaster season in the SSML Premier Division in 2006/07 where they swept the board and also from 1987/88 to 1989/90 when they were brief members of the old Spartan League prior to joining the Isthmian League:

Edited by Rhodes

Congratulations to Edgware Town on their nail biting win on penalties at Hellenic League Premier Division Ardley United last night (Tuesday 1 September) in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Road, here are some photographs from the proceedings in Oxfordshire. Good luck to them in the Preliminary Round at another Hellenic League Premier Division Club, Fairford Town:

Ardley Utd v Edgware Town

Thankfully not the Groundhopping FC guy but another groundhopper, Craig Newton, was at the Ardley United v Edgware Town FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie last night which Edgware Town won 6-5 on penalties following a 0-0 stalemate after ninety minutes:

Good to see you created a thread for Edgware ?

The club will be rolling out the free ST offer that came in midway through last season and had a good take up. 

There's a few extra incentives especially to anyone who is a ST holder for any PL /EFL or National League Club. 

FREE Season Tickets for local residents in the NW9 postcode 

Local residents in the NW9 postcode can watch live football and enjoy supporting thier local community club 

2 FOR 1 Concessions for FAMILY MEMBERS

Half price entry to Season Ticket holders of ANY club in the Premier League /EFL /National League https://t.co/c8Jug3UuWa

Edited by GRS67

EDGWARE TOWN FC FREE SEASON TICKETS!!! Local residents in the NW9 postcode can watch live football and enjoy supporting thier local community club 2 FOR 1 Concessions for FAMILY MEMBERS Half price entry to Season Ticket holders of ANY club in the Premier League /EFL /National League Please contact secretary@edgwaretownfc.co.uk

A guided tour around the impressive new Clubhouse at Silver Jubilee Park, enjoy:

Thanks for posting that Rhodes, how fantastic does the new clubhouse look, I've yet to experience it in person but it looks fantastic, not only do Edgware have the best ground in the SSMFL we've now got the best clubhouse, I'm sure it'll be the envy of every visiting club. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's an excellent article on Edgware Town's 46 year old Scott McGleish in today's Non League Paper who has been brought in by boss Fergus Moore, he netted last week in the FA Cup at Fairford Town:

119963324_3563533980380491_7611205046828277727_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=T9h5KoXeGkcAX9Ib5MB&_nc_ht=scontent.faal1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=0fb61b36e5cbfac00c3858884420a9f6&oe=5F8C8985

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There's an excellent article on Edgware Town's 46 year old Scott McGleish in today's Non League Paper who has been brought in by boss Fergus Moore, he netted last week in the FA Cup at Fairford Town:

119963324_3563533980380491_7611205046828277727_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=T9h5KoXeGkcAX9Ib5MB&_nc_ht=scontent.faal1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=0fb61b36e5cbfac00c3858884420a9f6&oe=5F8C8985

Glad they put it in such a prominent position after I emailed them last week and asked if they were interested in doing a story on Scott. 

Great coverage for the club and I never knew Scott was a PFA rep. 

Edgware Town FC do have few non league footy legends playing for them this season.

#Theystillgoit

• 2 weeks later...

This is really interesting from when The Cold End interviewed Fergus Moore back in June 2018, he really asks some probing questions but I wouldn't expect anything less from Barry:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2018/06/talking-to-fergus-moore-cold-end-meets.html

GRS67 - Not Edgware Town but I know you were at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday for the Hendon v Maidstone United FA Cup tie, what was it like, has football at Non League level really come to how the groundhopper on another Forum describes. Why didn't the six Maidstone United fans simply hide their support so they could get into the ground rather than sadly be denied entry:

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
Hendon 0-1 Maidstone United
Att: 310

Another one with John on duty at this one, with the car park being my domain. Nice to meet West Berks Palace of this parish. An interesting day for Hendon FC and the landlords of Silver Jubilee Park, which I went as well as could be as expected.

A few extra stewards were brought in, just in case of any issues. There were probably a small number of neutrals from Kent inside but if so they behaved sensibly. Six youths decided to imbibe and not really hide any support of the Stones and were denied admission.

They chose to stand on the small hill outside the ground and sing their way through. At half time Dons director David Bedford took them a drink each outside. At full time Maidstone boss Hakan Hayrettin sent his town over the fence to thank them. Not brilliant on a SD front but a warm understandable gesture.

On the pitch it was a real arm wrestle. I thought we were destined for penalties until the one clear cut chance of the tie was put away 13 minutes from time.

Pride was my overall reaction when eventually settling to some excellent Autumn Red ale in the bar after the game. In Hendon's performance and that of the way the day went.

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Not Edgware Town but I know you were at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday for the Hendon v Maidstone United FA Cup tie, what was it like, has football at Non League level really come to how the groundhopper on another Forum describes. Why didn't the six Maidstone United fans simply hide their support so they could get into the ground rather than sadly be denied entry:

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
Hendon 0-1 Maidstone United
Att: 310

Another one with John on duty at this one, with the car park being my domain. Nice to meet West Berks Palace of this parish. An interesting day for Hendon FC and the landlords of Silver Jubilee Park, which I went as well as could be as expected.

