Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Horsham V Enfield Town

Definitely looks like us trying to shake things up a bit with those few changes - agreed that it's a very tough game though, not one I'd be too optimistic about at the best of times.

Twitter suggested that we had quite a few chances in the last 30, but they were the better side up to then and 1-1 was a fair result. I'm looking at it as a point gained, especially from a goal down. Was anyone at the game?

I know it's their highlights, but from what I can see, it's hard to argue with 1-1 - they could have been out of sight first half. None of Marcus' chances were absolute sitters, but agreed you'd have backed him to put at least one of them away if he was in the sort of form he was a month or so ago. Still, it's good to see that we're competing in what looked to be a very difficult game on paper, and that we're not just an 11 - the other players in the squad can contribute too.

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I agree Barney, any point away in midwinter is acceptable. 

From a purely selfish point of view I wish we could have more highlights of home games.

Until we do I will continue to read reports on the forum.

By the way..." A belated Happy New Year"  to all subscribers. 

Happy New Year to you too... I assume you subscribe to the ETFC highlights channel on YouTube - it usually has highlights of every game, and an interview with Gavin post game:

https://www.youtube.com/@enfieldtownf.c.highlights7240/videos

The Horsham interview is up already, albeit audio only.

Edited to add: I really appreciate the fact that Gavin gives these interviews (and the excellent work of the interviewer), it's great to get his views on the game, and he certainly doesn't hold back if he feels we've not been good enough (e.g. Folkestone)

Edited by Barney

Hi all

I hope you're well.

Just wondering how Rhys was doing and getting on generally?

Thanks Barney for your info. Most helpful and already started catching up. 

I also agree with you that Gavin keeps in touch with the supporters by his willingness to be interviewed. Also the general information now transmitted by the Board and administrators of the Club to members is a vast improvement on earlier years and must be very appreciated by all.

Gosh considering, my many criticism in the past, I hope the above doesn't sound too sycophantic. I must be mellowing in my old age!! 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

4 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Hi all

I hope you're well.

Just wondering how Rhys was doing and getting on generally?

I would say he's doing very well - I like his willingness to come and claim high balls / crosses, which is helped by his height, and his kicking and distribution seems pretty solid too. I think every keeper at any level has the odd mistake in them, and Rhys is no exception, but he seems pretty reliable and solid. I think the best compliment I can give is that he replaced a very good goalkeeper in Nathan McDonald, and he doesn't feel in any way like a downgrade.

32 minutes ago, Barney said:

I would say he's doing very well - I like his willingness to come and claim high balls / crosses, which is helped by his height, and his kicking and distribution seems pretty solid too. I think every keeper at any level has the odd mistake in them, and Rhys is no exception, but he seems pretty reliable and solid. I think the best compliment I can give is that he replaced a very good goalkeeper in Nathan McDonald, and he doesn't feel in any way like a downgrade.

Cheers for that, good to hear. 👍

3 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Cheers for that, good to hear. 👍

Just to second the above....overall was a little concerned that whoever was coming in would not be up to Nathans level.    However, he's kept us in many games, gets down well despite his size to block low shots and has quite a good command of his areas.   Has pulled of many acrobatic saves this season and totally agree with Barney don't feel like there's been a drop in the #1 position at all.  Kicking has been good, always shows good composure and only really think of one or two occasions from the games I've seen where he could have done better which I would definitely have taken at the start of the season.   Also seems a popular member of the team.