Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup 1st Round - Slough v Grimsby

Curtis

5 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Every season ticket holder can buy two tickets….. so, do you know a season ticket holder you can ask to get a ticket for you.

Thanks for that Curtis.

I'm just a tiny bit concerned that you will get a lot of Grimsby fans trying to buy tickets in this online sale that should be going to Slough fans.

2 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Purchasers will receive a receipt, which can also be emailed to them, which will then need to be exchanged for a match ticket at these designated times:

Hi WR.

I thought that info was just relevant  to season tickets holders purchasing a "ticket" after the Chelmsford game.

Online purchases for us second rate 😀Slough fans ( and Grimsby supporters) are surely just that, automatically bought and obtained with no receipt or exchanging vouchers or suchlike at another time?

That's how I read it.

Edited by Holyport Rebel

3 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Hi WR.

I thought that info was just relevant  to season tickets holders purchasing a "ticket" after the Chelmsford game.

Online purchases for us second rate 😀 fans are surely just that, automatically bought with no receipt or exchanging vouchers or suchlike at another time?

That was my understanding HR.

16 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Hi WR.

Online purchases for us second rate 😀Slough fans ( and Grimsby supporters) are surely just that, automatically bought and obtained with no receipt or exchanging vouchers or suchlike at another time?

That's how I read it.

Why would you buy something online (or offline) and not get a receipt for it?

14 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Hi WR.

That's how I read it.

Would the online tickets not just be the same process as you’d buy for a normal match, i.e. show the QR code on your mobile or print it off?

Sounds like it’ll be a free for all regarding online tickets so any fan can purchase? So members who already have bought 2 can buy more plus more importantly Grimsby fans can buy more than they’ve been allocated. Surely this means they could enter home areas?

3 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Would the online tickets not just be the same process as you’d buy for a normal match, i.e. show the QR code on your mobile or print it off?

Sounds like it’ll be a free for all regarding online tickets so any fan can purchase? So members who already have bought 2 can buy more plus more importantly Grimsby fans can buy more than they’ve been allocated. Surely this means they could enter home areas?

Grimsby Town supporters should purchase tickets directly from Grimsby Town Football Club - see www.gtfc.co.uk for more information.

Any remaining tickets for SLOUGH TOWN supporters will go on general sale online at 9am on Monday, 23rd October.

10 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Grimsby Town supporters should purchase tickets directly from Grimsby Town Football Club - see www.gtfc.co.uk for more information.

Any remaining tickets for SLOUGH TOWN supporters will go on general sale online at 9am on Monday, 23rd October.

WR, yes, Grimsby fans should buy their tickets from their own clubs website, but if they have been allocated only 500 tickets (which don't go on sale until Tuesday) and they have a couple of thousand ( ?) season ticket holders don't you think one or two of them might buy a ticket in our online sale on Monday  just to be sure of seeing the match ? 

Being in amongst home fans wouldn't bother them too much as long as they see the game.

I've done that for games in the past.

Edited by Holyport Rebel

Just now, Holyport Rebel said:

WR, yes, Grimsby fans should buy their tickets from their own clubs website, but if they have been allocated only 500 tickets (which don't go on sale until Tuesday) and they have a couple of thousand ( ?) season ticket holders don't you think one or two of them might buy a ticket in our online sale just to be sure of seeing the match ? 

Possibly as I have no idea how they will be checking that it is Slough fans buying in the online sale, maybe you should ask

someone at the club at todays game?

On a different tack, greybeards will know that one of Grimsby's most celebrated players, Ron Rafferty (145 goals in 264 games for them), came from a local footballing family closely connected to the old Slough Centre FC. All the records show him as starting out at Wycombe in 1954, from where he is shown to have moved to Portsmouth and then on to Blundell Park. But our archive shows a "Ron Rafferty" scoring five goals in five games for the Rebels in 1955. Could it have been the same player, maybe guesting for us during National Service? 

1 minute ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

On a different tack, greybeards will know that one of Grimsby's most celebrated players, Ron Rafferty (145 goals in 264 games for them), came from a local footballing family closely connected to the old Slough Centre FC. All the records show him as starting out at Wycombe in 1954, from where he is shown to have moved to Portsmouth and then on to Blundell Park. But our archive shows a "Ron Rafferty" scoring five goals in five games for the Rebels in 1955. Could it have been the same player, maybe guesting for us during National Service? 

One post on the Grimsby fans forum says that Ron Rafferty was born in Slough.

6 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Possibly as I have no idea how they will be checking that it is Slough fans buying in the online sale, maybe you should ask

someone at the club at todays game?

Shouldn’t have to go and find a club official, the club should have made it clear in their communication? I guess by asking online tickets to be collected a few days before the match may deter Grimsby fans from buying or you have to enter a Slough or nearby postcode? Or as a last resort you get a sniff test for fish at the turnstiles!

Tickets purchased online via the general sale do not need to be exchanged for a physical ticket, as they contain the entry QR code. Only those purchased via the membership pre-sale will need exchanging.

There may be a change to the general sale timings as Grimsby were due to sell at the same time as our general sale but have changed tact. 

On 18/10/2023 at 06:19, Reading Rebel said:

It's early day's to comment on this game because imo we've got 'bigger fish to fry' 😏 in the league starting with Chelmsford on Saturday.

What I will say is when this game comes around I would like us to be bold and have a real go at them.

In previous seasons when we've played teams like Gillingham and Rochdale I think we've shown them far too much respect and not really shown what we can do, eventually exiting the cup with a bit of a whimper.

It'll be a game where we have nothing to lose, so a bit like last night lets take the shackles off and give it a real go.

Ermmm have to comment on this one as not sure what game you watched against Gillingham as we battered them, and only missed chances saves and a screamer of a goal knocked us out… stats backed that up with treble the chances they had 😂 granted Rochdale game we froze a bit.

Anyway great chance for Scottie and the boys to get to the second round, huge achievement for Scottie to get to first round in his first full season, it is not easy with only 32 managers getting there from non league each year… Marc White still never made it.

Great stuff Scottie Yella and the lads 👍

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tickets purchased online via the general sale do not need to be exchanged for a physical ticket, as they contain the entry QR code. Only those purchased via the membership pre-sale will need exchanging.

There may be a change to the general sale timings as Grimsby were due to sell at the same time as our general sale but have changed tact. 

Thanks for that confirmation Tom of the arrangements for season ticket holders.

Your additional comment though about  general  online sale timings being possibly changed doesn't seem to alter the assumption that  Grimsby fans will still be able to buy match tickets supposedly only meant for Slough fans. 

( After all these posts what's the betting Grimsby won't sell out their allocation ! Like most people I have no idea how many Grimsby will bring but I don't want any Slough fan to lose out the chance of buying a match ticket.)

Edited by Holyport Rebel