Welcome to the new sotware Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Stu M

Chris Kinnear

How many different variants of this sentence does Chris have? Answers on a postcard...

"Woking have got 29 full-time players and we've got 16 part-timers and not even all of them are all fit."

I was only counting the times that I had heard it on Radio Kent so Alan you are probably closer to the true figure and personally I think Winchester is an extremely interesting place.

Quote:
carjam said:
My memory may be bad, but. Isnt Mr Kinnear a former Fleet player...(much loved at the time)....and does it matter anyway.

Well he only played 19 matches so I doubt that he was much loved as you put it.

19 matches is probably about average. I dont remember him playing but would certainly have seen him. If he had been 'utter c**p'i am suprised Maidstone Utd were interested and West Ham before that. Maidstone often beat us and generally, had more successes than ourselves. Mr Kinnears record as a manager seems to be rather good. He is the same chap that gave Dover great success is he not...or am I completly wrong. Apparently he still lives in Gravesend...and you just dont know..he may one day look to manage a bigger club. Gravesend and Northfleet perhaps. Assuming Andy Ford has been poached by a Champions League team.

His managerial skills are far better than his playing skills were, trust me carjam!. As you well know there was a lot of local rivalry between the Fleet and Maidstone and all the games were pretty close with money bags Maidstone generally having the upper hand, however Kinnear did not play much better even for them and seemed very wound up by the verbal onslaght he received from the Fleet faithful. And as for West Ham being interested, well this is news to me.
I cannot knock him as a Manager, he gets results and the best from his team and should the situation arise that he ever became a Fleet Manager I am sure he would do a good job.
As a player though I just described him as I saw him at the time, however this is just my opinion of course.