Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Drama drama drama

Unbelievable 97th minute winner the game looked like finishing goalless awful conditions played into the visitors hands as it became a bit of a leveller Concord goal led a charmed life second half but he who dares,up the Urchins 

Conditions were awful today. Second half we created enough good chances to win the game and I think on the balance of things we deserved the win. If it wasn’t for their keeper, we would have scored much earlier. One of them horrible nights, where nobody wanted to be there because of the weather but it was just about finding a way to win and we did that. I’d be very surprised if Saturday goes ahead with the forecast as it is and the way the pitch was by full time, so much standing water. So close now. Onto the next game whoever that may be. 

Agree with everything said above. Water on the pitch made it extremely difficult to play on. Sean Scannell still showed his class though. Didn’t think we were going to get the winner and very nearly didn’t. Pleased for everyone but can we win a game like last Saturday rather that the drama! Guaranteed 2nd place now but obviously want to go one better than that COYU 

19 minutes ago, MikeMike said:

Shout out to the ref to let the game continue even though the half-way line on the Riverside looked like a swimming pool for the second half.

Am I right in thinking that if Chatham lose on Friday then a draw against Wingate makes us champions?

Not officially. Chatham would still be able to get to 86. So the only way we are able to win the league against Wingate is Chatham either losing or drawing to Cray and us beating Wingate. 

Credit to the players today, horrible conditions and it was horrible watching the game soaked through let alone playing in it. I’m surprised the referee didn’t abandon the game at half time as there seemed to be a fair bit of standing water slowing the ball down.

It looked like a game that would only be won by either side with a bit of luck or fortune. That said, we had the better chances with their goalkeeper keeping them in it making some great saves.

Another important 3 points thanks to a  last gasp winner, and what a way for Jack to return to the bridge!

No mention of the "goal" that Concord "scored" before Hornchurch got the winner.

Seemed to me that Joe Wright got mixed up with a defender and the Concord player nicked the ball.

The general consensus around me was that we got away with that one.

The Concord manager went mad and, to be honest, I had a degree of sympathy for him. 

I’ve just seen it from the highlights and maybe concord are right to feel a little aggrieved by it, don’t think wright had full control of the ball. When you’re down there, decisions don’t go for you. Even if concord won yesterday, it’s too little too late for them, they’re gone. 

Edited by Up the chins

While I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Concord really the game should have been abandoned and if we had played that game in more appropriate conditions then I don’t think there’s too much doubt over who would have won . Conditions clearly helped Concord more than us