Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Karen's Inane Ramblings - 2020/21

On 30/10/2020 at 22:58, Karen Browne said:

I will still be doing the Ramblings it is due to illness that there is a delay, hopefully all missing ramblings and this weeks will all be issued by 6 November

I'm sure we are all waiting with bated breath for Karen's Ramblings, there's no sign of them as yet but more importantly I hope she is feeling better

Here we go folks, episode fourteen of Karen's Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), hot off the press and covering Saturday 24 October. I hope she is feeling better now:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/11/10/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-14/

Here we go folks, episode fifteen of Karen's Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering the midweek action from Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 October:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/11/12/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-15/

• 4 weeks later...

Karen has been busy lately, here is a bumper episode sixteen of her Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering the last Saturday's (31 October) fixtures prior to the lockdown period. I thought the Old Bradwell United v Codicote attendance of just 41 was a bit on the low side that day for 'the clash of the titans':  

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/12/05/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-16/

Episode 17 covering the midweek matches in the Premier Division and Division One on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 November just before the lockdown period:

INANE RAMBLINGS FROM UP NORFF - South Midlands League 2020/21 update #17 - Sports Shots

Karen's working over time at the moment, here's episode 18 of her Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering Saturday's FA Vase Second Round ties as well as the replayed Worthing United v Edgware Town First Round tie:

INANE RAMBLINGS FROM UP NORFF - South Midlands League 2020/21 update #18 - Sports Shots

Edited by Rhodes

Episode 19 of Karen's Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering all of last Saturday's action following the lockdown period:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/12/14/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-19/

Episode 20 of Karen's Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering last Tuesday's five Premier Division fixtures. Karen had a field day with Oxhey Jets 10-0 win and the only thing missing from her ramblings is a sheepskin coat, it was London Colney's heaviest defeat since losing 9-1 at St Margaretsbury on Saturday 21 April 2007 and Oxhey Jets biggest win since beating Hatfield Town 10-1 on Saturday 13 April 2013, take a guess who scored six goals that afternoon at the Boundary Stadium:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/12/17/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-20/

That was quick, Episode 21 already of Karen's Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf), covering last Saturday's five FA Vase ties and the very few Premier Division and Division One fixtures:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/12/21/inane-ramblings-from-up-norff-south-midlands-league-2020-21-update-21/

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what Karen is doing with herself these days, she is so quiet, she could easily still publish her Inane Ramblings (From Up Noorf) even if there is no football at present, I'm sure she could think of something to say or just fill it with interesting statistics as she always does.

On 08/01/2021 at 20:50, Rhodes said:

I wonder what Karen is doing with herself these days, she is so quiet

What do we suppose Karen is doing with herself these days, she is as quiet as a mouse infact I am getting a bit worried, I hope she is okay.

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

What do we suppose Karen is doing with herself these days, she is as quiet as a mouse infact I am getting a bit worried, I hope she is okay.

Probably doing next seasons fixtures.

11 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Probably doing next seasons fixtures

What about yourself out of interest, it must be particularly difficult for you as the beautiful game is your life isn't it. Have you been down to Coles Park to visit your friends as presumably Tom Loizou and Gus Gulfer are still there on a daily basis, also money must be getting tight for both Haringey Borough and New Salamis especially with the lucrative weekend market put on ice, Tom is on a handsome salary at the Club isn't he and some of the players are on good money.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

What about yourself out of interest, it must be particularly difficult for you as the beautiful game is your life isn't it. Have you been down to Coles Park to visit your friends as presumably Tom Loizou and Gus Gulfer are still there on a daily basis, also money must be getting tight for both Haringey Borough and New Salamis especially with the lucrative weekend market put on ice, Tom is on a handsome salary at the Club isn't he and some of the players are on good money.

I'm trying to keep fit.

Officiated in a friendly for Haringey Borough at the start of December.

I would have gone to watch a game this weekend but change of plans.

16 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Probably doing next seasons fixtures.

?

This season is long over now eh! #Helloitsnearlyfebuary

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting really worried about Karen as we haven't heard a peep out of her for ages and there has been serious flooding in her home City of York recently due to storm Christoph, I hope she is okay and hasn't been flooded out: 

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Apologies for not posting much of late but have been in hospital since 11 January and only returned home lunchtime today

Hi Karen - I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying sorry to hear you have been in hospital for so long and I hope you are on the road to recovery, best wishes. 

On 03/02/2021 at 17:28, Karen Browne said:

Apologies for not posting much of late but have been in hospital since 11 January and only returned home lunchtime today

Hi Karen - Just checking on how you are at the moment, hopefully you are okay. Do you happen to know anything regarding the 2020/21 campaign, I am not privy to the SSML hierarchy's information they send out to all Club's on a regular basis, or any webinars that take place, so what is their preference with ending the season when push comes to shove.