Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Daniel Clarke

Just like to make the point which as already been said. One player doesn't make a team. If Clarky comes back he'll upset everybody and you will lose team spirit. You don't need his big ego. Come on, he's not that good. Look at Eton Manor last year, done really well. This year we have just started to gets things going after the upheaval at the beginning of the year with all the egos and reputations that came to us. Where are they now? We are better off without them. People left because of them and the spirit was lost. We have finally managed to overcome all that but its probably to late for this year but next year things will bet better.

I agree re Smith and Nyman, great characters and great assets to the club. Ndombe looked good at first but when a guy was hoping to make it as a pro with charlton only to get rejected you can understand why his heart isn't really there for Town. Asa is good when he comes on as a sub. He really can upset defences and make the difference. He isn't anywhere near as effective when he plays from the start alshtough on the flip side, he hasn't reallybeen given the opportunity to prove himsef from the start. The Eton Manor game was a one off-he was too desperate to impress.

I spoke to Brad last night and he said he'll be back in the new year.

Let's hope that we can get a result on Saturday. We then have a two week break to get over some of the knocks and tiredness of avery tough early winter schedule. I agree, a good striker is needed and I cannot wait to see Brad back in midfield. Please Jim, he is far better there!

I don't get all this anamosity towards Clarkey.Yes,he left the club and returned,but so has Brotherton , Allen, R.Hall..etc

He is our record scorer.He was our main striker the ONLY time we have won the league since being formed.Everyone goes on about his lack of goals during his second spell,but it was only bad luck that he didn't get a hatful.He certainly made enough chances for himself. Smith is an excellent forward,but he does not get on the scoresheet enough.Clarkey technically is not as good a player a Smith,but he will outscore him every time. I think they would make a good partnership,with Nyman on the wing.

The trouble with our play against Abbey and EFC is that it was to intricate and short.The ground Town achieved with 10 passes were the same as Abbey and EFC managed with a boot up field and a chance.With Clake uo front we have the option of playing both styles of play depending on what is required in different situations.As the pitches deteriorate.A long ball over the top to Clarke could just be the what we need to win scrapy games.

Balls will we.

If supporters are that fickle as to abandon the club because of which players are (or are not) playing,then we do not want them.

I seem many players that i didn't like over the years , both footballing-wise or in personaltiy, but i would never dream of not turning up to support the team because of that.

Again it is supporters mixing up personality with playing ability,as many did with Cooper.

We formed ETFC to win things and progress,not for it to be some sort of 'step 5' cosy chummy drinking club.

For those that remember the old EFC days.we had plenty of players with bad attitudes and poor disaplinary records BUT IT DIDN'T stop them producing the goods on the pitch when it mattered(stand up P.Harding).At the oppsite end of the scale we had players representing the club BECAUSE of their great attitude ,fighting spirit, turning up 100% of the time for training,but they didn't produce the required level when it most mattered ,during the 90 minutes. (stand up D.Adams).

Of course we all want great players with great attitudes.But we must accept that most non-league players do have individual faults.Otherwise they would be playing in the premier league instead of srep 5.

I think you do your fellow supporters an injustice, LS. Most of us are perfectly capable of making a distinction between ability and attitude - although in fact the two are often linked. An otherwise talented player who is sent off almost every match, for example, is no use to the team, nor is one who's personality and attitude clashed wih the team so as to affect team performances.

Most of us are, I think, basing our judgements on how we believe Danny would perform for the club and his effect on the tactics, as I tried to say in my earlier post.

Jim has lost his mind if clarkey is back .How many times did he have a 1 on 1 and hit the side netting ,put it wide ,put it straight at the keeper when he could have squared the ball to smithy or billy the cat for a tap in .This is jims last desperate act of a shot at the title and something tells me jims lost the plot.

Quote:
Jim has lost his mind if clarkey is back .How many times did he have a 1 on 1 and hit the side netting ,put it wide ,put it straight at the keeper when he could have squared the ball to smithy or billy the cat for a tap in .This is jims last desperate act of a shot at the title and something tells me jims lost the plot.

Good thread. I can also remember the amount of times Billy Cove was left standing in the middle of the box hands on hips shaking his head after getting into a posistion only for Clarkey to turn himself inside out a dozen times before hitting the hoardings or side netting!!

Quote:
i dont think it is a wise decision

Neither do I but I will support any player in a TOWNER shirt.