Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

We play AFC Hayes in a friendly on Tuesday evening, PAY WHAT YOU WANT! 

20201213_115159.jpg

Good to see the club playing lots of games ?

GRS67 - Agamemnon3 has been conspicuous by his absence lately hasn't he and particularly since the win over Harefield United on Saturday, how did Richard Pacquette play out of interest, I don't expect he enjoys playing on 3G surfaces at his age.

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Was this Rak's idea out of interest as he is a fan of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana:

Billede

tumblr_mrp12aYpVT1rjhvs8o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Agamemnon3 has been conspicuous by his absence lately hasn't he and particularly since the win over Harefield United on Saturday, how did Richard Pacquette play out of interest, I don't expect he enjoys playing on 3G surfaces at his age 

He's probably gone off to buy a new abacus to count all the goals ?

It's a shame Agamemnon3 had to say those hurtful things about Rak on another Forum as it wasn't necessary, I can only assume that Fergus Moore is a personal friend of his and he took umbrage when Fergus was unceremoniously shown the door at Silver Jubilee Park however that's all part and parcel of the game and makes it what it is. He should know that better than most as he clearly knows his onions going right back to the late 50's and early 60's when he lived up in the North East, he also writes extremely well and eloquently. 

45 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

It's a shame Agamemnon3 had to say those hurtful things about Rak on another Forum as it wasn't necessary, I can only assume that Fergus Moore is a personal friend of his and he took umbrage when Fergus was unceremoniously shown the door at Silver Jubilee Park however that's all part and parcel of the game and makes it what it is. He should know that better than most as he clearly knows his onions going right back to the late 50's and early 60's when he lived up in the North East, he also writes extremely well and eloquently. 

Listen I've always rated Fergus Moore on and off the field but he's left the club now and Rak is now in the hotseat and I hope the club does well as I've always had a soft spot for the club for some reason.

On 12/12/2020 at 00:33, GRS67 said:

Rak's thoughts ahead of the game with Harefield United 

Rak's post match interview is great too, I'm sure he would have stood there and talked all night, unlike some Managers who just want to break away as soon as possible:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Rak's post match interview is great too, I'm sure he would have stood there and talked all night, unlike some Managers who just want to break away as soon as possible:

I'm no John Motson but I'm happy with how the interview turned out, Rak speaks very well, we're very lucky to have him. 

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I'm no John Motson

You're no Karen you mean. It was a really good interview and I bet you had to wind it up rather than Rak as otherwise you would have been there all night, how did it compare to interviewing Rak's predecessor Fergus

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

You're no Karen you mean. It was a really good interview and I bet you had to wind it up rather than Rak as otherwise you would have been there all night, how did it compare to interviewing Rak's predecessor Fergus

I never did a interview with Fergus, as far as I'm aware he never did one on camera during his time as manager.

7 hours ago, GRS67 said:

The "Wares" ran out 4-1 winners this evening in a competitive friendly with AFC Hayes, Mariusz Servin with a first half brace, Andrew Ijiwole added a third and Felix Amoah completed the scoring

GRS67 - Rak can do no wrong can he, it's such a shame that he was 'cheated' out of an FA Vase Second Round tie at Lancing and then, no doubt, a Third Round tie at home to North Greenford United on Saturday, that would have been a battle royale wouldn't it

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Rak can do no wrong can he, it's such a shame that he was 'cheated' out of an FA Vase Second Round tie at Lancing and then, no doubt, a Third Round tie at home to North Greenford United on Saturday, that would have been a battle royale wouldn't it

It is indded a shame as I have no doubt we would have given Lancing a very good game and as you say should we have won we'd had had have a derby with NGU at home with a place in the 4th round at stake 

All ifs and buts through, I'm sure next season we can have a go at having a good Cup run. 

GRS67 - Rak's no stranger to the FA Cup and whilst a Hendon player he helped the Club reach the Third Qualifying Round in 2008/09, the First Round proper in 2010/11 losing 3-2 at Chelmsford City, the Fourth Qualifying Round in 2011/12 and finally the First Round proper again in 2012/13 losing 2-1 at Aldershot. I gather Edgware Town have only ever once reached the Fourth Qualifying Round of the competition, losing 1-0 to a Jimmy Greaves goal at home to Barnet in 1978/79 (see programme cover), so that record could well be equalled or broken next season couldn't it:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Rak's no stranger to the FA Cup and whilst a Hendon player he helped the Club reach the Third Qualifying Round in 2008/09, the First Round proper in 2010/11 losing 3-2 at Chelmsford City, the Fourth Qualifying Round in 2011/12 and finally the First Round proper again in 2012/13 losing 2-1 at Aldershot. I gather Edgware Town have only ever once reached the Fourth Qualifying Round of the competition, losing 1-0 to a Jimmy Greaves goal at home to Barnet in 1978/79 (see proramme cover), so that record could well be equalled or broken next season couldn't it:

Billede

Rak said he was at Kentish Town in 2010/11 and you should have remembered as you were involved then lol 

I was actually at the Barnet game in 1978/79 it was the biggest crowd I ever saw at the WLG, almost 2000. 

Due to the latest Government Tier 3 restrictions ALL home games will be capped at 150 capacity. It is with regret that we must strongly advise against supporters traveling to away games until further notice These rules take effect from midnight Friday

20201217_134321.jpg

We're pleased to announce our matches will continue in Tier 3 with a reduced capacity of 150. Refreshments can resume with take away service only, no alcohol sold, all purchases must be consumed whilst seated. Please help us by abiding with rules to keep SJP Covid safe 

received_434293291314837.jpeg

TIER 4 GUIDELINES Government Guidelines "Non Elite Football Football for adult participants across Tier 4 areas is not permitted" As a result of the new guidelines all our future fixtures have been cancelled with immediate effect until further notice. #StaySafe

received_768227830570574.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Edgware Town pictured at the end of the 2006/07 campaign having won the domestic treble, the first and the only team ever likely to achieve that feat:

134525245_100295098685828_3915192424892858592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=X6ruDTTxGG4AX8Qqf7t&_nc_ht=scontent.fzgh1-1.fna&oh=b06d952b6248dbf7cd5945edb1d4c990&oe=6013EE67