Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oh well!

A short trip down to the coast on a Tuesday evening. 

A few first team players missing tonight no Quinten or Mauro, so starts for Jordan and George on one hell of a wide pitch.

A couple of opportunities in the first half and hastings did hit the bar. Tommie took a knock and had to be replaced, so slight change around.

Interesting to watch how Hastings play from the back, then counter down the channels, some good quick play which we dealt with pretty well. Second half they marked Sean with two players to limit his ability out left.

We were awarded a pen, but that was ruled out due to an earlier offside apparently .

Then during a period of pressure from the home side a last minute cross into the box was well taken for a sucker punch goal.

So no last minute heroics this time and only our second defeat in the league this season.

Good crowd of over 1200 for a Tuesday, (but there were a lot of kids).

So quick exit for the journey home, only to find the car in fronts handbrake had failed and had pinned the front of my car. So short delay until we could start the diversion impacted journey home.

Oh well! Onwards to Saturday.

Champagne on ice for a little bit longer thought Hastings were the stronger side in the second half the throw ins were out of this world and caused us a few problems we had our chances on another day they might have gone in,take that one on the chin,well done Hastings,we move on to Saturday,up the Urchins 

40 minutes ago, Digger. The. Cat! said:

So quick exit for the journey home, only to find the car in fronts handbrake had failed and had pinned the front of my car. So short delay until we could start the diversion impacted journey home.

Oh well! Onwards to Saturday.

I'll make good any damage and compensate you for your inconvenience when I next see you.

Edited by MikeMike

One difficult away game too many for us. Can’t fault the effort of the players , Liam ran his socks off. Doubling up on Sean was noticeable in the second half. Losing Tommy was a blow as well. Reset for Saturday, let’s get behind the team and tick off those points. COYU 

Disappointed with the performance last night, as mentioned above we had no real answer to their expansive play on that wide pitch and never really made their keeper to work all night, I felt our midfield looked abit lethargic with their 9 running the show. Its a shame but we move on. Still very happy with 6 points from the last 3 games! Roll on Saturday to get back to winning ways.

You’d like to think that the 12 game win streak and 8 game win streak has already done the damage. I think with the consistency, it has meant we don’t have to be perfect in the run in and it’s always the most competitive time of the year with teams either fighting for their lives or fighting for a play off spot. I’ve always thought if we lose another game it would be away from home because you have to suffer a lot more but if someone offered 6 points from our last  3 away games which also included Bognor and Dulwich you would have definitely taken it.  It’s 1 loss in 15 games, 2 in 33, they are allowed an off night. We need 10-11pts and we should be getting that - you’d think most of them will come at home. Tough game against Whitehawk on Saturday with them being unbeaten in 8 games and that horrible slope on their pitch. 

Edited by LukeP

I thought we dealt with the way they played well. We certainly had a number of chances to score and probably a lot better chances than they did. But it was one of those games where if you don’t take those chances it’ll come and bite you and it did! Positives to take from the game and we move onto Saturday :) up the chins!