Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

As far as I'm aware GRS, this is all still supposition, and almost nothing has actually been decided.  My regular hotline to the FA, Mike Appleby, sadly died last summer, and so I'm as much in the dark as anyone right now.  The FA have long been of the opinion that there should be an extra Step 5 league in the south-east, and until the pandemic struck, the most popular idea appeared to be the one you've posted above.  That is, to split the Combined Counties League into two, North and South, (no West), and to fill out the two new divisions with Clubs from other leagues.

But of course, that projection is almost two years old now, which is why St Panteleimon appear in there.  When the projection was drawn up St P were sharing at North Greenford, and so were ideal for a move westward.  Now, of course, they are sharing at Enfield, which means they are no longer part of the equation -- indeed, a source at St P told me that that is precisely why they moved grounds, in order to avoid being shunted into the CCL.  By the same token, two years ago, Harefield were in Division One of the SSML, Step 6, and so the restructuring didn't apply to them.  Now, as you rightly say, they should be first on the list for the move westward.  The same should be true of Broadfields, although, as they are sharing at a Step 6 Club, they may be overlooked for now.  If Rayners Lane were to win promotion however, then both they and Broadfields could expect to be moved.

Is this all really going to happen, and when ?  Well, this is the FA we're talking about...

Silver Jubilee Park fairly recently, no doubt we would have had many postponements during January and February however it's obviously no consolation:

Billede

We are deeply saddened to announce that Committee member Jeffrey Over has lost his battle with Covid and has sadly passed away. Jeffrey will be be greatly missed by everyone at the club. We send our deepest sympathies to his wife and family May he rest in peace

Adobe_Post_20210209_1028250.9078145166209408.png

Yes, terribly sorry to hear the news about Jeffrey and that he has sadly lost his brave fight against Covid, I knew that he had contracted it in early January. RIP Jeffrey ?.

• 3 weeks later...

Not Edgware Town however I see that Hendon have announced the departure of their Assistant Manager Eddie McLoughlin who only joined the Club in November 2019 from Biggleswade Town, I wonder what we can read into that. Eddie has previously been with St Margaretsbury in the SSML, Stevenage, Hoddesdon Town in the SSML and Hertford Town in the SSML where, as First Team Coach, he was instrumental in their promotion to the Isthmian League in 2016/17 finishing second to Champions London Colney who declined promotion: 

Greensnet - Official Hendon FC: McLoughlin steps down

Eddie McLoughlin

Edited by Rhodes

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not Edgware Town however I see that Hendon have announced the departure of their Assistant Manager Eddie McLoughlin who only joined the Club in November 2019 from Biggleswade Town, I wonder what we can read into that. Eddie has previously been with St Margaretsbury in the SSML, Stevenage, Hoddesdon Town in the SSML and Hertford Town in the SSML where, as First Team Coach, he was instrumental in their promotion to the Isthmian League in 2016/17 finishing second to Champions London Colney who declined promotion: 

Greensnet - Official Hendon FC: McLoughlin steps down

Eddie McLoughlin

Not really relevant to Edgware is it Rhodes! 

1 minute ago, GRS67 said:

Not really relevant to Edgware is it Rhodes! 

GRS67 - No, that's why I wrote 'Not Edgware Town' however it is SSML related in that Eddie McLoughlin was with St Margaretsbury, Hoddesdon Town and Hertford Town and whilst Coach at Hertford Town, in their promotion season in 2016/17, he presided over the two fixtures against Edgware Town, a 2-0 win at Hertingfordbury Park in January and a 0-0 draw at Silver Jubilee Park in October, it sounds from the writing style that you penned both match reports:

28/01/17 - Edgware Town v Hertford Town (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

18/10/16 - Edgware Town v Hertford Town (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - No, that's why I wrote 'Not Edgware Town' however it is SSML related in that Eddie McLoughlin was with St Margaretsbury, Hoddesdon Town and Hertford Town and whilst Coach at Hertford Town, in their promotion season in 2016/17, he presided over the two fixtures against Edgware Town, a 2-0 win at Hertingfordbury Park in January and a 0-0 draw at Silver Jubilee Park in October, it sounds from the writing style that you penned both match reports:

28/01/17 - Edgware Town v Hertford Town (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

18/10/16 - Edgware Town v Hertford Town (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

No I didn't attend either game Rhodes 

8 hours ago, GRS67 said:

No I didn't attend either game Rhodes 

GRS67 - Really, I would have had my house on you being at the away game and penning the report, this sounds like you all over:

A noisy away contingent made for a good atmosphere 

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Really, I would have had my house on you being at the away game and penning the report, this sounds like you all over:

A noisy away contingent made for a good atmosphere d

No news coming out of @SpartanSMFL HQ regarding any possible Inter league cup competition, a number of Step 5 leagues have put proposals for football resuming in April and May something we would support wholly. 

On 25/11/2020 at 10:16, Rhodes said:

Photographs and YouTube coverage from the 2014/15 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final at Northwood FC on 29 April 2015 between Edgware Town and Enfield Town Under 21's, following an exciting 2-2 stalemate after extra time Enfield Town won 4-3 on penalties:

Edgware Town 2 Enfield Town U21s 2 (29/04/15) | Flickr

(256) Middx FA | Premier Cup Final 2015 | Edgware Town v Enfield Town | 30 April 2015 - YouTube

A different album of photographs to that posted previously from the 2014/15 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final, played at Northwood FC on Wednesday 29 April 2015, between Edgware Town and Enfield Town Under 21's:

2015 Premier Cup Final

Edited by Rhodes

From the club's Twitter account 

We have arranged several friendlies both home and away throughout April which we feel will be beneficial to Rak and his players These fixtures are subject to the SSML staging any inter league Cup competition Full details will be announced soon

Edited by GRS67

We're pleased to announce our 'post season' friendlies, these fixtures throughout April are sure to prove beneficial for Rak and his players Fixtures are subject to change, clubs being involved in any inter league Cup competition All games will be played behind closed doors 

IMG-20210316-WA0011.jpg

We're delighted to announce the inaugural Jeffrey Over Memorial Cup, our opponents will be co tennants Hendon. The match will be played on the evening of Tuesday July 13th We'll announce more details in due course. 

received_4060425843975925.jpeg

After a 4 month hiatus we're finally back in action on Saturday when we travel to Chalk Lane to take on Cockfosters in the first of 6 competitive looking fixtures arranged throughout April. Unfortunately ALL games behind closed doors 

IMG_20210331_162708_832.jpg

FT Cockfosters 3-2 #thewares a very encouraging run out for Rak and his players, the first 60 minutes we looked very good, unfortunately the sending off spoiled the tempo of what was a competitive contest Good to be back and we look forward to Tuesday at Hadley 

20210403_140143.jpg

Tomorrow evening we make the short journey to face Hadley in a friendly. 'The Bricks' had a impressive record of W8 D0 L1 in the Essex Senior League sitting in 6th place with games in hand before lockdown. 

Adobe_Post_20210403_1837210.2673430836068692.png