Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

20 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Edgware Town pictured at the end of the 2006/07 campaign having won the domestic treble, the first and the only team ever likely to achieve that feat:

134525245_100295098685828_3915192424892858592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=X6ruDTTxGG4AX8Qqf7t&_nc_ht=scontent.fzgh1-1.fna&oh=b06d952b6248dbf7cd5945edb1d4c990&oe=6013EE67

What a team that was, great period for the club and one that I was involved with as Match Secretary. 

GRS67 - I remember your spats with Browndog on here as if it was yesterday, did you meet him at Harefield United that 2006/07 season when you drew 1-1 or at the White Lion Ground if he was there for the 0-0 draw:

Edited by Rhodes

YouTube highlights and match report from Edgware Town v Sun Sports in a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday 11 March 2017, resulting in a thrilling 3-3 stalemate with Adem Ali, Denis Maharjan and Ethan Mooney netting for Edgware Town. I think I can spot GRS67 in the sparse looking crowd although it was supposedly 85:

(305) Edgware Town FC v Sun Sports FC - YouTube

11/03/17 - Edgware Town v Sun Sports (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

Much loved Edgware Town Committee member Jeffrey Over is in hospital with Covid, I am sure everyone will want to wish Jeffrey well for a quick recovery, perhaps GRS67 could update us on his condition:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "'He's one of our Own' 太壽 နုငလ EDGWARE TOWN F.C. Get Well Soon Jeffrey from all at Edgware Town FC Sp Adobe Spark"

Photographs, match reports and programme, from Baldock Town v Edgware Town in a 2019/20 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Hitchin Road on Saturday 17 August 2019, Baldock Town won 4-2 with Edgware Town's goals coming from Ethan Mooney and Adam Page:

17/08/2019 Edgware v Baldock (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

Match Report: Baldock Town 4 - 2 Edgware Town : 1st Team (baldocktownfc.com)

files.pitchero.com/clubs/1770/qCCm1XVHQN2PgvZ1yHcQ_Programme_Vol+12_Iss1_Edgeware.pdf

BTFC v Edgware League 17/08/19

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs, match report and programme, from Baldock Town v Edgware Town in a 2018/19 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Hitchin Road on Saturday 22 September 2018, Baldock Town won 2-0:

22-09-2018 Edgware v Baldock (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

Baldock V Edgware 22/09/2018 by btfc.ltd - issuu

Baldock Town v Edgware Town League 22/09/18

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs and match report from Ardley United v Edgware Town in an FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie this 2020/21 season, at Hellenic League Premier Division Ardley United on Tuesday 1 September 2020. Edgware Town, who were still under Fergus Moore's guidance, scraped through 6-5 on penalties following a 0-0 stalemate after ninety minutes:

Ardley United FC : Ardley United 0-0 Edgware Town

Ardley Utd v Edgware Town

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs, and match report, from Wealdstone v Edgware Town in a 2015/16 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Second Round tie, at Grosvenor Vale on Tuesday 13 October 2015, Wealdstone won 3-2 after Edgware Town had led 2-0 at the break: 

stonesnet forum • View topic - Stones 3 Edgware 2 (wealdstonefc.co.uk)

Wealdstone v Edgware Town

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2020 at 15:38, GRS67 said:

As far as I'm aware we will be moving to the new 'Western' division of the Combined Counties League Premier. 

When that will be we don't know, Covid has put everything on hold. 

GRS67 - Yes, that's right, it was pretty much all done and dusted until Covid intervened:

May be an image of food and text that says "Combined Counties League North Abbey Rangers Bedfont & Feltham Burnham CCP CC1 HLP SMP CCP HLP CCP Edgware Town Egham Town Flackwell Heath Hanworth Villa Marlow United Molesey North Greenford United Oxhey Jets Reaing City Southall HLE CCP SMP SMP HLP St. Panteleimon CCP SM1 ISC Staines Town Tadley Calleva Virginia Water Wembley WXP HLP SMP Windsor Wokingham & Emmbrook HLP HLE"

