Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup 1st Round - Slough v Grimsby

Curtis

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's early day's to comment on this game because imo we've got 'bigger fish to fry' 😏 in the league starting with Chelmsford on Saturday.

What I will say is when this game comes around I would like us to be bold and have a real go at them.

In previous seasons when we've played teams like Gillingham and Rochdale I think we've shown them far too much respect and not really shown what we can do, eventually exiting the cup with a bit of a whimper.

It'll be a game where we have nothing to lose, so a bit like last night lets take the shackles off and give it a real go.

Your talking like a Manager πŸ˜‚ 🀣

On 18/10/2023 at 11:23, GlenSTFC said:

Now all replays are settled hopefully the live games will be announced soon

Last season the live matches were announced on Thursday 20th October 2022…… so expect an announcement either today or tomorrow.

I see Cray Valley PM's trip to Charlton Athletic has been selected. Good for them, although I'm a little surprised as the non-league team is away. Horsham and Bracknell must surely feel hard done by.

Crewe Alexandra vs Derby County is a joke decision. I know Derby are a fallen giant, but it's League Two vs League One, and neither side has played in the FA Cup so far this season.Β 

At least Wrexham weren't selected.

Scarborough Athletic vs Forest Green Rovers
Marine vs Harrogate Town
Oxford United vs Maidenhead United
Hereford v Gillingham
Barnsley v Horsham
Cambridge United v Bracknell Town
Bristol Rovers v Whitby Town

And of course our own tie, all IMHO make much more sense to be televised that Crewe vs Derby. It makes you wonder if the TV executives actually know what the FA Cup is all about!

I would like whoever makes these decisions to explain their reasonings behind it as none of us can fathom the Crewe v Derby selection! But as it’s been mentioned a Saturday 3pm gives the club the best chance of filling AP now with just have to hope the authorities are sensible and don’t limit the capacity to something silly…

β€˜Gillingham will play Slough Town at Arbour Park in the second round of the Emirates FA Cup on Sunday December 2 (2pm).

The game will be played on the Sunday, as opposed to the Saturday, because the fixture has been selected for extended highlights by the BBC.

The game will not be broadcast live.’

When are the extended highlights matches due to be announced?

59 minutes ago, Curtis said:

β€˜Gillingham will play Slough Town at Arbour Park in the second round of the Emirates FA Cup on Sunday December 2 (2pm).

The game will be played on the Sunday, as opposed to the Saturday, because the fixture has been selected for extended highlights by the BBC.

The game will not be broadcast live.’

When are the extended highlights matches due to be announced?

The news was embargoed until 6pm and we are indeed playing on the Sunday at 2pm.Β 

Yes it’s been confirmed our match will be shown as extended highlights (a fee of Β£12,000 was paid last season to clubs) and Grimsby have been given 500 tickets. Not sure if that’s the final or initial allocation. If all members take up the 2 tickets each then that’s nearly 1,300 tickets sold.

Am I reading the ticket instructions on the club website correctly regarding the Grimsby match ?

I don't have a season ticket, so can only buy a ticket in a generalΒ onlineΒ sale starting at 9am on Monday.

We have already had on here a Grimsby fan saying that they would be able to sell out their allocation whatever that number might be for the game.

Can the club prevent Grimsby fans from buying tickets in this online sale ?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Holyport Rebel

5 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I don't have a season ticket, so can only buy a ticket in a generalΒ onlineΒ sale starting at 9am on Monday.

Every season ticket holder can buy two tickets….. so, do you know a season ticket holder you can ask to get a ticket for you.

7 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Am I reading the ticket instructions on the club website correctly regarding the Grimsby match ?

We have already had on here a Grimsby fan saying that they would be able to sell out their allocation whatever that number might be for the game.

Can the club prevent Grimsby fans from buying tickets in this online sale ?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

HR, as far as I know you attend every home game but you have no season ticket?Β