Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not the worst result

Looked a little bit disjointed today no recognised left back Well done Sean for filling in and never looked liked winning but the fact Chatam lost made it a bit easier,Morrisons off what next,I'm still an Urchin always an Urchin,up the Urchins 

2 minutes ago, urchinman1961 said:

Looked a little bit disjointed today no recognised left back Well done Sean for filling in and never looked liked winning but the fact Chatam lost made it a bit easier,Morrisons off what next,I'm still an Urchin always an Urchin,up the Urchins 

What do you mean by Morrisons off? 

As for the game, can’t fault the defence today, took a wonder strike to unlock us, he could try that 9 times out of 10 and it would fly over the bar. Theres a real problem going forward though, been the same for the last 3-4 home games. We create absolutely nothing. Something needs to change going forward because it isn’t working. We can’t expect to win games when we don’t test the keeper enough. Still top but giving teams a chance and we are putting pressure on our away games , where we are going to have to win them, especially with Billericay on the Horizon. 

6 minutes ago, urchinman1961 said:

Yep Morrison off to Sutton,you couldn't make it up everybody clapping what he's done I'm fckin fuming

So all that talk of him saying that he would give us a season at least was a load of bollocks. Why would you want to take that job anyway, it’s a sinking ship, they’re going down. That’s so poor and really could de-rail our season. Why was he in the dugout today then? The board have done so well for us so far so if he does go then I hope we bring in a top manager. The problem is, it’s going to take time for the players to get used to the new managers game plan. This really is awful and at such a crucial stage of the season. 

Edited by Up the chins

Well I'm the voice of reason for the club we're smashing the league and not playing that well and for this to especially after the last two seasons is really testing my patience not wishing Morrison all the best as Gloria Gaynor would say walk out the door your not welcome any more,up the Urchins

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Good news, Craig Edwards is putting his CV in.

That was always going to be the problem I suppose, appointing an ex Football League manager who had no real interest in Hornchurch and was only biding his time until a supposedly better offer came up.

Mind you, Sutton United? 

Craig Edwards no thank you. The guys a prick 

1 minute ago, Up the chins said:

Craig Edwards no thank you. The guys a prick 

Not as much of a prick as Steve Morison though 😆

39 minutes ago, Up the chins said:

So all that talk of him saying that he would give us a season at least was a load of bollocks. Why would you want to take that job anyway, it’s a sinking ship, they’re going down. That’s so poor and really could de-rail our season. Why was he in the dugout today then? The board have done so well for us so far so if he does go then I hope we bring in a top manager. The problem is, it’s going to take time for the players to get used to the new managers game plan. This really is awful and at such a crucial stage of the season. 

if i remember rightly, shame i cant find it to quote, but im sure we were all told that this wouldn't be a short term thing with Morrison, oh dear. Fans being made mugs of again, but then we should all know by now that there is no loyalty in football especially at management / board level. Certainly was when Stimmo went!

Rug has been selfishly pulled from under our feet. crowds up, top of league  by 7 points, fantastic atmosphere at club, well lets hope its not downwards from here, what with no manager.

Or shall we just go and give the title away to Chatham...? I hope not!

Edited by Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

1 minute ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

if i remember rightly, shame i cant find it to quote, but im sure we were all told that this wouldn't be a short term thing with Morrison, oh dear. Fans being made mugs of again, but then we should all know by now that there is no loyalty in football especially at management / board level. Certainly was when Stimmo went!

Rug has been selfishly pulled from under our feet. crowds up, top of league  by 7 points, fantastic atmosphere at club, well lets hope its not downwards from here, what with no manager.

Alex Sharp has done brilliantly for this club but I think he may have let his Millwall affiliation get in the way of that. You only have to listen to Morrisons interviews, he never cared about Hornchurch, he was in it for himself and to progress his own career. If he got us promoted and left at the end of the season I wouldn’t have cared that much, gives us time to get a new manager in and start planning. Literally left us when we have two massive away games in Enfield and Ricay coming up. Anyone fancy seeing Colin in the dugout against Carshalton 😆

Unfortunately I've just heard the sound of a bubble bursting

Really gutted and disappointed that he has left now as we had brought him in to get us promotion

Hopefully I will not now hear the sound of choking too but fear that this and all our injuries could derail us

Sutton's position is not good at all and unless he does something great (and he will be battling relegation against the ex-Urchin Cowleys!) he will be sacked at the end of the season - so depending on how you look at it a big risk or a bit of a stupid thing to do.

However, Don't Stop Believin' - COYU

I guess Jamie Southon will take over on a temporary basis.

Is Kyri Neocleous staying or is he off to run the Greek national team?

Having said all this, the (presumably high) budget will still remain as I presume will most of the players.

Morison was not a genius but he was backed by a big budget.

Any reasonably competent non league manager could probably have done a similar job.

Nil desperandum (the new manager). 

33 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Here's the quote - 6 months ago from Alex's mouth: "If we felt as a board that he was doing this as a 6-month gig to get back into the football league, we wouldn't have made the decision"

https://t.co/bMqGiSpg7F

2 hours ago, Up the chins said:

Alex Sharp has done brilliantly for this club but I think he may have let his Millwall affiliation get in the way of that. You only have to listen to Morrisons interviews, he never cared about Hornchurch, he was in it for himself and to progress his own career. If he got us promoted and left at the end of the season I wouldn’t have cared that much, gives us time to get a new manager in and start planning. Literally left us when we have two massive away games in Enfield and Ricay coming up. Anyone fancy seeing Colin in the dugout against Carshalton 😆

Sorry "Morrisons interviews", I got more info from the back page of the recorder!