Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chatham Town v Enfield Town

seemgee

Really poor performance and architects of our own downfall we didn’t trouble the home keeper in the second half although there defence was well marshalled, it’s an artificial pitch and the pitch seemed quite narrow which didn’t suit our style of play , unfortunately Bailey was played at full back due to Paynes suspension and was clearly played out of position and was more of a liability fortunately he was substituted after 30 odd minutes hopefully he will never play in that position again, we have no strength in depth and some additions are urgently needed , great support for our fans deserved more

Good summary Rebel - a frustrating day!

I thought they looked excellent - far stronger than Billericay in my view .... yes we were in it until we conceded the 3rd but didn't deserve anything and I'd struggle to give a MOM .. probably Taafe who did well on his 1st start of the season and adapted well when moving to Rback!

We did have a bit of possession at the start of the 2nd half but didnt manage to do much with it ... we seemed to struggle on the pitch and let the ball go out of play a good few times? 

Understand some of the players weren't well and played through it. .. hats off to them

Feel for Kyle- loved his passion at the start of the season when he was singing with the ultras at Potters Bar when injured - you really want characters like that to be successful at your club - he was playing out of position yet is a defender and he did have a mare .. and was very frustrated when subbed throwing his top down ... he was also nervous I thought on tuesday night when coming on at HT .. 

After the facebook discussion in the week we do need to leave someone on the halfway line when defending a corner - we have scored 2 goals in the last week where a long ball has been all Marcus needs to go and score! Rather than invite a follow up attack after clearing it

We also clearly have a too small squad - Louis was on the bench but recently had an op and our 16 year old defender was there too .. and we only had 4 ... I think Gav has done a great job so far ... but my only challenge would be the lack of rotation in the side .. we clearly know our best XI .. but the rest are not getting game time so will look rusty when called upon or want to leave/go on loan .. 

Theo and George have been 2 recent signings, both of whom not match fit, and George has already left ... 

I hear we can use more subs in the fenix trophy on Tues - hoping we have enough to fill the bench!!