Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Wingate & Finchley

seemgee

No reports yet so I’ll go first…. A stop start first half spoilt by injuries and free kicks which made a mockery of the one minute injury time…. Flashes of good free flowing football again with lots of width with DV on the touch line… he is getting back to his best but looked at his most dangerous when going down the line instead of cutting inside which the defender was always expecting… he needs to trust his right foot more to just get a cross in …Wingate looked more than capable going forward so a 1-0 advantage was welcome by a Smith header via the crossbar and nice spin backwards… A superb strike (video already available) by player of the season PK should have put it beyond doubt but Wingate did get a deserved goal making for a tense finish… MOM for me was Ryan who’s forward runs caused plenty of problems to go with some excellent defending….A good win against a good side who will win plenty of games…

Thanks Theo for your usual balanced report. 

Looking forward to being able to see for myself the game against Worthing on Saturday. I am also looking forward to seeing us keeping our 100% home record. So long as I'm there I am not too worried as to how it's achieved.

I do hope my friend BU doesn't spend a lot of time exercising his physic powers to find a subliminal message of negativity in the above because, surprise.....surprise, there isn't one. It's all genuine. 

See our friends at Lewes are still gradually entering the mix following another home goal spree.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
Add to post

I really enjoyed this match, and both teams are to be congratulated on their own contribution towards a thrilling North London derby. Both teams went flat-out for a win, both needed the points, and in all honesty it could have gone either way. Town are playing well, have won all of their five (5) home matches, but last night they had to dig deep, to hold on and triumph in this tense, very nervy contest. Think many would agree this was one of our hardest matches of the season to date. 

Well done to Manager Andy Leese, his staff, and all our players on this excellent team performance, and on topping the IPD table, albeit briefly before the Kingstonian v Worthing  match this evening. Think our home form, and recent performances, set us up nicely for the visit of title favourites Worthing on Saturday. This should be a cracking match, don't miss it !

Finally, very well done to our 'behind the goal' supporters who sung their hearts out right through the match, and really lifted our team when they needed it most, in a tough physical contest. Keep it up guys, and let's have more of the same this Saturday !   COYT

I thought we could’ve scored more again and made the ending a relaxed affair, but nope, it was a nervous ending

Wingate will take points off top 5-6 teams, they were a competent team and as stated by Theo dangerous going forwards, but we stood strong

Different kettle of fish on Saturday, however I believe Andy/Mario know what to expect and will have a game plan in place

28 minutes ago, old towner said:

Still top of the league get in there 

I'm delighted that Worthing had a tough match. Having watched some of the live stream it was interesting that most of the goals came about as a result of mistakes - rather than brilliance. That being said, we will need to keep an eye on Worthing's young right winger (Jasper Pattenden) who looks destined for big things, and also Golding and Pearce.

I'm confident we can score against Worthing, but despite our good defensive record I'm just not convinced we can keep them out - with Chappell having been put on his arse a couple of times by the Chelmsford right winger a week ago.

Still, its a funny old game!