Photographs, and match report, from Edgware Town v Enfield Town in a 2007/08 Ryman League Division One North fixture, at the White Lion Ground on Saturday 12 January 2008, the season after the Club had famously swept the board in the SSML winning the Premier Division, Challenge Trophy and Premier Division Cup. Enfield Town won 1-0 in what was very sadly Edgware Town's last season at the White Lion Ground having played there ever since their formation in 1939, as a result of losing the ground the Club were also sadly forced to fold until re-forming and re-joining the SSML in 2014/15:

The Green Green Grass of Home : Edgware pay the penalty for missed chances (edgwaretown.blogspot.com)

Edgware Town 0 Enfield Town 1 (12/01/08)

Edited by Rhodes

20 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Ahh my old blog, can't believe it's still up online, not checked it ages ?

GRS67 - I know you didn't miss many games around that time under Steve Newing and Del Deanus, what did you do with yourself out of interest between 2008/2009 and 2014/15 in the six seasons the Club were sadly not around.

45 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I know you didn't miss many games around that time under Steve Newing and Del Deanus, what did you do with yourself out of interest between 2008/2009 and 2014/15 in the six seasons the Club were sadly not around.

Watched Millwall mostly, the only Non League football I saw was briefly for a couple of seasons when I watched Kingsbury London Tigers at SJP.. Funnily enough I made a blog for them during that period that I believe is still up online, it was called 'Tiger Feet "

17 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Watched Millwall mostly, the only Non League football I saw was briefly for a couple of seasons when I watched Kingsbury London Tigers at SJP. Funnily enough I made a blog for them during that period that I believe is still up online, it was called 'Tiger Feet'

GRS67 - Yes, I remember that and it's still active, I'll put it on the London Tigers thread in due course. Where did you get the idea for the title from out of interest, was it from the pop group Mud who's Christmas song is rolled out every year, I won't mention PetetheGreek:

Tiger Feet (kingsburylondontigers.blogspot.com)

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, I remember that and it's still active, I'll put it on the London Tigers thread in due course. Where did you get the idea for the title from out of interest, was it from the pop group Mud who's Christmas song is rolled out every year, I won't mention PetetheGreek:

Tiger Feet (kingsburylondontigers.blogspot.com)

Please don't.

4 hours ago, petethegreek said:

2 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Yes that's whee I got the idea from. 

One of the last posts I wrote on the 'Tiger Feet' blog was regarding the future of SJP, what would become of it and would it become home for another Non League club.. Quite telling I think you'd agree 

https://kingsburylondontigers.blogspot.com/2011/07/london-tigers-move-from-kingsbury_20.html?m=1

Edited by GRS67

5 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Worth noting that the restructuring projection which suggests that Edgware Town, Wembley, Oxhey Jets and North Greenford United will be moving westwards into the Combined Counties also has Hadley, Cockfosters and Hoddeson Town all coming back into the SSML.  

Do you think this will still happen if the season is null and void? 

Seems telling that last season the FA couldn't wait to Null and Void Steps 3-6, with three quarters of the season played. 

This season with less than a quarter of games played they have been dragging their heels, its been 3 months since Step 3&4 clubs have played a league game, our last game was almost two months ago in the SSMFL 

Perhaps this season will resume, possibly in April who knows, it does seem that the FA don't wish to put off restructuring for another year. 

6 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Worth noting that the restructuring projection which suggests that Edgware Town, Wembley, Oxhey Jets and North Greenford United will be moving westwards into the Combined Counties also has Hadley, Cockfosters and Hoddeson Town all coming back into the SSML.  

Shouldn't Harefield be moving West? I'd have thought Harefield was futher West then Oxhey? 

What about Broadfields though they groundshare. 

Who do you think would be moving West from the SSMFL Div 1 or will they stay put depending if there's a CCL West Div 1?

Personally I'm quite looking forward to the move, new grounds to visit and teams to play plus I think it could offer potentially a easier route to promotion. 

This was mooted as the possible division for this season, it's named 'North' rather than West? 

Screenshot_20210127-095620_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by GRS67

6 hours ago, GRS67 said:

plus I think it could offer potentially a easier route to promotion 

Like with Haringey Borough you mean when they left the SSML for the Essex Senior League, now look at them