Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENFIELD TOWN 2 ETON MANOR 2

i was behind Towns goal at about the 70th min roughly, and asa was the only one trying to get the team going again, everybody else was silent, but he was trying and i thought he played fine. i think he is a good player and should start more.

and yeah chopper told me, £10 per every goal the keeper let in!

This is Asa .would like to know what is missing from my game because you have a better view from the side so that next time i get a game or comeon i can try to improve ??

Hello Asa. I just thought that against your old mates and with the chance of trying to force your way into the starting line up, i don't feel your performance on tuesday was quite good enough to do that.For example the 30 yard shot in the first half. The ball sat up nice, the keeper was off his line.You accessed the situation well.But the shot was poorly executed.As such a good oppotunity to make your mark was wasted. I also think you could use you size and strengh a bit more effectively,especially when lumbering defenders are trying to get to the ball ahead of you.

Asa. This is constructive criticism. YES, i think you are a good player. And YES, i don't feel Jim has given you a fair chance yet to prove yourself.Thats why when you do get a chance you're going to have to have a blinder (instead of a decent performance) to give him no choice BUT to play you. That's all i was saying.

i understand its constructive criticism lovely stuff and am taking it on board not complaining at all fans of the club are great and enjoying myself ....keep up the coments everyone except roy that is

Make sure his up for what? Sitting on the bench or doing stretches behind the lino? if Asa plays on Saturday I will walk out of the ground. No disrespect to the guy but he is not good enough. What has he ever done for us? Why does he not start even when our forwards could not muster a goal between them....there is your answer.

Tend to agree.

When was it that 'our forwards could not muster a gaol between them', for any period of time sufficient to make a change.

I think Jim accepts that Asa will rarely play a full 90 minutes, and seeks to have him coming off the bench. I recall that it nearly worked, too.

If what anonymous said were true he ought to be having a bigger go at the rest of the forward line. In his eyes, they should all be worse than Asa.

So if we see somebody about turn on Saturday when the announcer gets to no.9 ......or is there any point in going in?

Why is everyone avin a pop at Big Asa, you have play to his strenghts, he's never going to be a prolific scorer, but he will always give 110% and when it comes to holding the ball up, he's your man. If the other players around him and the manager can't work out his strenghts, he will always fall foul of the supporters. Jim obviously fancied him, otherwise he'd still be with us, bit parts are not his game, give him a decent shot and he will give you a return, until then you will always be wondering why !!!!

Reading the posts about Asa, I note that he appears to have the support of the majority of etfc fans. Asa gives he's all for the team. Junior picked up on one point which is very valid, he did the same at the Manor, he's constantly encouraging and motivating players, when Asa's on you know he is there. Most of his frustration and I stand to be corrected, is that some of your guys on Tuesday didn't seem to be up for the fight, this cause's Asa more frustration then the opposition. I think he needs a run in the team to show his true worth, I know that's difficult when you have so much talent to choose from, but unless he is given a proper run you will never know!

On a Personal level and aside from Football I like the man, I covered his London marathon run on our website, anyone that is prepared to put themselves out for less fortunate people then himself is a top man in my book.

Said it before, will say it again. Big Asa is a gem, he plays with a smile & gives a 110% whenever he is on the field.

We have to play to his strengths though, as already quoted if you want someone to hold the ball up who at the club does it better?

Remember Harlow, he turned the game when he came on, and the chaos he caused in the Thame defence within minutes of coming on.

Decent bloke, good attitude, reliable performer what else do you want in the ESL??