Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Metropolitan Police

littlehampton

MATCH PREVIEW :  FA TROPHY DAY BECKONS

This Saturday Town return to cup action, when they welcome Southern League Premier Division South side Metropolitan Police to the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, for what what promises to be a very close, thrilling FA Trophy Third Round Qualifying encounter.

The Blues are having a good season, and are unbeaten on their travels so far this season, so Town will need to deliver another impressive, dominant, high octane performance, throughout the match, to emerge victorious and progress to the First Round Proper of this prestigious national cup competition.

Town, for their part, are playing well, unbeaten at home this season, top of the table, and in confident mood after thrashing East Thurrock Utd 0-8 away last weekend.

We have a really competitive, strong squad, and Town will be ready for a tough match.

This cup-tie should be a classic. Two good form teams going head-to-head, the unstoppable force against the immoveable object. Too close to call !

The winners of this match will receive £2450 from the FA's prize fund, and a place in the First Round Proper to be played on Saturday 13th November.

Let's have a big Town turnout at the QE2 on Saturday. Our supporters have been brilliant this season in getting behind the team, with plenty of noisy vocal support. Keep it up guys, it really does helps our players deliver the result we all want !

Good luck everyone. See you there.

' COME ON YOU TOWN '

Southern League Premier South sides always provide us with a stiff challenge, unlike 'The Rocks' last weekend, and against Met Police this Saturday, the challenge will be a lot different, and our players will need to pull out their best performance to come out on top.

By all accounts, Met Police are widely regarded as a half decent side. They are well organised, and don't concede a lot of goals. We have one of the best goal differences in our lsthmian League Premier Division, and have delivered some excellent results this season against strong opponents.

A very close, tough match is in prospect. To progress, we need 11 men fighting for that win, playing the football we know they can play, showing the ability we've got to unlock defences, and score good goals.

We are well capable of making home advantage tell, and winning this match, providing we are up for the fight !

Enfield Town expects. Good luck guys !!

Met Police Form Update

After 11 League matches our opponent's are seventh in the Southern League Premier Division South table with 22points.

Interesting to note that whilst they have only won one of their five home matches at Imber Court, they have won five and drawn one of their six away matches.

Will they Cop it at the QE2 stadium tomorrow ? We are about to find out !

As I am sure most Towners will be aware, if the score is level at 90 minutes, there will be no extra time or replay, it will go straight to penalties.

Please your thoughts on the match and likely outcome.  COYT

its a thin blue line for us we win or loose hope we win we need to make sure there defence is busted  and for us to nick a few goals and as we are the boys in blue we have home advantage if we dont want our colars felt we will show them a clean set of heels .lets not see the blues and twos just a good win .

So come on you towners lets have a good home win and stop there run of away wins

btw we dont want pens here

Winning seems to be a habit this season - whether we deserve it or not! Given that Met Police had a penalty saved I'd say they probably deserved a draw (and penalty shoot-out). Still, we found a way to win.

Two things - we really miss Scott Thomas in the middle of the park. And its a very good thing we have Mo and his goals!

Anyway, on to the next round of the Trophy!

Unfortunately it was a return to the long punts forward after a bright opening twenty minutes… LDV after some impressive displays wide dropped deep and moved inside giving their left back the freedom to get forward… Two maybe fortunate goals …the first maybe an arm by Cunnington and second a slightly dubious pen with no danger… After seeing games out impressively against Kingstonian and Wingate we dropped so deep with no outlet and invited pressure…Still prefer our MOM Sam over Scott Thomas and he did well in a game where the ball flew over the midfields heads most the game… Still a very important win for the club even if a bit fortunate… only concern is the return of early season long balls which the inclusion of Cunnington invites… saying that Adam gives his all and is a good player to have in the squad….

agree with a lot ofwhat you said Theo but i will repeat myself again  we need to score more than one goal to be sure of victory  . Today onr nil up sat on our arses and not very well held them out .

Andy FFS stop the long ball .

rant over  lets hope for a nice home tie for the next round

Again couldn't make it today. For reasons I won't dwell on. But thanks again to those who have taken the trouble to give their views on the game. 

Having read Theo's critique, and OT's comments, I too hope we don't go back to our old habits in relying on only playing the long ball. I think we have shown that we are better than that. However, having won 8-0 last week, with AC leading the line, it is understandable why he started today. I accept that he is a valuable part of the squad when our tactics require the need off a target player. But I still think we are better attacking on a wider front by passing the ball through all the team. 

As I have said many times the team who has possession of the ball runs the play. The minute you try a long ball you are not in possession and you are just gambling that the man you target, which ever forward he may be, will be able to collect it.    

That said, now let's get back to the league and carry on our winning ways.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Another strong game from PK. Also thought the full-backs - Kirwan and Chappell - worked very hard defensively. 

The long ball game is proving more effective this season because we actually have someone to win the headers: Cunnington. Previously it was left to Bricknell & Mo, and that really isn't their game.

Can't talk for others, but I personally really enjoyed this match, between two very good sides. It was a classic cup-tie, which was a great credit to non-league football. Both teams gave a good account of themselves, and based on chances Town deserved to edge it, but it was mighty close, and The Met will be kicking themselves that they failed to convert their penalty, which was brilliantly saved by Nathan McDonald. Town did our Club proud on the day, and we can now look forward to a trip up to Bedfordshire, to play Biggleswade Town in the FA Trophy First Round Proper on Saturday 13th November. Enjoy !