Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IS IT TIME FOR ONLY ONE CLUB IN ENFIELD

Standing at Sunday's game and seeing the old Enfield badge brought back great memories of following Enfield to places like Torquay, Cardiff, Chesterfield, Preston etc (and even further back to Barnsley, Port Vale etc) and great memories of Southbury Road like beating Wimbledon in the FA CUP.

The question i would like to raise is now that both clubs seem to be on a even footing playing at the same sort of level is it time at the end of the season for the two clubs to sit down and talk over bringing the once old great club back to the borough. Having two clubs is not a healthy situation.

Fair play to all at Town who have worked hard to bring the club up and develop the stadium. (I have been there and seen it happen) but the time is now right for the two boards to sit down and talk.

Fair play to all the E's supporters for sticking it out and working hard. I comend you and respect you for sticking it out and finally getting rid of Lazar**.

I think at the end of this season the time will be right to bring the two clubs together and have one club. Enfield Football Club. Fold Town and bring the club back to where it belongs in the Borugh of Enfield. I know this is controvesial but looking back when Town was formed this is what we were looking for (i think). The E's have the history.

See Yeading playing against Newcastle in the 3rd round of the cup, That should be us!!! We have a bigger fan base etc. Although having a great fan base does not instantaly mean success but it helps.

What do people think??? If you are true fan you know this is the right thing to do.

One other chant i heard on Sunday from some Town fans was that of 'We hate Enfield' ..... Shame on you!! We hate Leyton and Waltham Abbey.

PS - I wonder how many of the so called Waltham Abbey 'CHAV' fans will be at there game with Burnham on Saturday. I would guess about 1 or 2.

Regards,

OLDBOYTOWNENDER

dear boy, nice post for your first venture. Pray tell if your an ETFC fan how well do think your request to fold them will go down, and your revelation that the E's have the history, a well documented contenscious issue?

And why so suddenly do you HATE Waltham Abbey, when no-one bothered before?

I think the two clubs SHOULD get together and talk.The trouble is that so many people at Town have put so much effort into the new club.There are also people at EFC that have put time and money into getting EFC where they are now.

It's possible though.EFC would have to agree to come back to the borough and play at Brimsdown.The current EFC board members that form a 'joint board'with Town board members, would have to accept that no one Chairmen/Boardmember/ moneyman could again have ultmate control of the club.The current system of ensuring that, must remain.

If EFC agreed to this.Town would have to give very serious consideration as to whether to merge,and have a united EFC.

I also think between the two squads we could have a very good team.The more difficult thing would be to dicide who would manage the club.

Quote:
and by the way........

Welcome to ChavScum

Chavs, Neds, Townies, Kevs, Charvers, Steeks, Spides, Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Kappa Slappers, Skangers, Scutters, Janners, Stigs, Scallies, Hood Rats,

Looks like everyone is in the same boat don't it!

We're TOWNERS, you goldfish.

Where's Junior when you need her?

ETFC should not fold but the two clubs must start speaking to each other. One should not take over the other and a groundshare may be the way forward at first. The problem I can see is the constitution of the two clubs. Town is owned by the fans and any merged club in the future must be run along those lines or some middle ground reached re ownership. What must happen is the two boards speaking to each other.

By the way, I don't hate Abbey. some of their fans let themselves down but then so did some of ours.

I think long term if not medium term the two teams have to combine somehow. it should be possible to do it in such a way that no one loses out. Of course the officials of both sides have enjoyed doing the posts they do and there would be a friction in the new club over who does what. But not insurmountble. I think it is a simple choice of stay apart and probably only ever get to Level 4 of the pyramid. Or combine and the fanbase would increase. Sunday showed that there are a lot of people out there who don't turn out to watch either team but I think would appar at a combined club.

Could I just point out there are some supporters of ETFC how never suporterd Enfield.

Have only been watching the club since it was formed.

What have they got to say about the two sides merging together.

Or would it be like before, everyone votes and the majority win.

If and its a BIG IF there was ever any talk it should only be about forming a new club and folding the current two.

Having said that what if supporters then want to carry on with the present two club, we would then have three club.

You see, i does not work, there is always someone who will want to keep the club going.

Town join EFC someone will keep Town going

EFC join Town and I know someone will keep EFC going.

As I said it cant work.

Lets leave things as they are all go on our merry way and let the best team win.

There thats about the most sensable thing I have ever said on the subject.

Having said that we could all fold Cheshunt as well and go and join the Abbey

Rob.There are only a handfull of Town supporters that never followed EFC.Of the few i do know,they are the ones most in favour of a merge.

As to having three clubs.What nonsence.If there was a merger,it would be under the name and history of EFC,but playing at Brimsdown(until a suitable home of our own can be found in the borough) and operating as a supporters run club.ETFC could not carry on ,because the fans would vote to dispand the club and withdraw from its respective league.As such no one could carry on running it.

If a merger does not happen ,i still feel Town are much better positioned to remain viable and progressive in the long term.

And thats YOUR opinion and then the next person will differ, I would vote to keep the Town going and as Brimmo is the home of TOWN where would your new club play?

Lets move on not back.