Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

Daily Dose - Yes, you're right, something seems to have transpired at Silver Jubilee Park for Fergus to just walk away in that fashion as he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch. It's also a 'telling' Twitter page messege below as why would he need to hold his high, regroup and go again when he could have stayed where he was particularly just after an excellent FA Vase win at Worthing United where I gather the team played really well:

All good things must come to an end old fella. Hold ya head high. Rest, Regroup and go again

BilledeBilledeBillede

2 hours ago, Daily Dose said:

How quick, Jesus!

im guessing a falling out with the board and they had already put wheels in motion to get a successor in. 
Fergus will be a great manager and role model for many a club!

Yeah they had him already lined up for the Edgware Town hot seat by the looks of it. I wonder for how long? ?

I am shocked to the core by a post on another Forum by, of all people, Agamemnon3 who posts on here, I thought that he knew his onions but apparently not. I have known Rak Hudson since 2003 and the very last think he is is 'a self-important blusterer', I don't believe that Edgware Town got rid of Fergus as Agamemnon3 is suggesting, why would they as he was very popular at Silver Jubilee Park and had just won 3-0 at Worthing United, Fergus walked away for whatever reason leaving the Club in the lurch and Rak just happened to be in the right place at the right time, he lives locally:

Former Kentish Town and AFC Southgate 'boss' Rak Hudson has taken over at Edgware Town.
That a Club should even consider getting rid of a man like Fergus Moore in favour of this self-important blusterer is as shameful as it is preposterous.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/managers-in-out-season-2020-21.2420/page-4

Edited by Rhodes

Sorry Rhodes, but in this instance you are way off the mark.  It's not even clear to me that you know what you are saying.  Regarding Fergus, only four posts ago you wrote that 'he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch', and yet now, less that twelve hours later, you are claiming precisely that.  (In general, when you don't know what you are talking about, I find that it's probably best to say nothing).

Were you at Worthing on Saturday ?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings.  Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum ?  It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

As for Hudson, my abiding memory of him is in April 2018, in the bar at Hadley FC, holding forth about AFC Southgate and promotion.  All the time he was drivelling on of course, he knew full well that the Club was folding at the end of the season, and was desperate that the players didn't find out.  A 'self-important blusterer' ?  I was being polite. 

2 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Were you at Worthing on Saturday?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings. Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum? It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't aware that your were an Edgware Town fan as you hadn't made that clear previously. Are you talking about GRS67, I thought he was at Worthing United on Saturday as he said he was driving there rather than going on the hired coach, isn't he the Club's 'Media Manager'.

R, please, you must stop trying to put people in boxes.  I am not 'an Edgware Town fan'.  I am a retired professional, I live on MIll Hill Broadway, and I watch a number of local Clubs regularly.

Belstone, Hadley, Cuffley, Edgware, St Albans, Boreham Wood, Sandridge Rovers, London Lions, Cockfosters, Wingate & Finchley, Oxhey Jets, Brentham, North Greenford, whatever, as the mood takes me.  I went to Worthing United on Saturday, obviously because Edgware were the visitors, but largely because the last time I was there, in 1982/3, they were called Wigmore Athletic, and I wanted to see what, if anything,  had changed.  I was having a good day, until I heard the half-time news regarding Fergus.  From then on the day turned a little sour, despite the 3-0 win.

GRS67 was not at Worthing.  It was suggested that the weather had deterred him.  He will doubtless make his own excuses as and when he sees fit.  And if he chooses not to, that's fine.  All is well.

7 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Sorry Rhodes, but in this instance you are way off the mark.  It's not even clear to me that you know what you are saying.  Regarding Fergus, only four posts ago you wrote that 'he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch', and yet now, less that twelve hours later, you are claiming precisely that.  (In general, when you don't know what you are talking about, I find that it's probably best to say nothing).

Were you at Worthing on Saturday ?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings.  Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum ?  It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

As for Hudson, my abiding memory of him is in April 2018, in the bar at Hadley FC, holding forth about AFC Southgate and promotion.  All the time he was drivelling on of course, he knew full well that the Club was folding at the end of the season, and was desperate that the players didn't find out.  A 'self-important blusterer' ?  I was being polite. 

Wow a great insite to what went on Saturday.

Fergus THE LEGEND Moore will have know trouble getting another managers job that's if he wants one.

The guy is a born winner and they don't make em like him anymore sadly.

3 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Last Game Before Lockdown! 

GRS67 - Hopefully there will be a decent crowd this evening and I see that you are donating £1 per head to Crawley Green which is a nice touch by the Club. By the way the link to the on-line programme doesn't appear to work, I will try it again later, I assume there will be an explanation inside the programme as to why Fergus sadly departed:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_crawley-green-wdwdm3e3ayra/

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Q&A With new Edgware Town Manager Rak Hudson Pt 2

20201103_124815.jpg

Rak Hudson "We will build a team that is brave, works hard, and passes the ball" 

"We wouldn’t be satisfied with anything other than promotion and taking this club to step 4. It’s a big aim, but we’re not here to make up the numbers" 

IMG_20201103_125409_700.jpg

37 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Q&A With new Edgware Town Manager Rak Hudson 

I wonder what Agamemnon3 thinks of it

On 02/09/2020 at 12:33, Rhodes said:

View from the Boundary - Yes, that's right, there was the thread above about them leaving the League along with Wembley so we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out, it would be a shame to lose Edgware Town who remain the only Club to do the domestic treble in 2006/07, that was some achievement:

Edited by Rhodes

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

View From The Boundary - Yes, that's right, there was the thread above about them leaving the League along with Wembley so we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out, it would be a shame to lose Edgware Town who remain the only Club to do the domestic treble in 2006/07, that was some achievement:

As far as I'm aware we will be moving to the new 'Western' division of the Combined Counties League Premier. 

When that will be we don't know,, Covid has put everything on hold. 

Edited by GRS67

Nothing to say about the Q&A Rhodes? Not like you to be slow on the uptake! 

Didn't you think Rak came across very eloquently? I thought the interviewer was very good as well. 

No doubt some people will say he's "a blusterer" 

Talk is cheap but I've seen the signings we've made to say I'm excited would be a understatement!

People are going to be shocked at the team that's been put together with more signings to follow. 

Players with experience of playing at a much higher level, including one who recently played in La liga, another who has played for Blyth Spartans, and a young player who was at Manchester City"s Academy 5 momhs ago! 

The new Era begins tonight! 

Edited by GRS67