Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup 1st Round - Slough v Grimsby

Curtis

1 minute ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Thanks for that confirmation Tom of the arrangements for season ticket holders.

Your additional comment though about  general  online sale timings being possibly changed doesn't seem to alter the assumption that  Grimsby fans will still be able to buy match tickets supposedly only meant for Slough fans. 

Anyone else expecting the online ticket site to be frozen/not working come 9am Monday!

Bought on the dot! Surprised you could buy upto 6 tickets. Still think it’s a little risky that the only deterrent is a statement saying only Slough fans should purchase. So how do you stop a Grimsby fan not wearing any colours from coming in? You going to ask them to speak to check their accent?! Or proof of address? Not going to happen is it? 500 ticket is obviously not going to satisfy their demands so I just hope this goes off without trouble. Also hoping as it’s just 500 fans they will be placed along the side so we have both end stands as we should give ourselves every advantage available.

As was suggested on here previously, I had already used the services of a very helpful and understanding   season ticket holder to   guarantee myself a match ticket, but I was curious to see how the online booking procedure would go. 

I went on the Slough Town website at 8.55am and there was nothing on the homepage about the online sale, so I pressed the ticket logo at the top of the page and found it passed me onto the general page where tickets are available for our normal league/cup matches.

Slough v Grimsby was there , but it said "not selling yet."

It seemed on the dot of 9am it changed to a page where you could then buy tickets for the game.

As Glen above has said, the purchasing procedure  seemed to go very smoothly. although I could only go so far as getting to the page of putting my credit card details in.

I didn't obviously want to go any further and inadvertently  buy another ticket.

So well done to the club for  getting the system to work  well at the start.

A couple of comments.

The service charge to buy a ticket  seems to be  1 pound 16p compared to a usual charge added of 40p.

That seems a big mark up compared to other match online ticket sales.

The website says a maximum of only 6 tickets can be bought.

I entered more than this in the tickets required box and it still put me through to the page where I had to enter my credit card details with the grand total already worked out.

Would it decline this sale if I was to go any further ?

I also agree with Glen, that the only "deterrent" to stop Grimsby fans buying tickets on our website is a statement telling them not to do it because they risk not being allowed in or ejected from the ground once inside.

Ah well, let's hope things all go smoothly.

So far, so good anyway. 

Edited by Holyport Rebel

Just now, Reading Rebel said:

I was informed on Saturday that the gate limit has been set at 2,000.

That’s frustrating if true and well short of capacity. But I guess it depends on volunteer numbers and maybe we don’t have enough to cope with more? Shame as it’ll be great to see a proper full AP. As I mentioned I really hope we’ve been given both end stands.

5 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

That’s frustrating if true and well short of capacity. But I guess it depends on volunteer numbers and maybe we don’t have enough to cope with more? Shame as it’ll be great to see a proper full AP. As I mentioned I really hope we’ve been given both end stands.

'For the comfort of watching the game' was the reason given which I suppose is understandable.

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

'For the comfort of watching the game' was the reason given which I suppose is understandable.

Still seems on the low side? I think we have between 550-600 seats plus both covered terraces hold 1800 so that’s 2400 without anyone standing down the sides.

4 minutes ago, Norbert22 said:

Wrong again. 

You obviously can’t sense when something is said in jest can you Norbert? You really are the fun of all the parties aren’t you!

9 minutes ago, REBEL MATTERS said:

Sorry if already mentioned down the thread somewhere, but parking on the day? I doubt its like normal where I turn up early and park no problem (when I dont catch the train).

Basing it on me driving, would someone in the knowhow please advise :)

Going by the past big matches no parking will be available at AP and potentially the adjacent school car park. St Joes would be permit only so it’s going to be street parking or using the town centre car parks.

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

You obviously can’t sense when something is said in jest can you Norbert? You really are the fun of all the parties aren’t you!

Going by the past big matches no parking will be available at AP and potentially the adjacent school car park. St Joes would be permit only so it’s going to be street parking or using the town centre car parks.

Hopefully Lynch Hill Academy will be open.

29 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Hopefully Lynch Hill Academy will be open.

It wasn't on Saturday RR.

At least not the side that I normally use.

Luckily I wasn't too late getting there so I was able to park in one of the few remaining spaces on the other side which faces the stadium.

My usual side ( the side furthest from the stadium ) was all locked up and gated shut.

Edited by Holyport Rebel