Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chatham 2-0 Hornchurch

Up the chins

We weren’t going to go through the season unbeaten and to lose to the second placed team away isn’t the worst situation to be honest. First half we edged it I think but didn’t get the ball in the back of the net, second half Chatham were the better side, they were using the wings effectively and deserved the win. Good chance to reset and get the cobwebs out after an enforced break. Good game to come next as Canvey will be competitive. COYU

There’s been a few poor performances this season but we’ve managed to get results from them. Today we played a decent side and a poor performance equated to a loss. Doesn’t help we’ve had 2 weeks of no football but 1 shot on target today which should’ve made us 1-0 up is a concern. But we’ve scored goals for fun this year and hope this is a mere small blip but Chatham fully deserved the 3 points. Think that pretty much sums up the day other than our away support was loud and amazing as always. Up the chins

A couple of goalmouth scrambles that on another day would have gone in, on such things are fortunes changed.
Was certainly a good half time talk for Chatham, were a completely different team second half.
Attendance felt low so was surprised at the official numbers. Often attendance seems to be understated in my experience. Maybe they have sold a lot of season tickets that they count regardless of whether the individual turns up? 

Had a few hours to digest yesterday. Not one of our better performances. However I thought that was due to Chatham. Agree I thought we were the better side first half. Second half was a different story, never really thought we had much of a game plan and Chatham took their goals well.