A few extra stewards were brought in, just in case of any issues. There were probably a small number of neutrals from Kent inside but if so they behaved sensibly. Six youths decided to imbibe and not really hide any support of the Stones and were denied admission.

They chose to stand on the small hill outside the ground and sing their way through. At half time Dons director David Bedford took them a drink each outside. At full time Maidstone boss Hakan Hayrettin sent his town over the fence to thank them. Not brilliant on a SD front but a warm understandable gesture.

On the pitch it was a real arm wrestle. I thought we were destined for penalties until the one clear cut chance of the tie was put away 13 minutes from time.

Pride was my overall reaction when eventually settling to some excellent Autumn Red ale in the bar after the game. In Hendon's performance and that of the way the day went.

FFS! 

Banning away supporters ? 

GRS67 - I assume you are at Harefield United tomorrrow, I see from the London Football Guide that Hendon have another game at Silver Jubilee Park, they have really 'muscled in' haven't they since arriving in 2016 and Edgware Town must find that a bit irritating at times as you were there first two years earlier, it's all about Hendon and you just speak when you're spoken to:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Southern League Premier Division South
Hendon v Hayes & Yeading United @745pm - this derby is by far the best seventh-tier option on Tuesday night. Although H&YU are a fairly new club, when Hayes and Yeading were separate entities they used to play Hendon regularly over many years so you can probably still class them as old rivals (I certainly do in my head). The Greens narrowly lost to Maidstone in the FA Cup on Saturday whilst H&YU thrashed Bognor. In the league, they're neck-and-neck in midtable so it should be close. Tickets are marginally cheaper if bought online in advance
Edited by Rhodes

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I assume you are at Harefield United tomorrrow, I see from the London Football Guide that Hendon have another game at Silver Jubilee Park, they have really 'muscled in' haven't they since arriving in 2016 and Edgware Town must find that a bit irritating at times as you were there first two years earlier, it's all about Hendon and you just speak when you're spoken to:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Southern League Premier Division South
Hendon v Hayes & Yeading United @745pm - this derby is by far the best seventh-tier option on Tuesday night. Although H&YU are a fairly new club, when Hayes and Yeading were separate entities they used to play Hendon regularly over many years so you can probably still class them as old rivals (I certainly do in my head). The Greens narrowly lost to Maidstone in the FA Cup on Saturday whilst H&YU thrashed Bognor. In the league, they're neck-and-neck in midtable so it should be close. Tickets are marginally cheaper if bought online in noadvance

Rhodes, Hendon and Edgware BOTH share SJP EQUALLY, it's SJP the consortium who run the ground and allow us to play and use the facilities. 

It's true that Hendon do have a bigger presence at SJP, with Hendon naming all but one stand, HFC in White on the Green seats, a club shop etc, however thier fans paid towards these stands as Edgware did for the Ken Batten Stand. 

I don't feel that they have muscled in, both Edgware and Hendon were homeless and SJP offered us both a home which can now boost some of the best facilities at Step 5 for Edgware and 3 for Hendon. 

Where I do get a little bit peeved is when Edgware are forced to move fixtures because Hendon have a home game, I can't really recall a time Hendon have been forced to move a fixture,I'm still unclear as to what takes precedence? 

You failed to mention the write up the LFG have given Edgware ahead of our game on Friday night with Tring in the Vase. 

This might just be one occasion when having to move a fixture because Hendon have a league game on Saturday will benefit us. 

There's a lot of interest in our game and we're likely to be one of the only games on locally on Friday which is why I contacted the LFG and am pushing the game on social media. 

From the LFG 

Friday 9 October FA Vase Second Round Qualifying Edgware Town v Tring Athletic @730pm - the next round of the Vase begins on Friday night with three ties. Of those on offer, this would be the one I'd go to as it's relatively local and features two sides from the SSML. Both sides have struggled in the early-season games but with Tring losing all their matches, Edgware should start as favourites. Edgware are also offering a FREE SEASON TICKET to any locals living in the NW9 or HA8 postcodes. Email for more info - matchdaysecretary@edgwaretownfc.co.uk

Edited by GRS67

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Where I do get a little bit peeved is when Edgware are forced to move fixtures because Hendon have a home game, I can't really recall a time Hendon have been forced to move a fixture,I'm still unclear as to what takes precedence? 

Simple Hendon take preference as they are a higher step in the pyramid. The only time a Hendon game has to move is if Edgware have a home game in the FA Cup or FA Vase.

GRS67 - Anyway it's a lovely new kit you have, it's just a shame that you 'Christened' it with that 6-0 home defeat to Harpenden Town. A very nice programme too from that night, the Club seems to have quite a few sponsors which is nice to see particularly in the current climate:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_harpenden-town-dag7pwoeblgg/page/1

Billede