Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch v Enfield Town

seemgee

1 hour ago, Up the chins said:

I thought you guys played well and it was very even throughout the match, you may want to change the Enfield admin though because that first line is very unprofessional 

IMG_7556.thumb.png.22b4dc2dbe6117f9ea8a7a2808179d22.png

Whilst there is perhaps no need to mention it, as I understand it (and in comparison to ETFC,) Hornchurch have a larger budget allocated to their playing staff. I make absolutely no complaint about that - it is a result of the different ownership models. What it does mean though is that Hornchurch should be able to attract better players. Results would suggest that's the case. Again, I'm not complaining about that. But from an ETFC point of view, going up against a team with 'better players' and acquitting ourselves well is probably worth mentioning at the end of a game where we were certainly the underdogs.

We’re still to play Billericay or Chatham but you and Carshalton are the two best teams we’ve played all season. Keep that form up and you’re going to be in the mix at the business end of the season. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us again of course!) Special mention to Mickey Parcell, hoping he was going to forget his way home ! 

Edited by cup of tea

30 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Whilst there is perhaps no need to mention it, as I understand it (and in comparison to ETFC,) Hornchurch have a larger budget allocated to their playing staff. I make absolutely no complaint about that - it is a result of the different ownership models. What it does mean though is that Hornchurch should be able to attract better players. Results would suggest that's the case. Again, I'm not complaining about that. But from an ETFC point of view, going up against a team with 'better players' and acquitting ourselves well is probably worth mentioning at the end of a game where we were certainly the underdogs.

Mate that’s not the point, I’m a West Ham fan and If we faced Man City and tweeted that I would think thats unprofessional.  You’re a good side, I have no beef with Enfield, I just don’t feel the need for it

29 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

We’re still to play Billericay or Chatham but you and Carshalton are the two best teams we’ve played all season. Keep that form up and you’re going to be in the mix at the business end of the season. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us again of course!) Special mention to Mickey Parcell, hoping he was going to forget his way home ! 

And I agree with this you’re definitely the hardest opposition we’ve faced this season, you’ll get at least play offs 

17 minutes ago, Up the chins said:

Mate that’s not the point, I’m a West Ham fan and If we faced Man City and tweeted that I would think thats unprofessional.  You’re a good side, I have no beef with Enfield, I just don’t feel the need for it

Not a hill I'm going to die on, but I don't see the harm really. A club volunteer points out that Hornchurch have a more-expensively assembled squad therefore putting our defeat into perspective. Some of the more casual fans may not know that there's that much of a difference in the amount spent by some clubs in non-league football, so I don't think its unprofessional. Imagine the situation next season when you may very well be playing against clubs who have a full-time playing squad (e.g. Havant, Maidstone...). When that happens, your admin may tweet about the Urchins putting on a good show against their full-time opponents. There's no harm in that - and I don't really see the difference other than that in this case it might just take a little bit of the gloss off your well-deserved victory.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you back at our gaff for round 2! (Keep this to yourself, but I've actually got money on Hornchurch to win the league.....shhhhhhh!)

From the Hornchurch highlights it looks like Okotcha went to sleep and lost his man at corners for both goals. Good balls in, but pretty basic stuff really.

Steve Morrison wasn't very complimentary about our tactics on the day - long ball after long ball. Still, barring a couple of defensive lapses it could've paid off.