Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town vs BK Skjold

dwhe

All in all a positive outcome to the game. Although they looked good on the break, especially their number 8, I thought we were the more physical side which allowed us to make it count in the end. 

I thought the officials had a good game and even congratulated the far side linesman on his performance. Good to see one making decisions for himself. However, he thought I was taking the p… I suppose he wasn’t used to someone praising him.

That was a really good evening!! Cracking atmosphere and another great game at the Donkey Dome. I agree with other posters that the attendance looked better than the 579 announced. It was a very good turnout for a cold mid-week match.

I had no idea what standard to expect from BK Skjold but they played some excellent football. Two well matched sides. Adi Connolly in goal did well but it helped that they didn't have many (if any) out and out tall players. With Richmond missing from the squad (don't know why), we also didn't have much height and it made for an excellent passing game on both sides. Youngs outstanding once again and I thought Parcell at CB had one of his best games all season. I liked Taaffe at right back too. Yes, he got caught out a couple of times, but he takes chances going forward which I like to see. Adjei-Hersey playing in front of Taaffe had another solid game and Knight on the left put in some tantalising crosses. We should have been more than just the 1 goal up at half time - we had a couple of good chances to extend the lead. Same for the first 10 minutes or so in the second half, in particular an excellent Wyllie header which he directed inches wide of the far post. But to be fair, their equaliser came after a strong spell of possession. I thought their left winger had overhit his cross but having watched the Youtube livestream replay, it was a very well taken goal.

We bounced back well after that setback. I was standing behind the goal and it looked like a penalty to me. On the soft side for sure, but the keeper did (faintly) clip Beckles-Richards as he tried to take the ball away. Youngs made no mistake from the spot. The third goal was poor defensive play - the Skjold defender was unwise to throw the ball to the keeper on such a slippery pitch and Wyllie chased down the lost cause, got his toe to the ball to take it away from the GK and was left with the simplest of tap-ins.

Looking forward to the return leg and the game in Wales.

Best football i have seen us play this season. Was a pleasure to watch at times. Excellent passing game ,expansive play and great crosses going into the box all evening. We should have been 3 or 4 up when they equalized so nice to see us put the game to bed late on. Replacement keeper was very solid. Micky did a good job a CB. We still looked slightly vulnerable to the counter attack and conceding in the last quarter of the match (as usual) but overall a very pleasing performance and result.

Edited by lovely stuff

50 minutes ago, Benjrider10 said:

That was a really good evening!! Cracking atmosphere and another great game at the Donkey Dome. I agree with other posters that the attendance looked better than the 579 announced. It was a very good turnout for a cold mid-week match.

I had no idea what standard to expect from BK Skjold but they played some excellent football. Two well matched sides. Adi Connolly in goal did well but it helped that they didn't have many (if any) out and out tall players. With Richmond missing from the squad (don't know why), we also didn't have much height and it made for an excellent passing game on both sides. Youngs outstanding once again and I thought Parcell at CB had one of his best games all season. I liked Taaffe at right back too. Yes, he got caught out a couple of times, but he takes chances going forward which I like to see. Adjei-Hersey playing in front of Taaffe had another solid game and Knight on the left put in some tantalising crosses. We should have been more than just the 1 goal up at half time - we had a couple of good chances to extend the lead. Same for the first 10 minutes or so in the second half, in particular an excellent Wyllie header which he directed inches wide of the far post. But to be fair, their equaliser came after a strong spell of possession. I thought their left winger had overhit his cross but having watched the Youtube livestream replay, it was a very well taken goal.

We bounced back well after that setback. I was standing behind the goal and it looked like a penalty to me. On the soft side for sure, but the keeper did (faintly) clip Beckles-Richards as he tried to take the ball away. Youngs made no mistake from the spot. The third goal was poor defensive play - the Skjold defender was unwise to throw the ball to the keeper on such a slippery pitch and Wyllie chased down the lost cause, got his toe to the ball to take it away from the GK and was left with the simplest of tap-ins.

Looking forward to the return leg and the game in Wales.

I actually thought there was a foul by us before the penalty.

First game for a while as couldn't get down.  Quite a few changes....think 5 in total from previous game.   Adi didn't have a great deal to do but did well overall, punching clearances when needed and building play from the back.  He stood no chance with their pinpoint finish from the substitute forward.

Mickey was my choice of players on the night, solid at the back, good in the air and played numerous good balls through to Marcus and Reece to run on to.   Joe was steady in his normal spot and good to have him back as we don't look so good without him and Ollie down the left.   Lewis was steady at right back up against a very nippy winger and was quite relieved when he was taken off as thought he was their most dangerous outlet all night.   Scott and Sam both had strong appearances and Dylan was good not only going forwards but also with tracking back and making some important tacles.

Marcus and Reece really look to be building a solid partnership up front and whenever Marcus got on the ball he looked dangerous and I think our Danish opponents possibly gave him too much time as he looked very good whenever he was involved.  Referee was strong for much of the game, although there were big shouts for a handball in the first half where we could have had a penalty from a deep cross....only other thing I questioned was whether Marcus was brought down outside the area in the 2nd half when it looked like their defender got plenty of him.   

Apart from their tricky winger, thought their No.5 and capt was pick of their team, composed on the ball, used it well and always looked relaxed and comfortable bringing it out of defence.

Their goal was a cross from the left wing, with their shortest right winger meeting it on the half volley and tucking it into the corner with a very neat finish.    I worried at this point that it was another case of us conceding late and giving a result away however the penalty won by Reece and Marcus' non stop work rate rewarded him with a tap in of a 3rd goal.

Very solid performance overall, and hopefully we can build on this again v Margate.   

I predicted the attendance would be 570....great atmosphere behind the goal we attack and overall the game was played in. very good spirit apart from the tackle on Joe at the end.

Great start to our European adventure.

2 hours ago, 55 seasons said:

It was a clear penalty, not soft all as the keeper clipped Beckie’s Richard’s before touching the ball. Shortly before, there was a very hefty shove in the back of the same player which the ref, and most of you, missed.

Great all round performance and incredible support.

....as well as the initial foul BY RBR, which everyone also missed